Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 02:55 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I was just reading Maureen Dowd's latest column, and I think she hit the nail square on the head when it comes to the anti-intellectualism of modern conservatism--something that worries me more than other GOP problems.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/18/op...ef=maureendowd

Read on, and enjoy.

Mackinac
Excellent post and spot on. Republicans have been a cancer on this society. Intellectualism is not their way, bigotry, regressive policies, and Neanderthal obstructionism, are what they specialize in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 03:08 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Excellent post and spot on. Republicans have been a cancer on this society. Intellectualism is not their way, bigotry, regressive policies, and Neanderthal obstructionism, are what they specialize in.
Amen.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:14 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Sounds like a left-wing revival meeting. Whatever happened to separation of church and state?

I guess this is what happens when the stock market drops another 284 points and the Democrats seem willing to accept ten percent unemployment as the status quo.

Speaking of stupid parties....

Old 09-22-2011, 09:29 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Sounds like a left-wing revival meeting. Whatever happened to separation of church and state?

Does'nt the republican party cater more to the religous right?

I guess this is what happens when the stock market drops another 284 points and the Democrats seem willing to accept ten percent unemployment as the status quo.

Speaking of stupid parties....

As long as the goal of the tea baggers is to remove the current President instead of working FOR the people nothing will ever get done

Old 09-22-2011, 09:32 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
The Left has nothing but personal attacks. They are such a nasty assed bunch.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:53 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The Left has nothing but personal attacks. They are such a nasty assed bunch.
Especially when they accuse the Right of having no sense of irony.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:03 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
“No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.” -- H. L. Mencken (obviously one of those "educated elites"...)

Old 09-22-2011, 01:01 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
I and a lot of my friends and acquaintainces, don't think or feel those of you who gave Obama to us on a silver platter, are not smart people either. Does not matter what anyone thinks, what is happening right now, with our economy, and hour housing situation, and our high employment, and businessess afriad to expand, or to hire, go's right back to the source itself our commander in chief Obama, thanks a lot people. Business sense would not hurt any, know what i mean.

For the most part, most sane people right now, can find fault with both parties, because either one of them seem to care about our needs truly, it is more about school age play, and who is going to win the game, to me keep on going the way they are, and none of us win. They both are acting stupid, ingorant, and without feeling for those of us just trying to make a living.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:10 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i think hunstman would be taken a lot more seriously if he wasn't so pro illegal immigration. if you are going to have a serious discussion about the economic problems, you have to be able to identify them.

i think romney might get the republican nomination if ron paul does not.

also, ms. dowd always tends to get into the name calling, which tells me that she has a hard time actually articulating her positions, or perhaps that is what the NYT actually wants her to do to work up the dwindling "fan base".

Uh, I love Dr. Paul..................but, he is not going to get the nod. Moose Mama.....too late for her. Bachmann.........too weird....comes across as stranger than Colonel Kurtz. The rest, (excluding Romney) are not going to beat the beautiful, perfumed one with the perfect hair.

Last edited by tickyul; 09-30-2011 at 10:20 PM..

Old 09-30-2011, 09:27 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
As long as the goal of the tea baggers is to remove the current President instead of working FOR the people nothing will ever get done
The only thing being done by liberals is the expansion of government at the expense of private business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies