Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2011, 03:37 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times

Advertisements

If you don't want a transmission line from somebody's windmill farm drug across your land guess what?? Tough sheet. It hurts your property value? Tough sheet. All for our "green" dream. I doubt they'll care much if any frogs or newts or whatever cause these enviro kooks take on get in the way.

States rights? Na they don't have em anymore with Obama in charge.

"At the of Washington's proposal is a desire to guide and speed up a process that can be slowed by local bureaucratic hurdles. The need for more transmission lines is apparent -- in the vast states where wind and other forms of renewable energy are produced, the energy is often hundreds of miles from where it would be consumed. "

Fed Plan To Consolidate Power Over Nation's Power Highway Has States Nervous | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 06:18 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Sort of like the transcontinental railroads. But that was back in the good ole days.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:23 PM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
So much for property rights, but then again they left the station years ago as was mentioned.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
I guess they'll have a fight on their hands when they get to Texas.
We passed an Amendment some years ago in response to land being taken for the NAFTA highway.

This article is before the vote..it passed with over 80% voting FOR it.
Texans appove Proposition 11 » Local News » The Palestine Herald, Palestine, Texas
Proposition 11 is a Texas constitutional amendment that prohibits the taking, damaging or destroying of private property for public use. It also bars the taking of private property for certain economic development purposes and limits the legislature’s authority to grant the power of eminent domain to certain entities.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:16 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,360,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I guess they'll have a fight on their hands when they get to Texas.
We passed an Amendment some years ago in response to land being taken for the NAFTA highway.

All that will ensure is a battle to the USSC but it should slow down the Feds somewhat.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
All that will ensure is a battle to the USSC but it should slow down the Feds somewhat.
That and we are disconnected from the rest of the country as far as the grid.

"Remember the Alamo" !!!!
We'll hold them off as long as we can.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
That and we are disconnected from the rest of the country as far as the grid.

"Remember the Alamo" !!!!
We'll hold them off as long as we can.
These new wild turbine farms out here on the Texas Plains are supposed to ship energy back east. The fact that thousands of the turbines are already cranking out energy will add a lot of strength to the Administration's power grab.

My farm is in the footprint of a planned 130 turbine unit right now. They should start building the units really soon if they stick to their original plans.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
These new wild turbine farms out here on the Texas Plains are supposed to ship energy back east. The fact that thousands of the turbines are already cranking out energy will add a lot of strength to the Administration's power grab.

My farm is in the footprint of a planned 130 turbine unit right now. They should start building the units really soon if they stick to their original plans.
Is that part of the T Boone Pickens plan ?
If so then I'm all for that one.

I just don't want the FedGov coming in and deciding. They have never made a good decision or a right decision regarding economics since Washington was elected President. Heck they can't even defend the borders and they are busy actively invading countries. You want that government in Texas ? They's probably export that energy to China if the deal was right.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Is that part of the T Boone Pickens plan ?
If so then I'm all for that one.

I just don't want the FedGov coming in and deciding. They have never made a good decision or a right decision regarding economics since Washington was elected President. Heck they can't even defend the borders and they are busy actively invading countries. You want that government in Texas ? They's probably export that energy to China if the deal was right.
They do seem to involve global interests. I don't know how these things are financed but I think in various ways. I recall seeing one a couple of years ago (I think near Tucumcari, NM) that had a Mitsubishi sign on its gate. The one here is managed (owned?) by a company called Tri-Global. I don't know if T. Boone is involved in these or not.

I haven't decided if I'm against or for these things being so close. I did not lease to them although they asked me to. Somehow I could see a 40-ton winch truck going across my place after a rainstorm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies