Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 10:51 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,205,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodoovalley View Post
I disagree here again. Sitting in a chair typically blocks the flow of traffic and also makes you stand out, causing possible anguish and embarrassment. Benches do not need to be fixed, and this could certainly be constrewed as discriminatory. Business owners have been proven to be biased toward old people, fat people or someone who just might be a little bit different as in colored or Chinese or Muslim.
Honestly, I loooove places that have fixed benches and detest having my seating space encroached upon. Even to this day, I will ask to be moved if inconsiderate people behind me move the entire seat without asking. Why should I, as a smaller person, be subjected to having my bench moved without notice?

If you can't fit in the seat, move.

If you can't fit in any of the seats, go elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 10:56 PM

80 posts, read 109,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Honestly, I loooove places that have fixed benches and detest having my seating space encroached upon. Even to this day, I will ask to be moved if inconsiderate people behind me move the entire seat without asking. Why should I, as a smaller person, be subjected to having my bench moved without notice?

Then there's people like you! You'd probably kick an elderly person because they were slow at the salad bar, or complain bitterly because someone with no arms was using their feet to operate the fountain drink machine. Some people.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:58 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,064,692 times
Quote:
Then there's people like you! You'd probably kick an elderly person because they were slow at the salad bar. Some people.
Why kick when you can get the cane out from under them?

Old 09-11-2011, 11:02 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,659,141 times
That does sound pretty funny! The guy really should get on a treadmill though.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:11 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,205,182 times
Quote:
Then there's people like you! You'd probably kick an elderly person because they were slow at the salad bar, or complain bitterly because someone with no arms was using their feet to operate the fountain drink machine. Some people.

It's not that difficult a concept.

Why should others be negatively affected by other people's protruding guts?

An elderly person at the salad bar? Easy, I can move around them or patiently wait.

A person with no arms using feet to operate a fountain drink machine? The probability of an armless person being capable of operating a drink machine by foot is little to none. However, I'd be more amazed at the ability of a person to hold a drink with their foot, operate the button with their other foot, and still manage to stand. That would be a feet... errr.. feat to watch.

However, when my seating bench at a restaurant is suddenly, without notice, pushed towards the table with no regards to my comfort, I have a problem with that. Now, if the person asked if it was okay to move the bench, we could communicate and attempt to adjust the bench enough so that both parties were comfortable.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post

It's not that difficult a concept.

Why should others be negatively affected by other people's protruding guts?

An elderly person at the salad bar? Easy, I can move around them or patiently wait.

A person with no arms using feet to operate a fountain drink machine? The probability of an armless person being capable of operating a drink machine by foot is little to none. However, I'd be more amazed at the ability of a person to hold a drink with their foot, operate the button with their other foot, and still manage to stand. That would be a feet... errr.. feat to watch.

However, when my seating bench at a restaurant is suddenly, without notice, pushed towards the table with no regards to my comfort, I have a problem with that. Now, if the person asked if it was okay to move the bench, we could communicate and attempt to adjust the bench enough so that both parties were comfortable.
Ahhhh I love the arrogance of perfect pretty people. I read an article recently, about a few ignorant woman being disgusted by a woman who literally had no arms, and was handling fruit with her feet. Turns out that her feet were actually as clean as the other gals hands. Another article I saw on TV was of a family who went to a restaurant to eat. One of their children had down syndrome and was making farting sounds and being a bit messy with his food. The basis of the segment was that apparently, a couple were disgusted and asked the manager that the boy be removed from the establishment. The fact is that some people have the empathy of a turd. My wife has ulcerative colitis, and needs access to bathrooms wherever she goes. You'd be pretty amazed at how many business owners are totally unconcerned and completely ignorant about her condition, and it's alway totally healthy and fit people too. The same folks that have health insurance provided by work, for themselves, but don't want you having it, unless you pay for it out of your own pocket, even if you did work. The fact is that many people, such as yourself, are arrogant and ignorant. For the record, I'm not overweight, but my wife is, on account of her condition, and it has nothing to do with eating too much or being a glutten or lazy. She was a college professor and was extremely active up until just a couple years ago, even while being overweight, she ran a chainsaw and brushcutter and helped me on numerous construction jobs, but the fact is my fair lady.... many people, even doctors have displayed an attitude towards her, even a couple at a grocery store were ticked off that she had used an electric cart to get to our vehicle, but had gotten up and walked to the door, these people made a huge issue out of it, and I about punched to guy out and slapped his wifes face off. I guess what I'm trying to say here is, that until you've been a black man, and discriminated against, or a gay or lesbian, and discriminated against, or someone who was genetically handicapped or chronically ill, and discriminated against, unless you've actually been there before.... pardon me for saying it, but shut the hell up.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:17 AM

To be a bit more polite.... My wife just turned 65 and I turned 44. I still have some fight left in me, I gotta tell you.... and I really get friggin pissed off when people display attitude about my wifes weight. It really does affect you when your spouse or loved one gets treated like a "thing" rather than a human being. Not everyone is fat because they eat and eat and eat you know. Some get bad bones and can't gop out and play handball anymore or jog it off. Some people get the fat gene and it's a real son of a buck to loose it, as verses my best friend who can eat all and everything he wants and maintain 140 pounds. If you really want to get pissed off about something worthy, how about medicare paying for pos T vacs for old men who should be parking it in the first place. Okay, enough of my rant.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:15 AM

37,194 posts, read 42,391,335 times
People can be afflicted with all sorts of conditions that make doing certain things and being certain places awkward or impossible. That is life. And the story about this downs syndrome child being disruptive...well disruptive children shouldn't be in restraunts no matter what their situation, not every place is for them. If people had manners and were considerate and realized that not everyone gets to do everything (none of us) there would be no trouble.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:55 AM

2,399 posts, read 4,232,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
NFN, it takes vaseline to get a Krystal burger to slide they are so dried out.
With the greased bun, no way. Perhaps you had a bad krystal experience. They're as greased down as anything. The bottom bun has a moist feeling.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:57 AM

2,399 posts, read 4,232,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Because that's what they are.
If I go to a krystal, I don't see sliders on the menu, even though they serve practically the same thing.

I think it's a case of white castle naming them that. Kind of the way people call tissues kleenex, even though that is not what they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies