Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 08:57 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Imagine what could be done if the GOP would work at helping rather than preventing. In spite of the polls, I guess they don't think the American people see what they are doing.
No pain, no gain.

Elections have consequences, bob.

Are you suggesting that ANY good job creating bills that are proposed by the republicans would be embraced by the left?

You know better than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 08:58 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Republican attempt to kill the economy with the debt limit fiasco didn't work... Jobs are up despite the Republicans work to make America fail...
What EXACTLY has Skippy done to "deliver the jobs"?

Old 08-05-2011, 08:59 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
Yet another desperate attempt at vote-buying by someone who's as desperate as they come, considering how thoroughly he has killed the economy while making his Wall Street masters richer & richer at the expense of African-American males, whose unemployment rate is nearing 42% on his watch.

Seniors aren't about to vote for him either since Bernanke has demolished their savings thanks to those rock bottom interest rates, and obliterating the dollar, which has certainly contributed to $5.00/gallon gasoline in some places.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:04 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Why don't we wait and see how they "adjust" next week. It always happens. And it's always bad news. And it's always buried by the mainstream media.
Yeah the CBO is the same way and GDP too. The media hails the first numbers spit out then when the corrected numbers, or reality, come out not a squeak. Recovery summer. Yippeeeeeeee

Old 08-05-2011, 09:26 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well, Einstein, people want their loved ones home, and it would be a great thanks to repay them by putting them in the unemployment line? Caught you trying to throw veterans under the bus to trash Obama. Good luck with that.

The republicans want to crucify Obama on unemployment, the deficit, government spending, and the wars. He is well aware that you folks will try to brand him a failure if the troops don't come home, if they are unemployed, if unemployment goes up after they come home, even if the spending goes down. So, I think he is anticipating these two goals and being creative.

Frankly, I think veterans deserve a break. They are real patriots, and they have proven they will give everything for their country. I suspect they would be excellent employees. a contrast the antitax whiners I keep reading here. And I think when they get back to work, the economy will improve.
I knew when I posted the link to the proposed program to help veterans get back to work the neo-cons in this thread would throw them under the bus just to bash Obama for coming up with the idea. We have a lot of veterans slated to come home over the next year and adding them to the unemployment or public assistance lines after what they've been through makes no sense. Obama says he will challenge private companies to employ and train 100,000 vets by the end of 2013. The small amount of tax breaks the companies will get per veteran to give them a leg up will be a bargain compared to the cost to the tax payers of having them struggle without jobs.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:29 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Who are all these vets? Guys getting out? Reserve/Nat Guard who didn't work before being deployed? Where are they getting this number from? Who is throwing anybody under the "bus". What are you howling about?

Old 08-05-2011, 09:42 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Who are all these vets? Guys getting out? Reserve/Nat Guard who didn't work before being deployed? Where are they getting this number from? Who is throwing anybody under the "bus". What are you howling about?
Who are they? They're the same guys/gals who you neo-cons stand up and praise and wave flags at as they return to small towns in America. What does it matter if they were Reserves before being deployed or if they had jobs before going? A good portion of the military signed up because they couldn't find jobs here at home or they wanted specialized educational opportunities. But they all served their country none the less.

As for the 100,000 figure, read the article linked earlier in this thread and you'll have your answer. I bet you'll also bulk at another Obama announcement in the article---that this administration is going to have "reverse boot camps" to help returning military wind down from their time served. "Oh, my God!" I can hear you guys saying, "More wasted tax dollars!" That's an example of 'throwing the military under the bus' because if this and the jobs plan was a Republican administration implemented plan, you'd be all for it.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 08-05-2011 at 10:20 AM..

Old 08-05-2011, 09:49 AM

1,019 posts, read 590,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Republican attempt to kill the economy with the debt limit fiasco didn't work... Jobs are up despite the Republicans work to make America fail...
another "Troll" thread composed of leftist "projection".

Old 08-05-2011, 09:54 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
I checked the crystal ball and I predict unemployment will be down in September due to college students returning to college.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:42 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Who are they? They're the same guys/gals who you neo-cons stand up and praise and wave flags at as they return to small towns in America. What does it matter if they were Reserves before being deployed or if they had jobs before going? A good portion of the military signed up because they couldn't find jobs here at home or they wanted specialized educational opportunities. But they all served their country none the less.

As for the 100,000 figure, read the article linked earlier in this thread and you'll have your answer. I bet you'll also bulk at another Obama announcement in the article---that this administration is going to have "reverse boot camps" to help returning military wind down from their time served. "Oh, my God!" I can hear you guys saying, "More wasted tax dollars!" That's an example of 'throwing the military under the bus' because if this and the jobs plan was a Republican administration implemented plan, you'd be all for it.
Just because they come home does not mean they are done with the military....or ETS or Retire.....so there goes that theroy....

As for the reserves....it a law that the employeer must hold that job for the reserveist until he/she returns....It's obvious that you know nothing about the military...or how it runs....

Many Soldiers are re-enlisting to stay in...because they know the jobs on the out side are nil.....easier to stay in....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies