Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2011, 10:47 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
"All the studies" show that children do better with two parents in a low conflict relationship than one parent. The studies you refer to do not compare straight and gay parents. You are repeating pure propaganda from anti-gay websites which have a habit of misrepresenting studies to support their agenda.

However the studies of gay and lesbian parents show the children do just as well.

If you want to look at how some conservative religious groups would love to indoctrinate and brainwash children as well as teach them to be ignorant, just look at the "curriculum" for teaching children about "science" the Creationist way.

Homeschool Resources in Creation Science
Bachmann supports teaching Creationism (ID) and Evolution. That's fair.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:31 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Please. The VAST majority of people who have issues with homosexuality are the ones who believe that a man in the sky who appeared from nothing and has omnipotent powers spends his days taking tally of who buggers whom.

In a just world, these people would be locked away in asylums for having psychological profiles akin to schizophrenics.

The question becomes: Is it WORTH it to try to make those kind of people "believe" homosexuality if "normal" or "acceptable?" Their "belief" and moral system mirrors that of perpetual children as it is, and they're already becoming increasingly socially and culturally irrelevant as time goes by.
Sounds like you are full of hate.

You should try to be more tolerant.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:58 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,575,262 times
Quote:
Please. The VAST majority of people who have issues with homosexuality are the ones who believe that a man in the sky who appeared from nothing and has omnipotent powers spends his days taking tally of who buggers whom.

In a just world, these people would be locked away in asylums for having psychological profiles akin to schizophrenics.

The question becomes: Is it WORTH it to try to make those kind of people "believe" homosexuality if "normal" or "acceptable?" Their "belief" and moral system mirrors that of perpetual children as it is, and they're already becoming increasingly socially and culturally irrelevant as time goes by.
why blame God, why not mother nature that made a male and a female. it is impossible to put a square into a circle. and those people that think it can be done are crazy sick pervs it is the same as a child molester thinking he was born liking little kids and there for it should be accepted as normal. I see no difference!!!

Old 07-24-2011, 12:02 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The word I used in my original post was "sodomites", not homosexuals. I don't appreciate my posts being hacked and altered. Is "sodomite" a banned word here? It is used in the Bible for those who practice homosexual behavior. How far will political correctness go? Censor the Bible!?
I noticed that too. I just thought you edited it and I did answer your post so I know what it said. When changes are made by mods they almost always say why.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:47 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,920,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The word I used in my original post was "sodomites", not homosexuals. I don't appreciate my posts being hacked and altered. Is "sodomite" a banned word here? It is used in the Bible for those who practice homosexual behavior. How far will political correctness go? Censor the Bible!?
Um if this country had any sense it wouldn't bother censoring the bible it would just toss that old hateful rag in the trash and not give anyone who references it the time of day as if they're crazy people. Oh wait its happening already

Old 07-24-2011, 01:16 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I noticed that too. I just thought you edited it and I did answer your post so I know what it said. When changes are made by mods they almost always say why.
They may be a bit hard pressed for a legitimate reason other than PC.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
why blame God, why not mother nature that made a male and a female. it is impossible to put a square into a circle. and those people that think it can be done are crazy sick pervs it is the same as a child molester thinking he was born liking little kids and there for it should be accepted as normal. I see no difference!!!
Then you need to brush up on your critical thinking skills

Old 07-24-2011, 01:26 PM

Religion is the choice sexuality is not so if you choose to be a bigot and hide behind a cross don't be surprised when people don't have. Very nice things to say about your religion of choice

Old 07-24-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:

There is the word that bothers me, buggers. I heard my sons talking about fudge packing for some time before I finally figured out what they meant but once I did i wondered just how much fun that would be for either participant. Somehow I don't think that thing up there in the sky intended it to be done that way. Yep, i guess one has to be an atheist to be gay and vice versa.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Sounds like you are full of hate.

You should try to be more tolerant.
Atheists just don't seem to be very tolerant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies