Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 03:46 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Speaking of which, it's spelled "leeches" (Spell Check is your friend).

And thanks for the nice example of Christ's love & forgiveness (not!....which is precisely the sort of hypocrisy Vance is talking about).
You don't know what Christ taught. He taught of God's love and forgiveness. But we must ask His forgiveness or we will not be forgiven. And, we must accept Christ, or God will not hear us.

Please post scripture that supports your view of Christ? Can you do that? Probably not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
This is hilarious. You de realize, don't you, that one of the prime characteristics of liberal's presumed intellectual superiority is an obsession with spelling errors. This allows the liberal to proudly demonstrate their "superiority" in an instance which involves little, if any, intellect and reveals an interest in issues which are irrelevent in the greater scheme of things.

Hilarious!

PS- I have secretaries transcribe and check my spelling. Pointing out the inane arguments of liberals who attack Christianity is not an example of lack of forgiveness. It is simply pointing out an illogical and poorly considered "argument". I am sure that Christ forgives you for your lack of understanding.
No, the poster is an unbeliever. If he were a true beleiver, he wouldn't be attacking you. Christ does not forgive the unbeleivers.

But they will say, "My Jesus ... blah, blah, blah .... " They do not know Jesus.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar22 View Post
I wish this post wasn't true, but it is. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only Christian that wants this nation to abide by truly Christian principles, rather than the twisted, self-serving brand of "Christianity" pushed by the Republicans.

There is NOTHING more corrupt than church married to state, or state intertwined with church. The Dark Ages proved it -- witch burnings, execution of "heretics," inquisitions, tortures, wars, crusades and other disgusting evils all resulted from the church getting involved in politics, and vice versa. The good that is the Christian faith became massively perverted into an unspeakable evil. I am a Christian but I STRONGLY support STRICT separation of church and state. It's the only way to keep both from becoming corrupted.
You do realize, don't you, that "separation of church and state" is not in our Constitution?

No, you don't.

You should read the First Amendment, which was directed to Congress. It made no separation of church and state whatsoever, but it said there shall be no law establishing a state religion (as there was in England). It did not say there shall be no vestige of religion in governmental affairs. In fact, in the early days of the Republic, churches were the primary source of information on governmental affairs, and public discussion of proposed legislation, etc.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Your damn right about those bridges. You wouldn't have them if it were up to the right wing. They would rather let the infrastucture collpase than put people to work and have Obama and Liberals get the credit. Very "Christian" of them.
How asinine.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:43 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You do realize, don't you, that "separation of church and state" is not in our Constitution?

No, you don't.

You should read the First Amendment, which was directed to Congress.
And you should read some legal news since 1868.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:09 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
The article said:
Quote:
War is the greatest suppressor of civil liberties.
I would disagree. I believe tyranny is the greatest suppressor of civil liberties. War, often to oust a tyrant, is therefore often an enabler of civil liberties. There is indeed such a thing as ‘just war’.

"a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace" -- Ecclesiastes 3:8

Old 08-31-2011, 12:10 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,868,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
So when are you moving out of America and into a dictatorship?
Move out and leave my country to people like you, you must be joking.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:14 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
I would disagree. I believe tyranny is the greatest suppressor of civil liberties. War, often to oust a tyrant, is therefore often an enabler of civil liberties. There is indeed such a thing as ‘just war’.
Just wars are few and very far between. Even on any commonly accepted version of just war theory, it is not enough to want to "oust a tyrant." Hell, people can't even agree on what a tyrant is.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:15 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,868,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
, we are "fundamentalist wackos",
I'm glad that you recognize what you are.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
I'm glad that you recognize what you are.
Well, see, the problem that you have is that you do not accept the Bible as written. You do not take Jesus at his word. You would rather pick and choose, and toss out what you don't like. He doesn't give you that option.

When you do that, you become less than Christian.

If you call me a "fundamentalist wacko" you are also calling Christ a "fundamentalist wako", for whatever you say or do to me, you do to Christ.

I am a child of God. What are you? If you haven't accepted Christ, you are still in your sin, and you are not forgiven. Sorry, but that is what He taught.

It isn't what you say. It's what He says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies