Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 07:33 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Okay.

Have you actually watched MSNBC?
Of course, just like all the major news networks.

Quote:
It is much more biased from a liberal standpoint than FOX is a from a conservative point. It's views are so far from reality that it is comical.
Not at all. Actually watch MSNBC for a day, tivo their shows if need be and give an honest look. MSNBC starts off the day with a three hour republican show. The rest of the day is just basic current events and doesn't show any kind of lean until the prime time talking head shows come on.

Quote:
Can you really honestly say that you feel MSNBC is less biased than FOX?
Absolutely. Fox is a 24/7 propaganda network with every single show pressing a hard right view with no bias. They present distorted facts as truth and people think the talking head shows are factual, not like other networks where people understand they are simply entertainment. MSNBC also uses legitimate people from the other side in discussions, such as former RNC chair Michael Steele, stanch old school republican Pat Buchanan, and the former Bachmann campaign manager just to name a few as regular participants. Fox on the other hand will have on no-name people and use their propaganda spin if you notice they never say "this is democratic contributor so and so" they will say "this is liberal contributor,.."
Fox has also been awarded the lie of the year award two years running from politifact. Fox is hands down the most incredibly biased cable news source hands down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 09:56 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Sad that the numbers for all three are so low. What is the other 99% of America watching instead of news? Reality TV crap. No wonder we have the leaders we do and why we keep electing people that ignore or will. People that don't bother to take the time to get informed should be strongly encouraged not to vote. Maybe if we had an all day Jersey Shore event on election day we could keep some of these morons home.
Thank you for saying this. When I first saw this topic, I figured it would be the usual MSNBC-bashing from the usual Fox News lovers, gloating about how superior their favorite news network is. But you've spoken the truth: Relatively speaking, almost nobody in America is watching MSNBC, CNN, or Fox News regularly.

Putting it in perspective:

Approximately 1 million Americans (0.3%) watch Fox News, CNN, or MSNBC.

Approximately 11 million Americans (3.5%) are openly homosexual, bisexual, or transgendered.

So, if you watch cable news, there are nearly 12 times as many homo/bi/trans people as there are of you.

Now there's a unique way of looking at it!

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 09-27-2011 at 10:05 PM..

Old 09-28-2011, 01:59 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
I have noticed that MSNBC has really gone downhill in production quality lately, even for them. Its like they don't even care anymore. Those awful commentary spots from Odonnell, Maddow and Matthews are just so bizarre. And Ed Schultz has got to turn people away from his non stop hate merchanting. Maddow is always talking to her audience like they're middle schoolers( and like she's in high school) and Odonnell has his target audience of only the most left wing of radicals. And Matthews just smirks and treats his job like its one big joke and he doesn't care if anybody watches or not. No wonder their ratings are plummeting. Not to mention that tye're covering of the news itself is becoming so unprofessional and poorly done. They must be having financial troubles, you can see they've increased their commerical spots. Not enough ad revenue.
And they keep running those inside prison shows so that tells you who their core audience is.
Their resident quasimodo sell out "conservative" Michael Smerconish( who follows in Ed Schultz's cloven hoofsteps) was even complaining that MSNBC stiffed him on his dinner bills when he stayed NYC as a guest host, LOL.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:36 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I only watch Ed Schultz, nobody can rip a new one for the aholes Beck, Lim-blah-blah-blah,
Hannity and O'Reilly like Ed can!
I like Ed, I also like Dylan Ratigan and sometimes I can watch Hardball but a lot of the times Chris Matthews annoys me. I mostly watch MSNBC if I'm watching the news, sometimes I watch CNN. Occasionally I grow a wild hair and watch Fox.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:11 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,000,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
You do realize that Beck is hasn't been on TV for a while now right?

With people like you it's no wonder MSNBC is going down the tubes...
The same can be said of BUSH but after 3 years they still try to make him news worthy Michelle Says No Barrack Criticism

Old 09-28-2011, 05:28 AM

167 posts, read 311,021 times
I use to like Ed at 6:00. Don't watch him late at night. Want to relax and not think about how bad things are. Rachel Maddow and Dylan Ratigan once in a while. Don't like Al Sharpton or Chris Matthews.

Use to watch Morning Joe not any more. What does Mikka actually do but make faces? She really does have a voice but only when Joe isn't there. Stop paying her and save some money. At best she makes a good sub. Joe just goes on and on thinking the more he talks his propaganda the more people will believe what he says.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:32 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla151 View Post
I use to like Ed at 6:00. Don't watch him late at night. Want to relax and not think about how bad things are. Rachel Maddow and Dylan Ratigan once in a while. Don't like Al Sharpton or Chris Matthews.

Use to watch Morning Joe not any more. What does Mikka actually do but make faces? She really does have a voice but only when Joe isn't there. Stop paying her and save some money. At best she makes a good sub. Joe just goes on and on thinking the more he talks his propaganda the more people will believe what he says.
Nokia is the super liberal half of the coin. Joe usually wins the argument.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:27 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Of course, just like all the major news networks.

Not at all. Actually watch MSNBC for a day, tivo their shows if need be and give an honest look. MSNBC starts off the day with a three hour republican show. The rest of the day is just basic current events and doesn't show any kind of lean until the prime time talking head shows come on.

Absolutely. Fox is a 24/7 propaganda network with every single show pressing a hard right view with no bias. They present distorted facts as truth and people think the talking head shows are factual, not like other networks where people understand they are simply entertainment. MSNBC also uses legitimate people from the other side in discussions, such as former RNC chair Michael Steele, stanch old school republican Pat Buchanan, and the former Bachmann campaign manager just to name a few as regular participants. Fox on the other hand will have on no-name people and use their propaganda spin if you notice they never say "this is democratic contributor so and so" they will say "this is liberal contributor,.."
Fox has also been awarded the lie of the year award two years running from politifact. Fox is hands down the most incredibly biased cable news source hands down.

Wow

Old 09-28-2011, 08:05 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla151 View Post

I watch Morning Joe but lately I've been switching to CNBC. Joe is very annoying. He speaks too much and over the guests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies