Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If CCB had passed, would our Credit Rating have been cut?
Yes, it still would have. We're just in too deep. 55 36.18%
No. It would have shown we were serious about getting spending under control. 93 61.18%
I don't care, I want to keep spending like it's 1999. 4 2.63%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 06:17 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchma Quchi View Post
Indeed, the loud rabble-rousing on this website from teabaggers is not indicative of a true plurality of the voting bloc. People are pissed, and primarily at the GOP and Tea Party. Their unbending, unreasonable posture was obviously to blame for this.
Except for that guy who exponentially increased the nation's debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 06:18 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Apparently Michigan cut off 30k students from Food Stamps... the students were whining that they already in debt from school that they shouldn't have to pay for food... This is our new generation of Americans... investing in gold is looking better by the minute...

Old 08-09-2011, 06:22 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
That apparently didn't sit too well with the American people. Also most polling indicated that the American people WANTED A COMPROMISE that included spending cuts and tax revenue increases. The Republican stance against not raising revenue actually worked against them in terms of public opinion.
Wait so there are polls that found that the majority of Americans want Uncle Sam to take more of their income???

Okay we finally have proof positive that the majority of Americans are completely insane. Strange to find myself in the minority here, but I actually want to keep as much of my own income as possible.

Tell you what JazzyTallGuy lets you and me contact the government and work out a deal where you can pay my taxes for me. That way we can both get what we want. You can give more of your money to the government and I can give less.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:22 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Except for that guy who exponentially increased the nation's debt.
And your boys made ure we pay even more for that debt, thanks teabaggers
Casper

Old 08-09-2011, 06:27 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
President Obama is not, I repeat NOT, incompetent. Rather, he has been crippled by a GOP-dominated Congress. Shame on the Dem voters for allowing this to happen. Had Obama's plans been followed, the country would be in far, far better shape. No question. Had a Republican President been in office now, we'd be in far worse shape.

It is clear now, that the GOP stinks. They stunk under Bush. They stunk under Bush Sr before that. They stunk under Reagan before that. Obviously they are stinking up the place something fierce now, just continuing with their Bush-like nonsense. Many on the Right here were claiming some sort of "victory" over the budget battle, too short-sighted to realize that "MORE BUSH" is not good for the country.

GOP created the Tea party. Not good. GOP didn't listen to Obama, goes their own way. Downgrade. Dow drops. The country is in panic mode. President Obama has been right all along, and obviously is going to have to go on the offensive to offset this very pathetic and bigoted segment of our society.
Dude, shutting your eyes and covering your ears while repeating GOP dominates Congress and therefore makes Obama look bad doesn't make it true

Old 08-09-2011, 06:29 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
And your boys made ure we pay even more for that debt, thanks teabaggers
Casper
Yeah, blame someone else other than Dear Leader.

Later, teabagee. "mmm mmm mmm..........."

Old 08-09-2011, 06:33 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
Obama created more than twice the debt in half the time as Bush. He has ran up the largest budget deficit in history!
This is not an Obama thread, but your claim is false. Bush added 6 trillion, and Obama has added 3.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:34 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,232,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Tea party:

Taxed
Enough
Already

The people who believe the Tea party hates obama is a classic example of brainwashing by the media who for the most part is owned by liberal elitists.
I've been to 2 DC Tea Party rallies. That's what gave me my impression of Obama-hating teapers (not to mention the numerous posts by TP supporters on web forums - NOT views created by the "liberal media").

Old 08-09-2011, 06:35 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
nope the americans are angry at the liberals

4.5 years of liberal control has taken us from a national debt of 8.3 trilllion to a national debt about 15 trillion

enough with the spend and borrow liberals
If you look at it that way, then Republicans just thew in another 3 trillion.

Anyweizer, this thread is about Americans being anrgy at GOP. You seem to want them to be angry at Dems, but at this point they are angry at GOP. I am sorry if that fact offends you.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:35 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Yeah, blame someone else other than Dear Leader.

Later, teabagee. "mmm mmm mmm..........."
Why should he? You guys blame Democrats for Bush's disaster, instead of your Dear Leader, despite the fact that half our debt is directly attributable to him.

Double standards are fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies