Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Israel-Palestine solution poll
Create a Palestinian State with Jerusalem as part of it 18 15.79%
Create a Palestinian State minus Jerusalem 37 32.46%
Create a Palestinian State with some form of common jurisdiction over Jerusalem 36 31.58%
No Palestinian State, I support the status quo 23 20.18%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 11:19 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
You really know very little about the issue unfortunately.
That may be true, but nearly all of the information I hear about this issue is from self-righeous Jews and self-righeous Muslims who are both indignant about the topic.

Quote:
FYI, Jews have not committed any atrocities.
Many Muslims say otherwise. Are they liars?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 11:25 AM

1,123 posts, read 776,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
Many Muslims say otherwise. Are they liars?
The sheer immense volume of terrorism by arab muslims against jews in israel is about 500-1.

Just the fact that the usual morons at C-D have even posted in this absurd poll believing that this is a land dispute, is a sign that few here have a clue about this history or facts of this conflict.

Since you are clearly too lazy to research the issue properly, I'll sum it all up for you in the following:

1) arab muslims will not tolerate the rights or sovereignty of any other group in the middle east.

2) arab muslims believe that they alone have the right to use violence to resolve conflicts, but require everyone else - particularly if the other party is more powerful - to have to use diplomacy.

3) the arab muslims were terrorizing and murdering jews long before israel - or the settlements in the WB - even existed.

4) as long as the current regime of iran exists, peace is not possible in the middle east.

If you can comprehend those 4 points, then you can understand the conflict. The OP and a few other not-so-intelligent posters cannot, so they initiate idiotic polls like this.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:26 AM

915 posts, read 1,190,877 times
How many times does the Quran mention Jerusalem?
How long have Muslims/Arabs been in Israel?

Watch and learn as this Al Jazeera reported gets owned by an Israeli professor in his own language.

Mordechai Kedar in al-Jazeera about Jerusalem & Islam - YouTube

Old 08-31-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
The sheer immense volume of terrorism by arab muslims against jews in israel is about 500-1.
Sounds really scientific.

For the impartial observer, there's no way to distinguish the propaganda from the reality.

Quote:
Since you are clearly too lazy to research the issue properly
it's not laziness, it's apathy.

The apathy is caused by the endless stream of biased people who try and convince the world that the opposing side is inherently evil.

Quote:
If you can comprehend those 4 points, then you can understand the conflict. The OP and a few other not-so-intelligent posters cannot, so they initiate idiotic polls like this.
You need to provide unbiased sources , providing both sides of the argument, if you want me to accept those 4 points as "fact." The fourth one, for example, is a future prediction, so you're obviously lying when you call it a "Fact".

I view both the Jewish state and the Muslim states as racists and bigots and I don't trust a single word of any of them. I simply look at a map, and I see a Jewish state surrounded by Muslim states. I see a land that was, for thousands of years, Muslim, and I see Israel as an unsustainable creation of western governments.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Sounds really scientific. For the impartial observer, there's no way to distinguish the propaganda from the reality.
There is an answer, but you answered why you do not know already below...

"it's not laziness, it's apathy."

So should those knowledgeable do the work for you?

Here is a start, a list of arab terrorist attacks recorded since the 40s:

Which Came First- Terrorism or Occupation - Major

This list is only from 1952, there were major arab terrorist attacks decades before.

Quote:
You need to provide unbiased sources , providing both sides of the argument, if you want me to accept those 4 points as "fact."
I do not NEED to do anything. You want everything spoon fed to you. An adult would get off their ass and go to the library and look up the NY Times microfiche from 1900 forward - you can list all of the terrorist attacks against jews living in the region from then forward, if not earlier.

Quote:
I view both the Jews and the Muslims as racists and bigots and I don't trust either of them.
So you admit your knowledge is miniscule, but make blanket statements of absurd broad opinion based upon that tiny level of understanding? Seriously?

Old 08-31-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
There is an answer, but you answered why you do not know already below...

"it's not laziness, it's apathy."

So should those knowledgeable do the work for you?

Here is a start, a list of arab terrorist attacks recorded since the 40s:

Which Came First- Terrorism or Occupation - Major

This list is only from 1952, there were major arab terrorist attacks decades before.
I asked for an unbiased source and you point me to the Israeli ministry of foreign affairs. LOL.

Quote:
I do not NEED to do anything.
if you want me to change my mind, you do.

Quote:
you. An adult would get off their ass and go to the library and look up the NY Times microfiche from 1900 forward - you can list all of the terrorist attacks against jews living in the region from then forward.
Hah. "New York Times." You would pick that publication, which in my mind is the centerpiece of pro-Israel propaganda in America. You are just digging yourself a deeper hole by showing me that your information comes from biased sources.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:43 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Over half the Jews who live in Israel are actually of Arab descent. Jew have been living in the area longer than any Muslim. What exactly do you think Jesus was? Muslim? Excuse me but he was a Jew.
"Muslims" v. "Jews" has nothing to do with it. Native Palestinans (which the PLO always stated includes pre-Balfour Jews, not to mention Arab Christians) v. colonial invaders is the issue.

Quote:
FYI, Jews have not committed any atrocities.
Deir Yassin, Qibya, Quneitra, Beirut, Qana...

Old 08-31-2011, 11:44 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Quote:
I view both the Jewish state and the Muslim states as racists and bigots and I don't trust a single word of any of them. I simply look at a map, and I see a Jewish state surrounded by Muslim states. I see a land that was, for thousands of years, Muslim, and I see Israel as an unsustainable creation of western governments.
Thousands of years? Do you even know what you are talking about?

Islam is roughly 1400 years old and it was a Jewish land before the Arabs conquered it. In fact, Medina (Islam's second holiest city) in Saudi Arabia was Jewish before it was Arab Muslim.

Also, there was Jewish migration to the area that is present day Israel going back to the 1880s that tolerated and even sometimes encouraged by the Ottoman Empire.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I asked for an unbiased source and you point me to the Israeli ministry of foreign affairs. LOL.
If you had any brains, you'd realize that the list is factual since anyone can easily check the past news to confirm any of the events.

Clearly, you don't.

Quote:
if you want me to change my mind, you do.
Is this english?

Quote:
Hah. "New York Times." You would pick that publication, which in my mind is the centerpiece of pro-Israel propaganda in America. You are just digging yourself a deeper hole by showing me that your information comes from biased sources.
I'm out, you're clearly a troll pretending to be "objective" and seeking to learn more but this is a lie. The NYT is known as fervently anti-israel, and further proof you have no brains is that the reason I mentioned the NYT is that they are against israel, and can still be used as a source. Further, mental superstar, name another newspaper whose clippings go back 120 years, and use them.

But researching takes brains and hard work...

Old 08-31-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Thousands of years? Do you even know what you are talking about?

Islam is roughly 1400 years old and it was a Jewish land before the Arabs conquered it. In fact, Medina (Islam's second holiest city) in Saudi Arabia was Jewish before it was Arab Muslim.

Also, there was Jewish migration to the area that is present day Israel going back to the 1880s that tolerated and even sometimes encouraged by the Ottoman Empire.
excuse me, it wasn't "Muslim", for thousands of years it was, "Not Jewish" for thousands of years.

It was muslim for only 1300 consecutive years.

Quote:
Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The idea of the "Land of Israel", known in Hebrew as Eretz Yisrael (or Eretz Yisroel), has been important and sacred to the Jewish people since Biblical times. According to the Torah, God promised the land to the three Patriarchs of the Jewish people.[35][36] On the basis of scripture, the period of the three Patriarchs has been placed somewhere in the early 2nd millennium BCE.[37] According to Biblical evidence, the first Kingdom of Israel was established around the 11th century BCE. Subsequent Israelite kingdoms and states ruled intermittently over the next four hundred years, and are known from various extra-biblical sources.[38][39][40][41]
Between the fall of the First Kingdom of Israel in 750 BCE and the Muslim conquests of the 7th century CE (a period of over 1500 years), the region came under Assyrian, Babylonian, Persian, Greek, Roman, Sassanian, and Byzantine rule.[42][43] Jewish presence in the region significantly dwindled after the failure of the Bar Kokhba revolt against the Roman Empire in 132 CE.[44] Nevertheless, there was a continuous small Jewish presence and Galilee became its religious center.[45][46] The Mishnah and part of the Talmud, central Jewish texts, were composed during the 2nd to 4th centuries CE in Tiberias and Jerusalem.[47] In 635 CE, the region, including Jerusalem, was conquered from the Byzantine Empire by the Arabs and was to remain under Muslim control for the next 1300 years.[48] Control of the region transferred between the Umayyads,[48] Abbasids,[48] and Crusaders throughout the next six centuries,[48] before being conquered by the Mamluk Sultanate, in 1260.[49] In 1516, the region was conquered by the Ottoman Empire, and remained under Turkish rule until the 20th century.[49]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies