Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 10:49 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,883 times

Advertisements

When Mr. Coulter is the voice of the right wing you know the right wing is in trouble. How do you expect anyone to take you guys serious when you have people like Mr. Coulter representing you? Where have the William Buckley's gone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 10:53 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,422,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
When Mr. Coulter is the voice of the right wing you know the right wing is in trouble. How do you expect anyone to take you guys serious when you have people like Mr. Coulter representing you? Where have the William Buckley's gone?
How biased and unenlightened you are to refer to Ms. Coulter as a man. I thought all liberals were tolerant of all things different. I am so pleased with her remarks that I am going to go buy every book she ever wrote. Rock on Ann.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:00 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times
Jon Stewart takes on Occupy Wall Street critics: Watch!

Jon Stewart takes on Occupy Wall Street critics | PopWatch | EW.com

Old 10-13-2011, 11:47 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,246,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Who cares what that anorexic blabbermouth says?

She's entirely predictable. Her silly statements have always been nothing more than radical right nonsense. Anyone giving her comments any credibility is beyond naive.
Infinitely more readable and entertaining than the drivel issuing from Maddow or Olbermann................egads if Olbermann ever tried to sow some wild oats into Maddow, I am going to pray for crop failure.

As for the loons on Wall Steet........I would turn a high pressure hose on that area they turned into a sewer and flush them down the drain. All their protests are incoherent. Ask five different people why they are there and get five completely different answers.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:50 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Infinitely more readable and entertaining than the drivel issuing from Maddow or Olbermann................egads if Olbermann ever tried to sow some wild oats into Maddow, I am going to pray for crop failure.
So the only defense you have for Mr. Coulter is an attack on another person? Wow. That would be like if someone called someone fat and they responded by saying "I'm not as fat as Michael Moore or Rush Limbaugh"

Old 10-13-2011, 11:59 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,246,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So the only defense you have for Mr. Coulter is an attack on another person? Wow. That would be like if someone called someone fat and they responded by saying "I'm not as fat as Michael Moore or Rush Limbaugh"
Quote:
"Who cares what that anorexic blabbermouth says?"
Pot meet kettle.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:07 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,589,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Infinitely more readable and entertaining than the drivel issuing from Maddow or Olbermann................
So, that answers my question about who gives Coulter credibility.

Quote:
egads if Olbermann ever tried to sow some wild oats into Maddow, I am going to pray for crop failure.
You're unaware that Maddow is gay.

Quote:
As for the loons on Wall Steet........I would turn a high pressure hose on that area they turned into a sewer and flush them down the drain. All their protests are incoherent. Ask five different people why they are there and get five completely different answers.
An example of those who support Wall St over Main St.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:25 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,392,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
If Richard Nixon had won the 1960 election instead of John F. Kennedy -- as some say he did -- there never would have been a need for Rosa Parks, the Freedom Rides and the rest of the civil disobedience of the civil rights movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Parks

On December 1, 1955 in Montgomery, Alabama, Parks, age 42, refused to obey bus driver James Blake's order that she give up her seat to make room for a white passenger. Parks' action was not the first of its kind to impact the civil rights issue, and there had been others, including Lizzie Jennings in 1854, Homer Plessy in 1892, Irene Morgan in 1946, Sarah Louise Keys in 1955 and Claudette Colvin, on the same bus system nine months before Parks, who had taken similar steps. But Parks' civil disobedience had the effect of sparking the Montgomery Bus Boycott.

I'm thinking that the incident with Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott occurred during the Republican Eisenhower administration.

Rosa Parks was a secretary for the NAACP. She deliberately "bucked the system" at the request of her boss. This act was 100% orchestrated by the NAACP.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:19 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,580,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Rosa Parks was a secretary for the NAACP. She deliberately "bucked the system" at the request of her boss. This act was 100% orchestrated by the NAACP.
Proof?

Old 10-14-2011, 08:21 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,580,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
If Richard Nixon had won the 1960 election instead of John F. Kennedy -- as some say he did -- there never would have been a need for Rosa Parks, the Freedom Rides and the rest of the civil disobedience of the civil rights movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Parks

On December 1, 1955 in Montgomery, Alabama, Parks, age 42, refused to obey bus driver James Blake's order that she give up her seat to make room for a white passenger. Parks' action was not the first of its kind to impact the civil rights issue, and there had been others, including Lizzie Jennings in 1854, Homer Plessy in 1892, Irene Morgan in 1946, Sarah Louise Keys in 1955 and Claudette Colvin, on the same bus system nine months before Parks, who had taken similar steps. But Parks' civil disobedience had the effect of sparking the Montgomery Bus Boycott.

I'm thinking that the incident with Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott occurred during the Republican Eisenhower administration.
Nice find, this just goes to show that Mr/Mrs. Coulter has no clue what the hell he/she is talking about and will knowingly lie to Fox's minions who will eat up his/her lies and by his/her books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies