Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
Yes 157 51.48%
No 148 48.52%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 05:56 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times

Advertisements

I am way past the point of the point of empathy or sympathy for stupid people.

Maybe they should have read the Constitution.

Nobody should care more about you than you.

Nobody is responsible for your decisions but you.

We cannot continue to carry dead weight.

The End.

I am the 1%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Yes, those stories are all sad, but as Herman Cain and many on this forum tell us, it's ALL THEIR FAULT.
Well, isn't it?

Aren't you responsible for yourself and the decisions you've made?

Old 10-07-2011, 05:59 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
An Open Letter to the Self-Proclaimed ’99%’

Two examples how stupidly dumb these filthy 99%'s are:

30K in student loans and $30K in credit card debt for a BA in Theatre?

This retard is lucky he landed a Starbucks job.

10 years in school going for a BA in Psychology and Sociology...And wait....It gets better....

...he's only a junior

Well this certainly sums up the idiotic mentality of the left!

10 years in school and still a junior? I guess he thinks his education should be paid for by someone else....and his 'American dream' should be as well.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
When and if both sides join together then the 1% will become very scared and things will have to change in favor of the 99% of Americans....
Nah.

There are only so many crazy, lazy, loonies out there.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
It's so horrible when our stupid decisions affect our lives...isn't it? I'm about to get out of Grad School with $25 k in loans....maybe I should take a picture and hope someone forgives my loans.
Spoken like an intelligent person - something sorely lacking from the majority of the left.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
No one usually chooses to be addict, it takes over. In many cases a person was once responsible with a future but addiction took it away and they now live a life of addiction. Talk to somebody who is addicted and many times you will hear from them "I once had_____, but now..."
You choose to be an addict the first time you smoke, snort, shoot or ingest an addictive substance.

Again, you are responsible for you.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
They are not 100% effective.

But, you know that, don't you.
So they should take extra precautions.

Sex is a natural human instinct.

Sex is a human right.

If you are not ready for a family, either emotionally or financially, just say no.

I am the 1%.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
As I look at the yahoo photos of the protesters I realize that I am sympathetic to them just like I am to tea party protesters but I can't endorse either one totally because both sets of protesters choose one side and vilify the other.

The tea party places sole blame on government and refuses to acknowledge that capitalism isn't perfect and corporation greed along with politicians are part of the problem.

The wallstreet protesters are placing sole blame on business and banks, and leaving out protest of government specially the democratic party because they won't admit that their party is part of the problem also.

Maybe the day will come when both realize that their sides have positive attributes but also corruption also. In the meantime nothing will really change until then
Nah.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:12 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I don't understand what the protests are able to accomplish. Standing in the street with a sign in your hand doesn't take a nickle out of the elite's pockets. They are probably laughing. The time and place to effectively protest is at the voting booth in November 2013. Vote out ALL incumbents. Every one of them.
Ooops! Make that 2012

Old 10-07-2011, 06:16 AM

I am proudly one of the 1%! I will take care of myself and be responsible for my actions and decisions.

Some of these 99%'ers decided to make a career out of going to college - on loans - and thought they could live out their days spewing academia while sipping coffee at starbucks. Now the economy has turned for the worse, loans are due, and it is tough finding a job....especially when you have never worked. I guess reality has set in and now those whom made the bad choices want to blame those whom made better choices.

Typical leftie mentality of everyone else is responsible for my bad lot in life.

Again, I am the 1%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies