Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 09:04 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Just when we should be reinvesting in our country, TP has decided that cutting the deficit and protecting the rich are more important than the economy.
I thought the stimulus was supposed to be the investment that would lead the U.S. to the road of greatness......

Also, "Just When", really? Just when did obama start? He waited till now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 09:12 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I thought the stimulus was supposed to be the investment that would lead the U.S. to the road of greatness......

Also, "Just When", really? Just when did obama start? He waited till now?
The stimulus will kick in just as soon as all those "jobs" happen, that were supposed to be created by (continuing) the Bush era wealthy tax breaks.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:17 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
The tea party is more unpopular with the American public than Obama is currently. Obama's approval rating is doing bad right because the economy still sucks and Congress is a major turn off to voters. But, on the flip side Obama's likability is still high. People like him personally, but are disappointed with his performance. The more visible the tea party becomes the better that is for Obama because angry, mean politics turns off voters and will make Obama look more reasonable. Obama just has to keep offering ways to improve the economy and when Republicans keep saying no, it makes them look out of touch.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:19 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The tea party is more unpopular with the American public than Obama is currently. Obama's approval rating is doing bad right because the economy still sucks and Congress is a major turn off to voters. But, on the flip side Obama's likability is still high. People like him personally, but are disappointed with his performance. The more visible the tea party becomes the better that is for Obama because angry, mean politics turns off voters and will make Obama look more reasonable. Obama just has to keep offering ways to improve the economy and when Republicans keep saying no, it makes them look out of touch.
You don't suppose that responders to polls say that they like Obama so as not to appear racist, do you?

Old 09-03-2011, 09:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Overestimating the TPers is common. Obama is middle left, has problems with the far left and far right. He will try to keep the Indies and moderates. I don't think he cares what the TParty thinks.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
You don't suppose that responders to polls say that they like Obama so as not to appear racist, do you?
I doubt it. If it is just an anonymous poll, no one knows who you are so there's no need to worry about what someone thinks.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:25 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times
Quote:
Only the RACIST ones!

Old 09-03-2011, 09:25 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I doubt it. If it is just an anonymous poll, no one knows who you are so there's no need to worry about what someone thinks.
Could be.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Overestimating the TPers is common. Obama is middle left, has problems with the far left and far right. He will try to keep the Indies and moderates. I don't think he cares what the TParty thinks.
That's the whole goal for 2012. Most Republicans are going to vote for Perry or Romney no matter what. We just want Perry because that would give Obama a chance to grab the center/moderate group of voters.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:27 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Hardly. They have proven to be complete idiots and although they look worse than him, they have tied his hand for doing anything good for the country. They have done nothing for America,except make asses of themselves, and us for electing them. Just when we should be reinvesting in our country, TP has decided that cutting the deficit and protecting the rich are more important than the economy. And if they make it impossible to govern, they win because their ideology is that government cannot do anything. Idiotic.

I am taking the fight to them,because everything I have seen in the news, and have read hear points to a minority with fascist leanings. They want to have their way, and will burn down the place if they don't get it. Obama is not so bad as the Tea Party is idiotic and mean spirited. I voted for O. because I thought he could bring some bipartisanship to government. The current right wingers have not stomach for that, and the sooner we ship them the better.

I think you would be very surprised with what Obama can do when he has a reasonable congress to work with. And we need a reasonable congress to help us get out of this damn recession. Not a bunch of rabid rat terriers pretending to be statesmen.
Reasonable congress?? Whatever. He had a full demwit majority for 2 years and did NOTHING.

He spews his class warfare, blame the rich crap out of one side of his mouth and does something totally different out of the other. The sad thing is, there are still people willing to support him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies