Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 01:54 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times

Advertisements

I work for a huge corporation (one that makes light bulbs and appliances and a whole lot of other stuff) as a Software Engineer and I am a liberal. To the poster who calls this hypocritical, you're way off. Being supportive of some regulation does not mean that you hate corporations or wouldn't work for one. I work for this company, doesn't mean that I love everything they do. Besides, we all have bills to pay, lifestyles to maintain etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 02:31 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
Tell me why it matters and I'll maybe give this an answer.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:48 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
during the Bush administration, I heard lots of wisecracks about Dubya in the office. I haven't heard a one about Obama.
Nobody wants to be called a racist, and everyone knows that you can't speak ill of Obama without having that label applied. You know how it works.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:54 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,177 times
Young people and minorities usually vote liberal, older whites or people who have great jobs usually vote conservative obviously.

Most people making 6 figures don't vote liberal.

People usually protect there interest which is mostly money.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:26 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Nobody wants to be called a racist, and everyone knows that you can't speak ill of Obama without having that label applied. You know how it works.

We sure made fun of Marion Barry back in the day.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:53 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Young people and minorities usually vote liberal, older whites or people who have great jobs usually vote conservative obviously.

Most people making 6 figures don't vote liberal.

People usually protect there interest which is mostly money.

I don't know about that, I would have to see some numbers. I know plenty of people who make six figures and vote Democrat. Also, are you talking household income or individual? As a matter of fact, I know a few who make 7 and vote Democrat and also say that they have no problem paying more taxes.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:02 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Liberal or Conservative??? LOL.....Many in IT are from India and are here temporarily for work. They have H1B visas. They do not vote in the USA and they don't care about our politics. They are still learning the culture. Politics is the last thing on their mind.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:04 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
In the Seattle area they're definitely mostly liberal...but then the entire area has a very strong liberal tilt so that's not really unexpected. Idaho or Texas tech/software companies might be different.
Even the dry side of WA is quite a bit different. Spokane-area engineers tend to lean conservative.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:27 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I think most of them are liberal. Most tech companies support liberal causes.
So, what facts do you have to support your claim?

While in the first sentence you state you think most are liberal is acceptable since it was stated as opinion, the second is a statement and I challenge it.

My guess would be that most "tech companies" are apolitical. But, assuming for a moment your statement were indeed fact, it only begs the question, So What?

Old 11-09-2011, 05:37 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Fields such as technology, arts, entertainment, education, as well as other creative and advancement positions are held by those who are generally more liberal, while fields that deal with greed, power, and cronyism such as the banking industry, arms manufactures, big oil and wall street appeal more towards conservatives.
So very full of it. Look at who is running this country. Evil, greedy, power hungry LIBERALS.
It is Obama that is bailing these companies out. Obama gave them our tax money, so that they could keep going, and continue to be powerful banking industries. The Wall Street fat cats, gave so much money to Obama's campaign. You might want to re-think, your statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies