Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 10:30 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times

Advertisements

[quote=wjtwet;20386140]Today gain is because of Obama.
You must remember , bad things happen its Bush or the tea party, good things happen its Obama. Im sitting here in texas where it is over 102 and has not rained for 2 months it is Bushes fault. When it cools off and finally rains its Obamas credit. Nothing bad is Obamas fault just ask Obama[/quo

Yes. Obamma all things good. All things bad=Bush and Tea Party. Except for things like jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 05:03 AM

37,231 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are you going to blame Obama for that? If so is he responsible, in any way, for the monstrous drop last week? No, I know that it was those 20 Tea Party members of the House that voted no on that illegally arrived at bill.
Actually, Roy, if you read the text of the statement released by S&P after the downgrade, one of the points that was reiterated was the GOP's refusal to eliminate the Bush "tax cuts", which were never cuts to start with because they were paid for with borrowed money. The Bush "vote-buying scheme" is what they should have been called.

I didn't write the release, but the blame for the downgrade (and subsequent market drop) can be laid squarely at the feet of republicans.

Own it.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:34 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Stocks rocket higher
Dow stages late recovery in best day since 2009

MarketWatch - Stock Market Quotes, Business News, Financial News

Getting there, should have bought when it was low some people made some serious money in 24 hrs, the smart ones with the cash at hand that is.
Casper
Sheer idiocy. It is the DEBT and downgrades (here & abroad) driving the volitility. Get a clue!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:52 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,041 times
No no you dont get it clearly those gains were from Obama and the Federal Reserve talking.
Then reality set in and people again looked at their saving accounts and investiments and went what in the hell is Obama and the FED doing! "S&IT"
Then it dropped again.

See the markets are responsing to the fake numbers just like the fake money the FED prints so you live in make believe world that any of it

Old 08-10-2011, 11:23 AM

78 posts, read 103,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
We all have our religions. Rick Perry's is Christianity, yours is worship of the Government.
Upon what do you base that? Since I said NOTHING even remotely liberally leaning there, the only logical conclusion would be that you assume anyone critical of any aspect of Christianity is a liberal. If that's the case, how do you explain all of the Ayn Rand conservatives?

Old 08-10-2011, 11:57 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Sheer idiocy. It is the DEBT and downgrades (here & abroad) driving the volitility. Get a clue!
Wrong.
Don't burst anything you seem a tad bit frustrated there, relax.
Casper

Old 08-10-2011, 01:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Actually, Roy, if you read the text of the statement released by S&P after the downgrade, one of the points that was reiterated was the GOP's refusal to eliminate the Bush "tax cuts", which were never cuts to start with because they were paid for with borrowed money. The Bush "vote-buying scheme" is what they should have been called.

I didn't write the release, but the blame for the downgrade (and subsequent market drop) can be laid squarely at the feet of republicans.

Own it.
Can you show me something from S&P that says that passage of C, C, & B would have resulted in the downgrade? I sure would appreciate it if you could.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Wrong.
Don't burst anything you seem a tad bit frustrated there, relax.
Casper
Haha, thats funny..

Example, today France is having economic problems, stocks go down, and you think its the Tea Partiers to blame.. haha, let me guess, if the market goes up tomorrow, its because of Obama..

You guys dont ever stop posting here, please, dont stop. I need people like you to provide me with this type of humor.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:19 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Haha, thats funny..

Example, today France is having economic problems, stocks go down, and you think its the Tea Partiers to blame.. haha, let me guess, if the market goes up tomorrow, its because of Obama..

You guys dont ever stop posting here, please, dont stop. I need people like you to provide me with this type of humor.
Typical of a rightie, make statements stating things I have never said. I never said anything along the lines of what you said in the first set of dribble you posted above, if you would like to attempt to provided some proof of such I would be happy to apologize, I will be waiting
Lots of luck finding it
Thanks, you provide with the same sort of entertainment for me, so I guess we brighten eachothers day
Casper

Old 08-10-2011, 03:29 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Quote:
Stocks rocket higher
Dow stages late recovery in best day since 2009

MarketWatch - Stock Market Quotes, Business News, Financial News

Getting there, should have bought when it was low some people made some serious money in 24 hrs, the smart ones with the cash at hand that is.
Casper
You were saying?
Down 519 points today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies