Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:57 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressy View Post
I understand that. That is why I am curious. While ordinary Jos and Bill and Mary and Anny, who do not own any of the oil dividends, and who will not get a penny from the profits of polluting corporations, why do they support them so much?
What are their concerns, fears? Did they saw something scary on the TV? What was it?
Were they indeed personally affected in a bad way by environmentalists? Did anybody actually lost his job because of the environmentalists' regulations? Did somebody lost any profit? Just curious.
Off course I do not expect many sincery answers, but anyways... this is an anonimous forum, so why not.
Many of those Joes, and bill's and mary's have 401K's and reap the benifits of the oil industry even though they don't realize it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 01:58 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Quote:
I was wondering...

why are you people so angry with environmentalists and what are your personal reasons to be against protecting environment?

NOW, THIS IS NOT A THREAD WHETHER OR NOT GLOBAL WARMING EXISTS!

I ask everyone please, do not feed the trolls if any will come!

My question is why do some people take this side or the other?
Just curious.

Here is my reasons:

I like to breath fresh air. I think cities that pollute air less have more sunny days. I like to ride my bike and to be fit. I hate the amount of huge SUVs on the roads, that take a lot of space and polute a lot of air.

I like travel to places and see wilderness. I lik to bird watch. I am upset to see that more and more wild spieces dissapear from earth.

I want to know that the water I drink is not polluted.
I am upset to see to many natural catastrophs, like hurricanes, earthquakes, forest fires , floods... that occure recently.

I like hiking and seeing beautiful places. I am upset to know that mountain tops are being cut (to mine coal, granit etc).

I like diving and snorkelling. I am upset that beauful marine life is being destroyed when the water is polluted. That corals die because of hotel development and boats. that fish die because corals die, and because plastic stuff and other dirt gets to the sea.

I am upset to see so much precious land on the planet is devoted to garbage fields.

What are your reasons to support one side or another?
Some people have deluded themselves into thinking pieces of ink soaked paper are more important than the world we live in. It doesn't help there are some very crazy people calling themselves environmentalists, but I believe ignorance and greed are a large factor.

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You are correct. The most environmentally conscious folks are those who actually use it.
Congratulations! Good thunkin'. Nobody else uses the environment!

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Americans are not interested in environmental preservation, as the posts reveal.
I disagree....

I spend a lot of money on supplies and equipment to do just that.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:00 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Americans are not interested in environmental preservation, as the posts reveal.
And you are not interested in common sense.

But we knew that...

Old 09-01-2011, 02:02 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
I was wondering...

why are you people so angry with environmentalists and what are your personal reasons to be against protecting environment?
Conservatives want to have a good healthy clean environment, but the so called environmentalist have large numbers married to Marxist views that for many decades have blocked what our country has needed for energy independence, good business and cheaper energy.
Environmentalists have caused us far more expensive energy, try and force green technology that doesn't work that nobody wants and push through the environment far left Marxist views using things that can't speak for themselves like the planet.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:04 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Congratulations! Good thunkin'. Nobody else uses the environment!
No they do and don't really give a rip. Smile at the truth.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
And you are not interested in common sense.

But we knew that...
Dagnabit! I just done looked out my winderr and I sure don't see no pollution falling down. There's nothing but clean air. Shucks, those wackos keep tellin that the air and water has stuff in it, but I didn't see any. They must be dumb.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:06 PM

527 posts, read 467,639 times
Big polluters know that they will get away with their poisoning of the world- just look at Monsanto poisoning the town of Anniston Ala. - they knew they were poisoning the town with PCBs and didnt seem to care-corporate papers were found that proved they knew about it but their attitude was they could not lose 'one dollar in business' so they tried their best to hush it up, they knew they would have the state and federal govt. on their side because they are a large corporation. The citizens are now all dying from PCB poisoning- the company paid a fraction of their profits to the citizens to end the litigation, on with the show-next town could be yours-There is PCB poisoning all over the world-it is found in every human beings blood to some degree-and even in polar bears-it is all a matter of parts per billion in your bloodstream, there are actually ACCEPTABLE levels according to the govt. whic I find a hideous thing- even after they were outlawed years ago they live on in the polluted world- teflon is another pollutant that is found all over the world even in the polar ice-it does not degrade ever, just breaks down into microscopic parts that get into everyting and everyone-multiply this by every company out there dumping toxins that arent caught, or that just pay the fine or settlement-after all money is really the bottom line in all pollution matters, not the environment- just watch the documentary Mann vs. Ford to see another great example of a town full of citizens poisoned by a corporation who offers up basically 8,000.00 per poisoned citizen and say that if they dont accept the settlement they will declare bankruptcy- then getting govt. bailout money -people cry that jobs are lost if the regulations and environmentalists stop industry- well it seems that lives are lost if industry is allowed to just dump at will like they would without their fearing some sort of retribution, and by the way- Reagan pretty much decimated the EPA under his watch anyways so right wingers crying about them is a joke, they are in the back pockets of corporations as is the FDA, who basically let Monsanto write their own regulations regarding genetic altered biological products.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Conservatives want to have a good healthy clean environment, but the so called environmentalist have large numbers married to Marxist views that for many decades have blocked what our country has needed for energy independence, good business and cheaper energy.
Environmentalists have caused us far more expensive energy, try and force green technology that doesn't work that nobody wants and push through the environment far left Marxist views using things that can't speak for themselves like the planet.
This my favorite post on the thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies