Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 03:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,232,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
they caused the downgrade of the country's credit rating,...They are nothing but ultra right wing extremists who's time is up.
They did not. The failures of Obama and the Democratic Party to make cuts is what caused the downgrade.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-14-2011 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: rude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 03:20 PM

37,973 posts, read 17,930,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
"The reign of the Tea Party may be coming to an end in Washington, according to academic political experts who say polls show a backlash against the conservative movement."

Tea Party
it's never about the issues for some.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:28 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,009,825 times
Let's face it - much of the Western World has been experiencing a shift to the "right." One can cite many reasons for such a shift - whether it is lax immigration laws, exorbitant spending, or erosion of the traditional values of a culture/country. Economic woes are also ALWAYS a great predictor of political shifts to the right.

All of this is part of our democratic process and, in the end, hopefully functions to provide a balanced and functioning government.

In my estimation, the tea party is a tad too nationalistic and completely out of touch with the global reality that has been created of the course of the last few decades - whether it's global interdependence or the population explosion. Perhaps that it exactly where they want to be but to me, sticking your head in the sand appears to be a precursor of failure. No matter how much one wishes for it, one cannot turn back the hands of time and simultaneously claim to be a stalwart of progress and development, a beacon of hope, and a fair and perspicacious superpower.

I can only hope that the average American voter can draw parallels to historic consequences of such right-wing influences on a nation's social and international development. If overdrawn, the consequences tend to be dire.

Then again, let's hope that our long-established process works and that balance can be re-established.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:35 PM

23,623 posts, read 17,309,078 times
Default shovel ready-burying T-party & digging deeper in debt

Wanting a balanced budget and controlled spending is not extremist....

the media propagandists and Obama minions are doing their best to create another shovel ready project, which is burying the Tparty.

They live in a fantasy world where Obama can win a nobel peace prize and transparency award ...and a presidency without exerting any effort. they have created their own fantasy world and are starting to believe it.

Unfortunately the bastions of the media have revealed themselves as propagandists and have lost all credibility.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:37 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,433,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Wanting a balanced budget and controlled spending is not extremist....

the media propagandists and Obama minions are doing their best to create another shovel ready project, which is burying the Tparty.

They live in a fantasy world where Obama can win a nobel peace prize and transparency award ...and a presidency without exerting any effort. they have created their own fantasy world and are starting to believe it.

Unfortunately the bastions of the media have revealed themselves as propagandists and have lost all credibility.
Excellent points. People have grown tired of politics as usual and are able to look beyond media spin.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,335,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
LMAO! The turnout at teabagger events as of late have been laughable at best, their approval rating is only about 20%, they caused the downgrade of the country's credit rating,...They are nothing but ultra right wing extremists who's time is up.
I guess you didn't see who ran those polls you refer to. NYT, CBS and like that usually don't poll people who may lean any direction other than left.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:42 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,974,073 times
Quote:
"The reign of the Tea Party may be coming to an end in Washington, according to academic political experts who say polls show a backlash against the conservative movement."

Tea Party
I have watched you post many arguments. I usually see you post them, argue a few fallacious points and the get beaten down like a red headed step child, not only by conservatives and libertarians, but by liberals as well.

Are you seeing a pattern here? In one thread, I noticed you were so out of touch with the link you posted, that you didn't even realize you had contradicted it in your heading.

I mean, I am just a bit curious due to your positing habits.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-14-2011 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: Deleted personal comments

Old 08-14-2011, 03:43 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,107,860 times
So who are the 'political experts'? the people with a D after their name and the people who vote for people with a D after their name?
Democrats took the biggest bashing ever last November and it wasn't because of a minority tea party.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,335,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
These same people were just saying that there wasn't even a Tea Party at all.
When the voting took place on that supposed "compromise" too many of the Tea Party disappeared. When only about half of them in the House voted against the "compromise" I learned that some of them are not nearly anti-establishment enough to suit me.

I wonder when somebody from the left will manage to see that the establishment Republicans managed to take at least half the House Tea Party with them. When all these fools talk about the Tea Party holding this whole thing up I get sick to my stomach since it was establishment Republicans like Boehner that caused all the problems. One would think the Tea Party members were much more powerful than they are to hear the left leaners talk about what caused that problem.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:49 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,433,242 times
Quote:
The numerous racist signs at tea party rallies that warn of Whites being enslaved.
That is a laughable leftist myth. Sorry, I have been to TEA Party rallies and have seen no racist signs. Don't spread lies to further your political point of view. It is reprehensible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies