Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 08:23 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
But they part ways when it comes to bowel movements in public. If the Tea party folks are called teabaggers, then the OWS crowd are the fleabaggers
Thank you for exposing your own hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 08:31 AM

38,006 posts, read 22,193,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Your original claim was that they hate America. Now you're complaining that they have the wrong goals.

When you have a problem with America, it's because you're a patriot. When someone else does, it's because they hate America. Got it.
I can see how someone could think that, when the goal of the OWS crowd seems to be duplicating North Korea and transplanting it to America, albeit with our democratic party politicians replacing the Workers' Party of Korea.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Thank you for exposing your own hypocrisy.
LOL

How so? was I in favor of deification in public, if members of the tea party were doing it?

Old 10-11-2011, 08:37 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Useful idiots appear to come from both sides of the aisle. Kool-aid for everyone.

As I wrote in response to a post by florida.bob, my conservative friends are dead wrong on this one. The issues which divide the political left from the right are peanuts compared to the larger issue of accountability. Without that, nothing else really matters because elected officials will continue to do as they please.

The common ground between these two movements must be identified and pursued vigorously. The Founders disagreed about a wide range of issues but came together to create a federal government accountable to the people. With that accountability all but gone, we must work to take it back regardless of who works alongside us.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:48 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Why would the Tea party express solidarity with America-hating Marxists? There's something wrong with this picture.

Why would Federalists join together with Republicans?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:28 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,626,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
It is also my understanding that both sides want out of the ME.
what is the ME?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:29 AM

11,579 posts, read 13,961,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
what is the ME?
Middle East

Old 10-11-2011, 10:31 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,626,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Middle East
oh. right. do the tea partiers want out of the middle east? i know Ron Paul does, but the TP's don't seem to listen to Ron Paul.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:33 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,854,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
This, quite honestly.

If they can get over the partisanship, the Tea Party and OWS ultimately have the same goals.

Whether or not that's the direction we WANT for America, remains to be seen.
I have to disagree, I dont think OWS wants smaller gov. I dont hate corporations and I dont hate wall street and I dont blame the bankers, I blame the gov.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
As I wrote in response to a post by florida.bob, my conservative friends are dead wrong on this one. The issues which divide the political left from the right are peanuts compared to the larger issue of accountability. Without that, nothing else really matters because elected officials will continue to do as they please.

The common ground between these two movements must be identified and pursued vigorously. The Founders disagreed about a wide range of issues but came together to create a federal government accountable to the people. With that accountability all but gone, we must work to take it back regardless of who works alongside us.
That was one of the points i was trying to make, both groups decry political corruption and cronyism. All of us voters need to stop electing dishonest politicians. I'd rather have an honest lib like Kuncinich then a crooked Pelosi or William "Cold-Cash" Jefferson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies