Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 11:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times

Advertisements

And if the Hope n' Change fiasco was not a lie by our current President, what is for gosh sakes. This is anything but Hope, and people are looking for change. They cannot find any.

He sure in the hell has not helped our current situation with jobs has he. I am positive anyone else who comes in could do a better job.
I feel Obama has betrayed all of our trust. People who believed in him, and praised him, are some of the people who have lost jobs, their homes, or both. Believe me i feel any Republician who would come in can and will do a better job.

I have heard Romeny and Perry and Newt talk about jobs and even Bachmann.
Stop making excuses for this current President for gosh sakes, and hopefully the next hopeful with have business experience, cause this Presdient has none.

Infact isn't next weeks Debate suppose to touch on jobs, i heard it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 11:56 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
It is clearly indefensible and I trust the American people will see that they were thrown to the lions when it mattered the most. The Republicans (conservatives, actually) are only interested in winning. The cost to the nation is irrelevant.

I found it profoundly telling that during the President's jobs speech to Congress, Obama said that the government's impasse on jobs should not cause the unemployed 14 more months of suffering (14 months until the election). In response, all the Democrats applauded. Boehner, in his seat behind the President, remained seated, hands closed, lips pursed, doing nothing. Is that goal, that intention of the President NOT something everyone in the room should have cheered?

If a politician plays politics, and if they do it as blatantly as the Republicans are doing right now, they should be recalled, or worse. They are there to do a job. Playing politics may seem like part of the our political system, but we Americans should not tolerate another second of it. Why do we? Why aren't we up in arms signing petitions and scaring the crap out of them?

Or do we deserve this government?
This so called jobs bill is nothing but more spend spend spend, where the taxpayer is left with the tab and nothing to show for it. See for yourself.
Federal Jobs Proposals
When will you figure out that redistribution of this nations wealth will never create prosperity or jobs?

“ It is less important to redistribute wealth than it is to redistribute opportunity. ”
— Arthur H. Vandenberg

Old 09-17-2011, 12:00 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And if the Hope n' Change fiasco was not a lie by our current President, what is for gosh sakes. This is anything but Hope, and people are looking for change. They cannot find any.

He sure in the hell has not helped our current situation with jobs has he. I am positive anyone else who comes in could do a better job.
I feel Obama has betrayed all of our trust. People who believed in him, and praised him, are some of the people who have lost jobs, their homes, or both. Believe me i feel any Republician who would come in can and will do a better job.

I have heard Romeny and Perry and Newt talk about jobs and even Bachmann.
Stop making excuses for this current President for gosh sakes, and hopefully the next hopeful with have business experience, cause this Presdient has none.

Infact isn't next weeks Debate suppose to touch on jobs, i heard it was.
Yeah, the GOP Neocons supported or compromised with him every step of the way for the sake of the country

24 Policies That Republicans Supported BEFORE They Were Against Them

24 Policies That Republicans Supported BEFORE They Were Against Them | Addicting Info (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/08/22/24-policies-that-republicans-supported-before-they-were-against-them/ - broken link)

Old 09-17-2011, 12:17 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
five percent do not hold half of this country's wealth.

YOU ARE CORRECT>>>>>

The TOP 5% OWN 59.4% of ALL the wealth in our nation.

(TOP 1% OWN 38.1% of ALL wealth with the next 4% owning 21.3% of ALL wealth)

The TOP 10% OWN 70.9% of ALL the wealth in our nation.

The BOTTOM 40% OWN 0.2% of ALL the wealth in our nation.

Statistics from 2009.....and I'm sure the disparity has gotten worse since then.......

Source....RON PAUL's WEBSITE!!!!!!!

US wealth distribution: 10% of US citizens own 70.9% of all US assets | Ron Paul 2012 | Sound Money, Peace and Liberty (http://www.dailypaul.com/111232/us-wealth-distribution-10-of-us-citizens-own-709-of-all-us-assets - broken link)

According to Wikipedia...the TOP 10% owns 80% of the nation's wealth. With the BOTTOM 90% owning 20% of all wealth.

Wealth inequality in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wealth And Inequality In America

Land of the Free, Home of the Poor | PBS NewsHour | Aug. 16, 2011 | PBS

Wealth Distribution

Study: America's Wealth Not Widely Distributed : NPR

Old 09-17-2011, 12:31 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The G.O.P. has publicly admitted (Boehner and McConnell) that their only interest in this Congress is making sure Obama is a one term president.......that is their only REAL concern/goal.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:40 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Trolling the bowels of the web to dig this one up eh? I guess you should read the first sentence in King's quote and explain how you come up with your title of this thread. Or maybe I'll ask rmuse.

Well, that about sums it up.

From...

“If we find a window, we can maybe do some things together. Beyond that, I will tell you that it’s going to be important just to hang on and get a new president and a new configuration in Congress.”

The writer concludes...

King’s comment reveals there is nothing Republicans will do to help create jobs.

If this were a community college term paper, the writer would get an F - for being retarded.

More liberal desperation going into 2012.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:56 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You work extremely hard to come up with these claims.

You must either be personally invested and emotionally connected to the issue or are simply filling a quota? Which is it?

Old 09-17-2011, 01:16 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
YOU ARE CORRECT>>>>>

The TOP 5% OWN 59.4% of ALL the wealth in our nation.

(TOP 1% OWN 38.1% of ALL wealth with the next 4% owning 21.3% of ALL wealth)

The TOP 10% OWN 70.9% of ALL the wealth in our nation.

The BOTTOM 40% OWN 0.2% of ALL the wealth in our nation.

Statistics from 2009.....and I'm sure the disparity has gotten worse since then.......

Source....RON PAUL's WEBSITE!!!!!!!

US wealth distribution: 10% of US citizens own 70.9% of all US assets | Ron Paul 2012 | Sound Money, Peace and Liberty (http://www.dailypaul.com/111232/us-wealth-distribution-10-of-us-citizens-own-709-of-all-us-assets - broken link)

According to Wikipedia...the TOP 10% owns 80% of the nation's wealth. With the BOTTOM 90% owning 20% of all wealth.

Wealth inequality in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wealth And Inequality In America

Land of the Free, Home of the Poor | PBS NewsHour | Aug. 16, 2011 | PBS

Wealth Distribution

Study: America's Wealth Not Widely Distributed : NPR

OK, can we finally get liberals onboard for school vouchers, or will their blind loyalty to teacher's unions force yet another generation to spend two years taking remedial courses at community colleges?

Lots of great paying positions go unfilled or are filled with guest workers from India because Americans are unqualified to hold them.

If our marginal corporate tax rates weren't some of the highest in the world, we might stand a chance at getting some of those union manufacturing jobs back. Any change we can stop trying to play this shell game with taxes? Europe taxes corporations at 15-25% while making up the difference elsewhere. This way they don't make doing business in Europe economically unfeasible. We lose revenue when our taxes are avoided and jobs when profitable operations are replaced with money losers.

As for taxing the top one percent, Democrats had all the opportunities in the world to raise taxes on fat cats, but they didn't.

In fact, after losing badly in the midterms, Obama cut a deal with the lame duck Democratically controlled Congress to extend these tax cuts for billionaires.

The first thing liberals need to do is get their own house in order.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:14 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
The G.O.P. has publicly admitted (Boehner and McConnell) that their only interest in this Congress is making sure Obama is a one term president.......that is their only REAL concern/goal.
Mine Too!

Old 09-17-2011, 03:30 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,136 times
If you continue to believe the lip service provided by the Obama administration, then we are in trouble.

Eric Cantor shows just some of the bills submitted and passed by the House of Representatives and in the following you'll see a remarkable number of .. Senate has taken no action to date!

Go back to your basements and try harder lefties!

Quote:
JUNE 21, 2011 (Eric Cantor, House Majority Leader) - Today, Senator Reid attempted to shift attention away from his failure to get anything done in the Senate. While Republicans have been focused on jobs and getting our fiscal house in order since day one, leader Reid has failed to take up almost all of the House GOP job creation measures, failed to present a budget, and failed to put forward a pro-growth plan to get Americans back to work. Leader Reid, what are you waiting for?
Below is a list of measures House Republicans have passed related to job creation:

Empower small business owners and reduce regulatory burdens:

H.R. 872, the Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act

• Introduced by Rep. Bob Gibbs (OH) on March 2, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 292-130 on March 31, 2011

• Senate has taken no action to date

H.R. 910, the Energy Tax Prevention Act

• Introduced by Rep. Fred Upton (MI) on March 3, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 255-172 on April 7, 2011

H.R. 37, a Resolution of disapproval regarding the FCC's regulation of the Internet and broadband industry practices

• Introduced by Rep. Greg Walden (OR) on February 16, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 240 to 179 on April 8, 2011

H.R. 72, a Resolution to direct committees to inventory and review existing, pending, and proposed regulations and order from agencies of the federal government, particularly with respect to their effect on jobs and economic growth

• Introduced by Rep. Pete Sessions (TX) on February 8, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 391 to 28 on February 11, 2011

• The Senate has not directed their committees to take such action

Fix the tax code to help job creators:

H.R. 4, the Small Business Paperwork Mandate Elimination Act

• Introduced by Rep. Dan Lungren (CA) on January 12, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 314 to 112 on March 3, 2011

• Passed the Senate by a vote of 87 to 12 on March 31, 2011

• Signed into law by the President on April 14, 2011

Maximize domestic energy production to ensure an energy policy for the twenty-first century:

H.R. 1230, Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act

• Introduced by Rep. Doc Hastings (WA) on March 29, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 266-149 on May 5, 2011

H.R. 1229, Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act

• Passed the House by a vote of 263-163 on May 11, 2011

H.R. 1231, Reversing President Obama's Offshore Moratorium Act

• Passed the House by a vote of 243-179 on May 12, 2011

Pay down America's unsustainable debt burden and start living within our means:

H.Con.Res. 34, a Resolution establishing the budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2012 and setting forth appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2013 through 2021

• Introduced by Rep. Paul Ryan (WI) on April 11, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 235-193 on April 15, 2011

• Senate has not yet considered a budget of their own
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies