Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 04:42 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,523,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Funny how those who scream about abortions and babies being killed don't want to fork out the money to make sure they live past birth.
This ol' saw again? You know very well why they don't want to pay for other people (whether it be for "the children," or for dozens of other "gimme your money because I need it" scenarios, be it an adult or child who is the one in need), so let's not pretend you don't understand the distinction. It's the same exact distinction they would make, even if, they supported abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 04:45 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,940,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
What is the reason behind infant mortality in the USA.

PRETERM BIRTH.

U.S. Newborn Death Rate Ranked Behind 40 Other Nations

The point of this article is to allow the "healthcare bullies" to come out strong about how we need a national healthcare program.

There are countless prenatal state/federal, taxpayer funded programs for expectant mothers, ILLEGAL CITIZENS and LEGAL CITIZENS alike.

Re-read this quote often: "little can be done to prevent preterm birth".

Healthcare bullies - Please go stuff it.
A single quote from some outfit on the Internet is NOT the word from God or even medicine. If you actually do a search on prevention of premature birth, you will find quite a few citations to respected medical sites which give information on the MANY ways to avoid premature birth. Just one example is this article from the Mayo Clinic. Premature birth: Prevention - MayoClinic.com

Moms to be: Health care ignorance can harm or even cause the death of your child. If you are pregnant, go in to see your doctor right away and follow his/her advise regarding prenatal care. Please don't take the post quoted above as the final word on medical care during your pregnancy.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:46 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Oh but they are regulated by the government and the government says our food and water are SAFE.
How does government make something safe again after it's been contaminated? They just raise the threshold of contamination and poof! It's magically safe again

Old 09-01-2011, 05:13 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I apologize if I wasn't clear Memphis1979.

They are part of our infant mortality rate because they are counted as a "premature birth" and kept artificially alive for hours or days, so that they can run up a hellacious bill and thus pay for the equipment and the new neonatal wing of the hospital.

The *other countries* count it as a miscarriage and not part of the infant mortality rate since it was never born thus never alive to die.

20yrsinBranson
I wasn't aware of a different standard between countries reporting, but I'd like to see documentation on that.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:23 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
I wasn't aware of a different standard between countries reporting, but I'd like to see documentation on that.
See the link in post #8

Old 09-01-2011, 05:25 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
There's no such thing as an illegal citizen.
Illegal ALIEN - I think you know what I meant.

Since I can't go back and correct my syntax.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:28 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
A single quote from some outfit on the Internet is NOT the word from God or even medicine. If you actually do a search on prevention of premature birth, you will find quite a few citations to respected medical sites which give information on the MANY ways to avoid premature birth. Just one example is this article from the Mayo Clinic. Premature birth: Prevention - MayoClinic.com

Moms to be: Health care ignorance can harm or even cause the death of your child. If you are pregnant, go in to see your doctor right away and follow his/her advise regarding prenatal care. Please don't take the post quoted above as the final word on medical care during your pregnancy.
No doubt there are a lot of unhealthy people in the USA with obesity rates as they are which probably also contributes to premature births.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:28 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,547,268 times
Quote:
There's a section in this link the goes into it:

Infant mortality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-01-2011, 05:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I blame our chemical laden food and water for having a lot of premature births.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
How does government make something safe again after it's been contaminated? They just raise the threshold of contamination and poof! It's magically safe again
I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:01 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
What can be deducted is that infant mortality in the US rated at 41 has a very low priority and could, at best, provoke a shoulder shrug; so what!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies