Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 11:32 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,249,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodoovalley View Post
Most places have booths where the seats move, so yeah, I can see the lawsuite having traction. If you're in business, you should have to accomidate everyone. I hope he wins.
Someone in business should only have to accomodate the customers they feel their business depends on. They should be allowed to discriminate for all reasons not illegal.

So should a clothes maker be forced to offer large sizes if they don't want to? Should all cars be made to fit 300 lb people in the back seat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 01:20 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,405,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
If I go to a krystal, I don't see sliders on the menu, even though they serve practically the same thing.

I think it's a case of white castle naming them that. Kind of the way people call tissues kleenex, even though that is not what they are.
I don't see sandwiches on the menu at either place, but that's what they are. Do a google search of Krystal +Slider and you get over 3 million hits.

White Castle didn't invent the term "slider" any more than Quizno's invented the term "submarine sandwich."

Old 09-12-2011, 01:26 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,504,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I don't see sandwiches on the menu at either place, but that's what they are. Do a google search of Krystal +Slider and you get over 3 million hits.

White Castle didn't invent the term "slider" any more than Quizno's invented the term "submarine sandwich."
I have always called White Castle burgers "gut bombs," and avoided them like the plague.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:31 PM

32,832 posts, read 19,549,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I have always called White Castle burgers "gut bombs," and avoided them like the plague.
belly bombs

white castle was my first job when I was 16.....about 4 decades ago

Old 09-12-2011, 01:45 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,778,320 times
Use the drivethru instead and more comfy in own car. Thats what I do and I make that guy look like Tiny Tim. I gained my excess chub after becoming disabled 4 yrs ago.

When I do go inside I ask for a chair and don't expect anyone to cater to my problem. Just wish they would not stare. When people stare sometimes I stop and just stare back at them until they smile and put their head down. Then when I sit down I face them and stare until they leave.

Last edited by Bigg Mann; 09-12-2011 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: adding more

Old 09-12-2011, 01:52 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,960,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
I knew this was going to happen, eventually everything will cater to larger people since America as a nation is just getting bigger & bigger. I hope he wins the case and businesses will open their eyes and stop being greedy.

And reader, before you blabber on about how fat people need to lose weight remember that I know several tall guys 6'0 and up who complain about seats in cars, planes, and buses not having enough leg room for them. So don't you dare say that this is a exclusively a "fat" problem.
You make a good point. I am 6'2" (but just 220 lbs ) and regularly have legroom issues. Businesses need to understand that not everyone is 'average'.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:07 PM

105 posts, read 287,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Most fast-food joints would probably prefer the fatties to use the drive-thru or pick up their food in the back so as to not chase away other customers.
I actually think your comment has some merit. Products are almost always shown with people who are in shape and attractive. That is what sells regardless if we think it's right or wrong. I'm sure white castle and every other fast food place would love to have their locations filled with the above mentioned people. And that's the irony of it all considering if they continue to eat there on a consistent basis a few times a week, more than likely they will be overweight sooner rather later. Let's face it. Their products is unhealthy and makes you fat (most people).

Old 09-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,929,751 times
Being unable to fit in a booth at White Castle is karma's way of helping you. Basically if you have trouble fitting your fat ass into the seats at a fast food joint or between the armrests of an airplane seat, then take it as a sign that you are too fat to eat that kind of crap anymore.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:17 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,961,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
And one person's idiocy is always proof to conservatives that the world is going to hell in a handbasket.
It is a problem when one person can ruin something for everyone...individual trumps the community.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:19 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,437,336 times
Sorry buddy, Fat is not a protected class under EEOC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies