Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 11:49 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I think it sounds like too little too late.
Never too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 11:57 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Is it because of President Obama's personality - he's much more low key and introspective than his predecessor. Or is it the general attitude of the Democratic Party - much less inclined to gloat?
I think it's a bit of both.

Bush was the guy who'd stand outside his enemy's house at night, yelling "I'm gonna kick yer ass!"

With Obama, the enemy opens his medicine cabinet to find a sticky note with "Better sleep with one eye open, signed, Barack" on it.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:59 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Bin Laden?
Iraq?
LOL, guess I got my bad guys mixed up!
I do tend to think of Iraq and Afghanistan as the 'same' war, though; that's probably why.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I think it's a bit of both.

Bush was the guy who'd stand outside his enemy's house at night, yelling "I'm gonna kick yer ass!"

With Obama, the enemy opens his medicine cabinet to find a sticky note with "Better sleep with one eye open, signed, Barack" on it.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:16 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Troops coming home from Iraq ...

... so they can be shipped out to Iran
My first thought too. But the article states -

About 39,000 U.S. troops are in Iraq, and the U.S. had wanted to keep from 3,000 to 5,000 troops in Iraq past 2011 to aid in training and security. But the current Status of Forces Agreement with Iraq dictates the U.S. troops leave by year's end, and the United States and Iraq had been unable to come to an agreement on key issues regarding legal immunity for U.S. troops who would remain in Iraq, effectively ending discussion of maintaining a significant American force presence beyond 2011.

IMO Iraq just wants us the heck out of there.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:18 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Default Obama does what GWB says

Obama was against the surge which turned Iraq around.

Obama followed GWB's policies.

Obama's timeline was set by GWB and finalized my Iraq who didn't want US troops in country past the end of the year. Coincidentally at the exact time Obama decided to 'fulfill' his promise.

As a dog trainer Obama would change the command from 'sit' to 'run' when the dog didn't listen to the command to 'sit and decided to 'run'. Makes him look good to his followers who see him as a divine image anyway.

As a marksman, Obama would shoot a hole in a blank piece of paper, walk up to it after the shot and draw a circle around the bullet hole.....all to prove his prowess as a marksman.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:22 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Never too late.

Hell, we should have never gone to begin with. At least Obama did what Bush could not.. Get Bin Ladin and get us out of there. Good Job Mr. President.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:29 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Has he done it immediately, you would have shrieked "Cut and Run!"

You neocon supporters are so predictable

Uh, no. I wouldn't have. Why would I have?
I would have said, "Great! You followed through on your campaign promise and we shouldn't be there anyway."

Do you commonly put words in others' mouths or is it just this one time?

Old 10-21-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Hell, we should have never gone to begin with.
Agree 100%. Now I'd like to see those responsible for putting us there in the first place (and we know who they are) face charges for murder.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:32 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
A promise kept. Now lets see how the neocons on here turn it around.
It's kept when they are home. Remember, this is the president that has pushed off closing Guantanamo again and again and again.

Trying to give him credit before he actually does something tells me you probably are skeptical too.

Actions like this MIGHT actually help get him re-elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies