Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:16 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I've always found it quite ironic...... stood by impotently and cheered on the Republicans and Corporate America as American jobs were shipped to Mexico, the Phillipines, India, Bangladesh, China, Sri Lanka and other points unknown.
per liberal globalist policies like nafta, cafta, and obamys ofta

who got china into the WTO...clinton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 11:25 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Wow...throw the race card.........

Now, how many new regulations did the obama team put into law last month?
That's all that poster does on every thread.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:39 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,233,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Obama is not the "private sector" ..

The government can't produce anything so in turn, it cannot create jobs ..

The 99 week benefits are expiring .. all of the free government money is going away .. people are now actually "forced" to go back to work ..

Obama encouraged the high unemployment rate by passing out free money ..

The paid government vacation is over .. time to get back to work.

Just imagine for a moment .. how many more people would have been working 18 months ago if the government hadn't paid them to sit at home and do nothing ..

Our economy would be in much better shape by now if the government would have stayed completely out of it from the beginning.
Companies are not hiring. They aren't not hiring because applicants are sitting home happy with their unemployment checks! There are more applicants than job openings, not the other way around.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:46 AM

1,862 posts, read 2,387,173 times
Shame that with all of the spending cuts implemented lately, the public sector has lost a lot of jobs which if the stimulus had more spending and less tax cuts might have been saved.

The loss of those jobs have contributed significantly to the unemployment rate.

Here's an article:
Public Sector Job Cuts Threaten Recovery - US News and World Report

Old 08-05-2011, 11:57 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
You said Obama has delivered the jobs? fine now please tell me where they all are. The people i know who have been out of work some now for over a year, will be glad you have given us a tip. Now please tell me where the jobs are. Because for some odd reason, my very good friends, have not been able to replace the good job they had for some it is over a year. Not talking fast food, run of the mill job, a decent good hard paying job. Where are they. Give me examples please, so i can pass this inofrmation to my friends, whom a year later have not been able to find work. A job with the same salary that they had, from the job they were on some for over twenty years. Now give me a list of the Jobs please by State, this would be appreciated?For your information the people i know who are out of work, are both Dems, and Repubs, most middleaged, some not at the retirement age yet.

Thanks for the recent unemployment figures Obama. 9.2% and in Calif alone, they obviously did not get the memo about jobs, you see, because unemployment in Calif is at all time high of 12% in L.A. County and in Calif 11.88% good numbers for all those jobs out there ha?

Old 08-05-2011, 03:25 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Companies are not hiring. They aren't not hiring because applicants are sitting home happy with their unemployment checks! There are more applicants than job openings, not the other way around.
How ludicrous. Someone formerly earning a decent salary isn't sitting home satisfied with the few hundred a week unemployment pays.

If your 'theory' was correct, we would be reading about companies with jobs unable to find workers, instead of 1,000 applicants for each job. We would also be noticing wage pressure. Absent those two, I'd conclude that your theory is:

Old 08-05-2011, 04:20 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
How ludicrous. Someone formerly earning a decent salary isn't sitting home satisfied with the few hundred a week unemployment pays.

If your 'theory' was correct, we would be reading about companies with jobs unable to find workers, instead of 1,000 applicants for each job. We would also be noticing wage pressure. Absent those two, I'd conclude that your theory is:
How many people showed up for those McDonald's jobs?

Old 08-05-2011, 05:00 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How many people showed up for those McDonald's jobs?
What McDonald's jobs are you referring? McDonald's is a franchise that independently hires and I didn't noticed a labor shortage when I ordered my Big Mac at lunch.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:03 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Republican attempt to kill the economy with the debt limit fiasco didn't work... Jobs are up despite the Republicans work to make America fail...
Please!!

A one month job increase does not a trend make.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:05 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Republican attempt to kill the economy with the debt limit fiasco didn't work... Jobs are up despite the Republicans work to make America fail...
Sureeee....we have seen the promised jobs coming from the Tarp money...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies