Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 10:37 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,395,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardianlady View Post
Americans this day can sue for anything even if it has no merit .

That is why we need "loser pays" legislation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 10:40 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,241,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
If I go to a krystal, I don't see sliders on the menu, even though they serve practically the same thing.

I think it's a case of white castle naming them that. Kind of the way people call tissues kleenex, even though that is not what they are.
I can't remember if I've ever been to a White Castle. My area used to have Little Tavern, with their little burgers, but I haven't been to one in decades. I do not recall little burgers being called 'sliders' back then, but now they are all the rage. Don't mistakenly think it's just a White Castle thing - gourmet eateries are offering little burgers, served in multiples, as sliders. It's an 'in' thing now among the foodie set.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:41 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,874,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
What about "Cracker Barrel" or "Sambos"?
Sambo's was sued.

Quote:
With the help of public pressure and even some lawsuits, the owners of Sambo's restaurants or their heirs eventually got a clue and changed the name. Many of the restaurants became "Sam's."
Media Concepts: Racist Sambo's Restaurant Still Exists?!

Old 09-12-2011, 10:42 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,395,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
He shouldn't get anything from the lawsuit, but White Castle -- seriously, you need to know your customer base. I have a 30 inch waste. I've eaten there once in my entire life. This man probably dines there a bit more often. You should make your seating to accomodate him, not me.

Most fast-food joints would probably prefer the fatties to use the drive-thru or pick up their food in the back so as to not chase away other customers.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:45 AM

32,833 posts, read 19,538,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Don't bother loosing weight, SUE, it's the American way!!!!!

White Castle fan claims eatery needs to supersize its seats - NYPOST.com
he is looking for a 'stella award' (stella being the lady who sued mcdonalds

...just like the 1000's of other frivious lawsuits out there::

Woman claims a bad hair treatment at a salon was enough to cause her emotional distress, depression and to "shut down" so much that she was caused to retire early from her university teaching job and a side job -- and the jury buys it!

Man uses restroom stall in city building that doesn't have a door knob. When he sticks his hand through the hole, he gets hurt -- and, of course, sues. He wins almost $3 million. His occupation? City claims examiner.

Man sues fast food chain over its too-hot onion rings

Attorney cleaning his pool decides to knock palm frond from overhead electrical wires. When he's quite naturally electrocuted, his wife knows who's to blame: the electric company and the company who sold him the pool skimmer, of course

Musician sued for copyright infringement because he tongue-in-cheekily attributed a blank section of an album to another musician. "I certainly wasn't quoting his silence," he said. "I claim my silence is original silence." Perhaps in the world of lawsuits, such a claim makes some sort of logical sense.

Adult gets drunk at party, drives away and is killed in car crash. Who's to blame? Not the drunk: His girlfriend, for allegedly letting him drive. His girlfriend's mother, for buying the car for her daughter. The owner of the house the party was in, even though he wasn't there. The girl who rented the house from him. Oh, yeah: and Coors Brewing Co., who made the beer

Man says he is having heart attacks and got diabetes because he's obese. Why is he obese? Because McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and KFC failed to tell him that he shouldn't eat their fast food multiple times per week

Professional big game hunter goes on safari and shoots a lion. It didn't drop dead immediately since he was loaded for rhino and hippo, not lion, and he's mauled. Whose fault is it that the "professional" hunter has the wrong ammo? Why, the ammo manufacturer, of course! He sues.

Driver, fearing she is about to step in front of him, stops for jay-walking pedestrian. When she passes in front of his vehicle and steps into the next lane without looking, she is hit and severely injured by another car. Who's at fault? The driver who stopped, of course! Her parents' lawsuit is thrown out, but an appeals court restores the case.

Man hit by lightning in parking lot. A classic "act of God"? Heavens no! It's the fault of the amusement park that owns the lot, man says in his lawsuit -- they "could have told the people not to go to their cars," his lawyer says

Woman broken down in her car in a public place decides not to wait for the tow truck to take her on a 60-mile jaunt. Instead, she takes a ride with a stranger -- who rapes and murders her. Yeah yeah, he's caught and convicted, but surely someone needs to pay. How about the auto club?

Woman sues after a car wreck, claiming the auto manufacturer was at fault because it "failed to provide instructions regarding the safe and proper use of a seatbelt."

After an accident, transit authority discovers its driver is color-blind. Federal law requires commercial drivers to correctly see color, so he is pressured to resign. That's not the end, though: he sues, claiming "discrimination" against color-blind people -- even though he claims he is not color-blind.

Huge toy company sues huge record company -- a singer dared to sing a parody about the Barbie doll. Since "Barbie" is a registered trademark, Mattel considers the word their property, and they can stop anyone else from uttering it or disparaging it.

TV Show 60 Minutes does segment on how a certain area of Mississippi has gone lawsuit crazy . Two jurors who were never named in the broadcast take exception to the criticism and sue the show -- for $6 billion.

Man goes berzerk after his dog gets lost, spending over $20,000 on pet "psychics" and other "professionals" to find the stray he had found on the street. Meanwhile, he let his business collapse so he could spend full time on the search. And who's at fault for all of this? His pet-sitter. He sues her for $160,000.

Frat brother goes to party at frat house, gets drunk, and decides that a shallow pool of water would be a good place to do a belly flop. When he breaks his neck doing it, he sues the fraternity for $25 million. Maybe he should have known better: he was a certified lifeguard!

Woman picks doctor out of the phone book to do her liposuction. When she has complications, she says she never would have chosen that doctor had she known he wasn't Board Certified in the procedure. (She believed the phonebook over asking the doctor, or looking for a certificate on his wall?!) So she sues ...the phone company. And wins.

Woman's check for car insurance bounces, so her policy is canceled -- yet she sues them demanding they cover her damages in an accident, and wins!

Daycare owner is mowing lawn, and drives over young boy, killing him. His parents, however, don't sue the daycare operator since they have only $100,000 of insurance; instead, they sue ...the lawnmower manufacturer! And win.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
A better, and more economical solution, would be to abolish their booths completely. Standing room only.
but then others would sue, saying it discriminate against whatever.....

Old 09-12-2011, 11:07 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,493,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
but then others would sue, saying it discriminate against whatever.....
I do not like the font you have chosen, and there are way too many periods in that sentence. I am SUING YOU!

"Weird Al" Yankovic - I'll Sue Ya - YouTube

Old 09-12-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I do not like the font you have chosen, and there are way too many periods in that sentence. I am SUING YOU!
tell you what......you can have half my debt.....

Old 09-12-2011, 11:13 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,225,681 times
Overweight is not a protected class in America. It is 100% legal to discriminate based on weight.

This lawsuit is going nowhere.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:30 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,005,789 times

I wish people could sue fatties for being disgusting sweaty pigs that gross people out, cost us more money in health care, and spill over into our personal seat space that we paid for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies