Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 10:49 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,117,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
My racist brother-in-law, who went out and bought several hundred rounds of ammunition soon after President Obama's election (thinking that Obama was going to unilaterally outlaw all bullets and guns), popped up with an observation the other day:

"Well, at least the country can see that a "N" cannot run the country, and so we won't have to worry about another "N" being president again".

He still maintains that the president has turned us into a communist country, although I found it best to not press him for details, since he can be rather vague.
I don't agree with his choice of language, but I do agree with his opinion. There won't be another Black President for at least 20-30 years. I'd put some money on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 10:52 AM

1,019 posts, read 589,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Considering that the President is a Class AAA Blame Artist, I know that there will be all sorts of reasons that will be thrown around by the President, Democrats, and Liberals as to why he became the next One Term President.

But what sort of regrets will Obama himself have? What will he blame for his Magnificent Ouster? Will he blame himself, or others? Will he regret his policies?

Hindsight 20/20 is bound to be quite interesting coming from the First Black President, One Termer, and Worst President in post-War history.
To be honest, I really couldn't care less what regrets Obama the Destroyer has pre, during or post his throttling of the USA with his disgraceful policies.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:55 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,907 times
Quote:
I don't agree with his choice of language, but I do agree with his opinion. There won't be another Black President for at least 20-30 years. I'd put some money on that.
Wow, so his race has something to do with his job performance? I don't ever see a republican winning a general election when they have people like you in their base.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:59 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,117,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Wow, so his race has something to do with his job performance? I don't ever see a republican winning a general election when they have people like you in their base.
I'm just being logical. Racial politics are alive and well in this country. That goes for both sides of the political aisle. This President has done nothing to help race relations, that's for sure. No need to candy-coat it.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:14 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,141 times
As a liberal, I wish democrats would grow some balls. Republicans make decisions and fight for what they want, even if it's wrong. I understand being diplomatic, but when your enemy doesn't want diplomacy, it's time to fight fire with fire. I really wish Obama would tell republicans to be quiet and do his thing, but he's going to regret caving to so many demands from the GOP.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:16 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,593,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
I really wish Obama would tell republicans to be quiet and do his thing, but he's going to regret caving to so many demands from the GOP.
Agreed. He should've adopted that strategy from day one.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:22 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,192,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Tell me how a republican is going to win the presidency without the Latino, African-American and other minority votes. I just don't see Obama losing in 2012.
As the old saying goes:

Never bite the hand that feeds you..

obama/Democrats loose the election and their welfare and government handouts will probably get cut back, I'm sure they'll turn out in force.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:24 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,193,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Put up a viable candidate first, then we shall see. So far you just have a bunch of loons as your frontrunners.

ronald mcdonald is a more viable candidate than obungo obama is.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:36 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,829,266 times
Quote:
Just curious, have you ever read a presidential memoir? Are you familiar with how Hindsight 20/20 works in the eyes of a President? Surely you can speculate as to how a failed presidency came to fruition, right? I mean its not like nearly everything the POTUS does is not in the public eye. Me thinks you just don't like the unsavory task of tearing this president apart for the benefit of discussion.
Obama has made plenty of mistakes. As to which one he will regret the most, I haven't the foggiest. The funny thing is, a person makes campaign promises going into the office of the Presidency, then they get in and get briefed. Who knows what they learn? Maybe that's why Gitmo wasn't closed. I dunno. But tearing him apart on a "Gee, maybe this or maybe that." It all depends on his feelings. And I can't speculate on someone's feelings.

Here....Politifact lists his broken promises. I don't even have to type out his failures. They've done it for me.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken

Old 09-01-2011, 11:37 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
His biggest regret will be the same as most politicians - the fact that he over promised and under delivered. They promise the moon, but usually only deliver a rock.
This.

People act as if Obama's actions are limited to one person, or even one party.

When Republicans are just as idiotic about the "THE SKY IS FALLING AND IT'S THE FAULT OF THOSE DANGED PINKO COMMIES" blame game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies