Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 10:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
ur tone is very disheartening...
Why? Justice was finally done.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:04 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
But there have been people wrongly convicted. What about them?
Oh well!

They shouldn't have been unlucky enough to be found guilty, right? The important thing is to feed the machine with deaths of "the guilty" and not worry about such inconsequentials as the innocents who cannot defend themselves.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:08 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
But there have been people wrongly convicted. What about them?
Not in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes. Let's not deliberate and be sure the person we are about to KILL, the person we are about to OBLITERATE is actually guilty...

Let's just feed into our anger, fear and self righteousness and kill the guy that looks guilty.

Good idea!
They were sure. Numerous courts have looked at the case and find the man is deserving of death for killing a cop.

Those that recanted were his friends. It was not just 7 of 9 - there were 23 witnesses to the murder, who watched this guy shoot the cop, and then stand over him with a smile on his face and shoot him again.

Quote:
The important thing is to feed the machine with deaths of "the guilty" and not worry about such inconsequentials as the innocents who cannot defend themselves.
Oh, I'm quite sure you're not talking about the VICTIMS of these murderers, are you?

Old 09-21-2011, 10:09 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,887,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes. Let's not deliberate and be sure the person we are about to KILL, the person we are about to OBLITERATE is actually guilty...

Let's just feed into our anger, fear and self righteousness and kill the guy that looks guilty.

Good idea!
We don't need to deliberate for 20 or more years. He had a trial, he had a chance at appeal, and everyone who reviewed his case came to the same conclusion: GUILTY. It is also not true that there was no evidence linking him to the murder. Aside from eyewitnesses, there were shell casings from the gun used to murder the officer which matched shell casings from a prior shooting for which Troy was convicted. Oh, wait, is it possible he could have been lily white innocent both times? And those shell casings were from some other thug's gun? Don't be so gullible.

And you're damn right I have fear and anger, as any NORMAL person would have - murderers, rapists, sadists, torturers, pedophiles and gangsters should be feared and should arouse anger in MORAL PEOPLE.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:10 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,920,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Why? Justice was finally done.
that's not justice in a modern society I'm afraid...
with holes in evidence and witness testimonies there just is never a reasonable doubt for the state to take someone's life.. there just isn't...
a reasonable doubt is not 100 percent.. and death is 100 percent final..

I'm sad that anyone can sit and be ok with this in their mind.. it's terrible..
however you want to justify it.. you can never make it right.. it will always be wrong.. and you are wrong for supporting it!

Old 09-21-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:

Oh, I'm quite sure you're not talking about the VICTIMS of these murderers, are you?
Liberals have a fundamental inability to correctly identify the victim in any given criminal case.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Not in this case.

They were sure. Numerous courts have looked at the case and find the man is deserving of death for killing a cop.

Those that recanted were his friends. It was not just 7 of 9 - there were 23 witnesses to the murder, who watched this guy shoot the cop, and then stand over him with a smile on his face and shoot him again.

Right. And the many innocent are SURE to be guilty too even though they've appealed and appealed and appealed yet still sit in jail.

I'm talking about the victims of the DEATH PENALTY. If you'd rather discuss victims' rights, feel free to start a new thread.

THIS thread is about Troy Davis and the death penalty.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
We don't need to deliberate for 20 or more years. He had a trial, he had a chance at appeal, and everyone who reviewed his case came to the same conclusion: GUILTY. It is also not true that there was no evidence linking him to the murder. Aside from eyewitnesses, there were shell casings from the gun used to murder the officer which matched shell casings from a prior shooting for which Troy was convicted. Oh, wait, is it possible he could have been lily white innocent both times? And those shell casings were from some other thug's gun? Don't be so gullible.

And you're damn right I have fear and anger, as any NORMAL person would have - murderers, rapists, sadists, torturers, pedophiles and gangsters should be feared and should arouse anger in MORAL PEOPLE.
Right.

Let's don our moral high hats and say how normal and ok we all are. Someone get the guitar and strike the beginning note of kumbaya.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to actually support the moral high ground of not supporting an action that is illegal - MURDER.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
that's not justice in a modern society I'm afraid...
with holes in evidence and witness testimonies there just is never a reasonable doubt for the state to take someone's life.. there just isn't...
a reasonable doubt is not 100 percent.. and death is 100 percent final..

I'm sad that anyone can sit and be ok with this in their mind.. it's terrible..
however you want to justify it.. you can never make it right.. it will always be wrong.. and you are wrong for supporting it!
There is no better evidence than the testimonies of MULTIPLE EYEWITNESSES. The ones who recanted are those who are from his community and have probably received death threats from his thugster pals.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
ur tone is very disheartening...
we're talking about someone's life..
circumstances could play out to put you or someone you love in the same position..
our justice system is not perfect.. and in most instances wrongs can be made right... but in this.. there's no going back..there's no whoops I'm sorry we made a mistake...
it's wrong on so many levels I'm sorry
This man shot a cop and then walked up to him and shot him again, while he was lying on the ground. This was done in a parking lot of a Burger King with many witnesses watching. Did he give the cop a chance to say death or not? Hell no, and now you want the state to feed him the remainder of his life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies