Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 12:50 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What isn't? Let me ask you, have you read any non-partisan article that you disagreed with? I would like to know which one.
This thread is about obamacare, physicians, and the potential for a physicians' union. It's not about me or you.

The links posted are in the public domain. Refute them if you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 12:52 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
But,....if the argument is only about money, then there is no reason for you to reply. We all know all doctors are rich, greedy, little trolls. Right?
No, my parents are not like that at all, but I know many just like with any other profession that are.

Again, I don't think they need a Union, but if they want to form one...go a head. Who is stopping them?

Old 09-27-2011, 01:01 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,624,513 times
Quote:
Why deny doctors a union?
i never said doctors should be denied anything.

Quote:
Working conditions have deteriorated, and patient care is suffering. Who speaks for the doctors? Certainly not the government.

Read the second link.
i read the second link. i don't see anything in it that suggests doctors need a union. it sounds to me like the AMA needs reform or replacement with another professional organization.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:23 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Giving doctors 30 million more patients is not in their interests? I thought the whole point of being a doctor was to make people well.

Sure........... without going broke. All physicians have overhead to pay. Obamacare increases the medicaid roles. Physicians lose money on nearly every medicaid patient they see. When one adds 30 million patients which just increase overhead costs, there is little time for celebration. This comes at a time in which the feds are considering cutting medicare reimbursement further, which already pays far less than regular commercial insurance.

Medicine is about helping people. However, going broke in the process helps no one. We already lose enough seeing medicare patients (I don't mind, as most of the old folks are pleasant) and will not take any new medicaid patients or Obamacare patients when and if that becomes a reality.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:24 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
This thread is about obamacare, physicians, and the potential for a physicians' union. It's not about me or you.

The links posted are in the public domain. Refute them if you can.
Discussed earlier. Do I need to re-post?

Old 09-27-2011, 01:26 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Sure........... without going broke. All physicians have overhead to pay. Obamacare increases the medicaid roles. Physicians lose money on nearly every medicaid patient they see...
What percentage of these Medicaid patients would also be in Medicare? Next, how do you propose the plan to fund Medicare and Medicaid? You do realize that only a fraction of the Medicare/Medicaid costs are paid for via taxes, right?

Old 09-27-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Sure........... without going broke. All physicians have overhead to pay. Obamacare increases the medicaid roles. Physicians lose money on nearly every medicaid patient they see. When one adds 30 million patients which just increase overhead costs, there is little time for celebration. This comes at a time in which the feds are considering cutting medicare reimbursement further, which already pays far less than regular commercial insurance.

Medicine is about helping people. However, going broke in the process helps no one. We already lose enough seeing medicare patients (I don't mind, as most of the old folks are pleasant) and will not take any new medicaid patients or Obamacare patients when and if that becomes a reality.
I can't believe that people do not understand what is happening now and will happen when obamacare is implemented. Healthcare providers are not like the federal government, i.e.,...when they consistently operate at a loss, then clientele has to be reviewed regarding profitability.

Liberals seem to think that they should be provided FREE healthcare. Enslaving the provider never crosses their mind.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:30 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,935,344 times
I've got no problem with it. Everyone has right to unionize, so if physicians want to, they should.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:44 PM

It is amusing that the Obama administration made such a fuss over the AMA visit to the White House and the photo op, when in actuality the AMA doesn't EVEN represent the opinion of the VAST MAJORITY of physicians that the AMA claims to represent. The AMA is losing significant numbers of membership due to it support of obamacare.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:59 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What percentage of these Medicaid patients would also be in Medicare? Next, how do you propose the plan to fund Medicare and Medicaid? You do realize that only a fraction of the Medicare/Medicaid costs are paid for via taxes, right?
There is a difference between the origins of funding between Medicare and Medicaid.

Medicare withholds a percentage from every employee's pay check. If the Feds had not robbed this fund over the years and properly invested same it would not be in trouble.

Medicaid is basically the medical side of welfare and is funded by the tax payer via income tax to the general fund or fund designated within that state and added to by the Fed. Government in many cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies