Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 12:10 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Fascinating. I didn't see that anywhere in my post................I do believe that the birthers and those who use racial coding and imagery are indeed racist. Anyone you know?
No one I know. Those (despite what the media and its progressive clients say) are few and far between.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 02:42 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Calvinist
I read stuff like this and it makes me shake my head. As I was getting ready for work this morning, the news station on tv had a little 5 minute blurb about Hollywood's opinion of Obama. They interviewed several celebrities at the Emmys? last night or whenever it was the last few days. Each one they showed said something to the effect of "he's a good guy"....or "he's a nice guy...he's trying".

Really? You guys call us stupid but you are willing to listen to a bunch of famous idiots telling us he's a nice guy so we should vote for him?
1. I don't pay heed to celebrities. They may be liberal, but I don't take them seriously.
2. I never said that people should vote for Obama because he's a "nice guy". Actually, that's one of my issues with him.

I still stand by my OP. The GOP does not attract intellectual candidates because many in their leadership look down on them. And almost any one conservative who does posess a thinking mind is either ignored or called a RINO by the base.

Huntsman is ignored, Romney is in the fight of his life for the nomination. They are the two most intelligent, most sensible men in the field. That's very telling to me.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:52 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
1. I don't pay heed to celebrities. They may be liberal, but I don't take them seriously.
2. I never said that people should vote for Obama because he's a "nice guy". Actually, that's one of my issues with him.

I still stand by my OP. The GOP does not attract intellectual candidates because many in their leadership look down on them. And almost any one conservative who does posess a thinking mind is either ignored or called a RINO by the base.

Huntsman is ignored, Romney is in the fight of his life for the nomination. They are the two most intelligent, most sensible men in the field. That's very telling to me.

i think hunstman would be taken a lot more seriously if he wasn't so pro illegal immigration. if you are going to have a serious discussion about the economic problems, you have to be able to identify them.

i think romney might get the republican nomination if ron paul does not.

also, ms. dowd always tends to get into the name calling, which tells me that she has a hard time actually articulating her positions, or perhaps that is what the NYT actually wants her to do to work up the dwindling "fan base".

Old 09-20-2011, 07:46 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
How about the complete assinine remark that GOP Rep John fleming made in the Huffington Post

This clown has the audacity to say that he cannot afford the Obama tax cuts, eventhough he is a multimillionaire, unfreakin believable! There are people in his state (L.a) that still do not have a place to go to from Katrina, and this buttwipe does not want to pay a bigger share of taxes!

Sadly the same people who make less than 20,000.00 a year who pay MORE than him will vote for him to cut social services and preserve tax cuts for the wealthy. And you wonder why some republican voters are considered less educated

Old 09-20-2011, 02:59 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,633,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Inability to lead is NOT dumb, nor stupid. It is accurately described best as simply an inability to lead, and we should be questioning why Texas schools are so inferior as its residents cannot dsitinquish b/w the two.
Your inability to comprehend is the issue here.

Inability to lead alone is not stupid. Continuing to attempt to lead by using the same failed ideas and lies is stupid.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:12 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
How about the complete assinine remark that GOP Rep John fleming made in the Huffington Post
This clown has the audacity to say that he cannot afford the Obama tax cuts, eventhough he is a multimillionaire, unfreakin believable! There are people in his state (L.a) that still do not have a place to go to from Katrina, and this buttwipe does not want to pay a bigger share of taxes!

Sadly the same people who make less than 20,000.00 a year who pay MORE than him will vote for him to cut social services and preserve tax cuts for the wealthy. And you wonder why some republican voters are considered less educated
You can always count on GOP voters to vote consistently against their own interests. All the party "brains" have to do is get on TV and radio and yell "Black People!" "Crime!" "Welfare!" "They Don't Pay Taxes!" "Guns!" and the sheep do whatever they want them to do.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:21 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
No, it's stupidity I don't handle well, as well as people who scream FASCISTS without knowing what the word even means.
You're right, more like a bunch of spread the wealth, class warfare Marxists.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:24 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
You can always count on GOP voters to vote consistently against their own interests. All the party "brains" have to do is get on TV and radio and yell "Black People!" "Crime!" "Welfare!" "They Don't Pay Taxes!" "Guns!" and the sheep do whatever they want them to do.
I'm sure there are black people on welfare, committing crimes with guns, that pay no taxes, but what the hell has that got to do with wasting $535 million on a solar panel company, over $14 trillion in debt and the worst economy since the great depression?

Old 09-20-2011, 03:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post

Guess which party this guy is voting for in 2012.
LMAO.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:35 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies