Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 11:45 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Giving doctors 30 million more patients is not in their interests? I thought the whole point of being a doctor was to make people well.
Apparently you didn't visit the links. More patients means less physician time with patients. Government control of physician reimbursement, an increase in patients, fewer doctors, and less patient time doesn't equal better care.

Read the links.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 11:49 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
If you read the links you will find that the vast majority of physicians oppose obamacare,....WITH the reasons behind the opposition: "not going far enough" is not among them.
Based on your comprehension, not mine. And to top it off, doctors within my family as well.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
If you are not a doctor it is really not your concern.
Oh really???

An individual shouldn't be concerned that there is a diminishing quality of care that he receives?

An individual shouldn't be concerned about the FACT that it is becoming more difficult for seniors to be accepted by physicians because they are Medicare patients?

Since obamacare is modeled after Medicare, shouldn't EVERYONE be concerbed that the length of time it takes to see a primary care physicians will increase significantlly?

You didn't bother to read the links. Why comment?

Old 09-27-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Based on your comprehension, not mine. And to top it off, doctors within my family as well.
There are doctors in my family as well,...but the links provide the details that you apparently ignore.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
There are doctors in my family as well,...but the links provide the details that you apparently ignore.
Over last 2-3 years, I've read plenty of articles, surveys and such links, authored by doctors, promoted by non-partisan groups and "sponsored" by interest groups to know better than to rely on couple of links you posted.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Over last 2-3 years, I've read plenty of articles, surveys and such links, authored by doctors, promoted by non-partisan groups and "sponsored" by interest groups to know better than to rely on couple of links you posted.
Yep,...Forbes is an "unreliable" source.

Feel free to disprove the content of the links posted.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:10 PM

Physicians are not different than any other groups who have organized. Here's a list from Wikipedia:

Air Line Pilots Association
Amalgamated Transit Union
American Federation of Government Employees
American Federation of Musicians
American Federation of School Administrators
American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees
American Federation of Teachers
American Federation of Television and Radio Artists
American Postal Workers Union
American Train Dispatchers Department
Associated Actors and Artistes of AmericaBakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers' International Union
Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen
California Nurses Association/ National Nurses Organizing Committee
California School Employees Association
Communications Workers of America
Farm Labor Organizing Committee
Federation of Professional Athletes/National Football League Players Association
Glass, Molders, Pottery, Plastics and Allied Workers International Union
International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees
International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers
International Association of Fire Fighters
International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Asbestos Workers
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers
International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Iron Ship Builders, Blacksmiths, Forgers and Helpers
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
International Federation of Professional and Technical Engineers
International Guards Union of America
International Longshore and Warehouse Union
International Longshoremen's Association
International Plate Printers, Die Stampers and Engravers Union of North America
International Union of Allied Novelty and Production Workers
International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers
International Union of Elevator Constructors
International Union of Operating Engineers
International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
International Union of Police Associations
Laborers' International Union of North America
Marine Engineers Beneficial Association
National Football League Players Association
National Air Traffic Controllers Association
National Association of Letter Carriers
Office and Professional Employees International Union
Operative Plasterers' and Cement Masons' International Association
Seafarers International Union of North America
Sheet Metal Workers International Association
Transport Workers Union of America
UNITE HERE
United American Nurses
United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing, Pipefitting and Sprinkler Fitting Industry of the United States and Canada
United Automobile, Aerospace & Agricultural Implement Workers of America International Union
United Mine Workers of America
United Independent Technology Technicians of America
United Steel, Paper and Forestry, Rubber, Manufacturing, Energy, Allied Industrial and Service Workers International Union
United Transportation Union
United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers
Utility Workers Union of America
Writers Guild of America, East
[edit] CTW

(The Change to Win Federation)[edit] Independent

Old 09-27-2011, 12:12 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Where is the outrage from you liberals who blindly support labor unions, and teacher unions?

Read the links,...they address your "overpaid" contentions.
Who is trying to obstruct doctors from forming a union? I thought Republicans were against forming unions.

I don't need to read the links to know how much doctors get paid. I have many family members who are doctors.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Who is trying to obstruct doctors from forming a union? I thought Republicans were against forming unions.

I don't need to read the links to know how much doctors get paid. I have many family members who are doctors.
Well,....one may suppose your personal observations carres more weight than those in the profession. Pardon us for posting learned links for those who don't have "family members who are doctors". We should have asked for your opinion before we posted.

Actually,....there are more issues than "money" and class warfare involved. There is quality of care, accessibility, and a medical bureaucracy administered by the government under obamacare.

But,....if the argument is only about money, then there is no reason for you to reply. We all know all doctors are rich, greedy, little trolls. Right?

Old 09-27-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Yep,...Forbes is an "unreliable" source.

Feel free to disprove the content of the links posted.
What isn't? Let me ask you, have you read any non-partisan article that you disagreed with? I would like to know which one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies