Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have buyers remorse after voting for Obama?
Yes. He is not what I thought he was. I am dissappointed. 28 50.00%
No. Everything is going as I had hoped. I am happy with Obama. 28 50.00%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 11:01 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well, I think the conservatives have developed such a culture of ill will and belligerence that they would have done the same to any other democrat. They despise Obama, but do you think it would have been better with Clinton? Edwards? They will try to destroy any democrat who gains power, regardless of the consequences for the country. Obama has given them surprisingly little to attack him on personally, and you know they would, in a second. Recall Ken Starr and Clinton. It is a blind lust for power and conquest that we are seeing, with alot of phony armwaving and pseudopatriotism thrown in for effect. There is no genuine desire to improve America from the TP folks I have seen. Nor is there a desire to solve our current crisis in a thoughtful, informed way. It is all about advancing the agenda of the far right and their corporate sponsors.

I hope Obama stands his ground. If their political assassination works, then so be it. He will be a one termer, but one who pointed out their lies and ill intentions, and who comported himself with intelligence and good will. But I have a feeling most Americans are with me on this one, and he will be reelected, and the Tea Partiers shown the door.
Conservatives hated Bill Clinton as much as they do Barack - maybe even more. I get the sense that, aside from some mild racial prejudice, most conservatives would, when their teeth are pulled, reluctantly admit that Obama ain't a bad human being; they just think he's a crappy president, and they don't want to compromise on any of their 'principles' (i.e. protecting the rich).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 11:10 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
And he's a "Crappy President" because he's a democrat.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:35 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I voted for Obama, and I don't regret a damn thing. I speak as someone who has voted Republican before, and I wouldn't absolutely rule it out again, but the fact of the matter if the Republican party right now is the retarded party. It's a party of stupid people, with stupid ideas, who want the stupidest people of all to show up to the polls and vote for them.

Obama hasn't been perfect, but if people would look at the facts and look past their stupid assumptions about the world around them, they might understand that the guy did inherit one hell of a mess when he took over. He inherited not just a recession but a depression.

The biggest problem I've had with Obama is that he probably pushed the healthcare debate too soon, when he should have been focusing more on the economy. I don't have a problem with his focusing on healthcare, but in retrospect, it wasn't the right time. But he probably felt it was the only time anything could be done about it, and he was probably right. But it was probably a bad decision looking back on it because, politically, it exposed him to a lot of criticism that he might not be receiving now.

Another problem I have with Obama, and with democrats in general, is that he has not always shown that he has a b@llsack. He has tried too hard to be the negotiator, and the nice guy. Screw that. Be an @ss.
Looking back on it? Are you kidding? Basically you're saying you had zero ability to come to this same conclusion at the time. Did you not pay attention? There were howls coming from every flank about the government focusing like a laser on healthcare reform when people were hungry and without jobs. You're just now "looking back on it" and coming to this conclusion? Like millions of other questionable voters in this country, i'm calling into you question your ability to make an objective decision about politics if you're just now figuring out the healthcare debate was a raw deal for America's unemployed.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:34 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Looking back on it? Are you kidding? Basically you're saying you had zero ability to come to this same conclusion at the time. Did you not pay attention? There were howls coming from every flank about the government focusing like a laser on healthcare reform when people were hungry and without jobs. You're just now "looking back on it" and coming to this conclusion? Like millions of other questionable voters in this country, i'm calling into you question your ability to make an objective decision about politics if you're just now figuring out the healthcare debate was a raw deal for America's unemployed.

Yeah, well, it was one decision. One. And it's not like the policy was bad, just the timing. But unlike you, I actually have the integrity to admit it when someone I voted for probably got it wrong; conservatives, however, don't. Yours is an attitude of foolish pride, of Don Rumsfeldish "I know what I'm doing" (even though you know you don't) arrogance.

John McCain didn't know what the f*ck was going on and Sarah Palin...quite honestly probably didn't know what state she was in half the time she was on the campaign trail. If you conservatives would ever allow someone with half a brain to win the nomination, like Mitt Romney, I might consider voting for one again. But that ain't gonna happen. You guy are gonna put Rick Perry or Tom Pawlenty out there and we're going to be left with a vote between Obama and some right wing sock puppet.

Seriously, though, the only guy out there in your party that demonstrates an IQ of above 100 is Romney. I could possibly give that guy a chance to earn my vote, but you guys are going to go with Rick Perry 'cause he's a Texan, and we all know how well Texans govern.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:37 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,290,293 times
Push polling at its most transparent.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:14 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Youngster? He will turn 50 two weeks from now. He is a middle-aged man in his prime. Why should presidents always be old geezers like McCain?

Sorry, what I meant to say was "mental youngster". Beginner.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:33 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
Half the country enjoys the government handouts and entitlements he espouses and supports. So there will be at least half the voters who want his kind to stay in power. What a disgrace and shame we have catapulted so quickly to a society of whiners whose MO is to take from those who produce.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:37 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Any astute political observer should know that there was only the slimmest of hairs separating the policies advocated by then Senators Hillary Clinton and Barak Obama, only the slimmest. Anyone who seriously attempts to argue that Hillary would have acted differently on any range of issues is risible.

The Democratic nomination was was decided upon the resentment over Hillary's vote authorizing the war in Iraq, the progressive wing of the Party's distaste for the Clintonian penchant for triangulation, and the widely held belief that Hillary would prove to be such a lighting rod for rabid dog conservatives that they would be so energized by Hillary's candidacy that she would end up losing in the general election. Lastly, there is no discounting that Obama being an African American added extra excitement into a history making primary, but policy, the only policy difference, ironically, was that Hillary adamantly supported mandated national health care and Obama at the time did not.
In other words countless numbers of you people voted for mr obama because he was black. In my humble opinion that constitutes a form of racism. Pathetic.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:11 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
As someone who stupidly voted for Obama, I can say I have buyers remorse in a big way. The only saving grace for me is I voted for him in the primary, not the general. I had to go "other" in the general. During the primary season, I fell for his majic tongue hook, line and sinker. Then I wised up.

I'm very much wishing other people wised up before they voted as well. So how about you? Do you have buyers remorse about Obama? Is he everything you thought he would be or is he just another politician. A nasty, partisan, mean one at that (going by how he demonizes ANYONE who does not go along with everything he wants to do).
How about you grow a set, note how you would have done things differently and how you would be in a better situation with the McCain and the quitter.

In terms of whatever the outcome of the poll is, all it shows is the opinion of the angry male dominated demographic of this forum. Jesus himself couldn't have done much differently than what was done by Obama.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:17 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWV View Post
Nope..not at all..sorry no remorse here..
Then you are to be pittied...so sorry you do not understand economics, our Constitution and what makes this country so great. BO is absolutely 180 degrees opposite of all of the above...I can't think of one thing he has done right since moving into the White House! As far as the eye can see, everything he has done (and apparently coersed his fellow Dems to do...they do seem to follow blindly) has been extremely detrimental to the economy, verges on the edge of (if not totally) against our Constitution and hasn't a clue of what makes this country so great. I guess he is to be pittied, too, except he isn't smart enough to know he isn't qualified for the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies