Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 06:46 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times

Advertisements

Texas has lots of "contractors".
Any government work requires citizenship. Stimulus money requires periodic auditing for proof, anytime they want. I will believe the legal immigrants. There is a bunch of h1b stuff around here.
One of the Charter schools, Harmony Academy has many teachers through H1b1 visas. They are putting in Charter schools in every town that has a college. Lost count of the number of schools they have in Houston.
The subdivision next to mine has tons of folks from Pakistan and India.
Shipley's donuts paid a humongous fine last year due to donut makers, as did some pallet maker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 08:33 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
You love Perry but you dont like the evidence in the study. .

So, where is that evidence ????

Old 09-22-2011, 08:36 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,918,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That's a "large corporation"?????

I know for a fact that most large corporations require proof of citizenship and also do a background check on all new hires. Check out IBM, EDS, Dell, Microsoft, CSC, etc.

If you do ANY business with the Federal Government you have to prove citizenship.
Try Sonny Purdue and Foster Farms or pretty much any slaughter house in the south or midwest.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:41 PM

880 posts, read 1,799,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Large coroporations do not hire illegals. Get real; your small restaurtants maybe, your gardener or your roofer, but I have worked for a couple large corporations as have family members, you are totally off base on this one. You don't have to like him but make sure of what you are saying before you rattle on and on.

NIta
Plenty of illegals work for corporations, pretty much any fast food chain has them working there. Of course they might not no they're illegal because they are using fake id and someone else's social security number.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:52 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Large coroporations do not hire illegals. Get real; your small restaurtants maybe, your gardener or your roofer, but I have worked for a couple large corporations as have family members, you are totally off base on this one. You don't have to like him but make sure of what you are saying before you rattle on and on.

NIta
Oh, snap.

Hundreds Arrested In Immigration Raids - CBS News

Federal agents arrested hundreds of people in raids at Pilgrim's Pride chicken plants in five states, the latest crackdown on illegal immigrant labor at the nation's poultry producers.

In separate sweeps Wednesday, authorities also arrested dozens of workers at a doughnut factory in Houston and the operators of a chain of Mexican restaurants in upstate New York.

The arrests at Pittsburg, Texas-based Pilgrim's Pride Corp., the nation's largest chicken producer, included charges of identity theft, document fraud and immigration violations.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:56 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
How in the world is this a matter of "either/or"?
1- Mostly low wage jobs are being created in Texas
2- The jobs being created in Texas are mostly going to immigrants (doesn't mean illegal, BTW).

If it were a matter of opposing choices, which DO you prefer? You must one of them.
Wasn't most of Texas's job growth government jobs anyway? I believe that's what Ron Paul pointed out, and several websites.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:05 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
This does not surprise me. I expected it, not just Texas either. However, this should sink Perry as far as I'm concerned.

Study: Most new Texas jobs went to immigrants | Campaign 2012 (http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/study-most-new-texas-jobs-went-immigrants - broken link)
For the past two years, most US jobs went to China, so what is your point? i'm guessing that most of those TX immigrants at least live n the US.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:11 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
This does not surprise me. I expected it, not just Texas either. However, this should sink Perry as far as I'm concerned.

Study: Most new Texas jobs went to immigrants | Campaign 2012 (http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/study-most-new-texas-jobs-went-immigrants - broken link)
More proof that you need to lower your minimum wage.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:39 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
That's a "large corporation"?????

I know for a fact that most large corporations require proof of citizenship and also do a background check on all new hires. Check out IBM, EDS, Dell, Microsoft, CSC, etc.

If you do ANY business with the Federal Government you have to prove citizenship.
Yeah that was supposed to be company and not country. The point is that it is a large company. I don't know if they do business with the federal govt. are not. It is a pallet company.

So what you are saying is left alone without any type of federal intervention, companies will hire illegal immigrants. I agree. Are you sure that you are a Republican, because I thought they were against govt. intervention with companies. I mean regulations are the problem with our economy right.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:03 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
So, you were planning to vote for Perry until this "study" came out? LOL.
Here is where I'm frustrated. I see no viable candidate. At 54 years of age I've been around long enough to know that they all are on the take except perhaps R. Paul. All of these candidates are no better or worse than the other side of the isle. They are taking orders, not from the people, which is quite obvious, but by something else altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies