Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2011, 01:06 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,278,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
There is right and there is just flat out wrong.

and the birthers have been 100% wrong since their appearance.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:49 AM

994 posts, read 1,683,118 times
Every time I hear the term *birther* used....I think of adult babies in diapers waving around their baby bottles in anger lol

Old 10-28-2011, 07:40 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
wreckingball: As you must be aware, Sherrif Joe has his hands full right now. I just got this email. As you can see, the last thing he needed was this task of investigating Obama's eligibility. It's a sad state of affairs that we must ask this of a sheriff, and can't trust those elected to represent us.
I know you disagree, but I hope we can both admire this man's strength of character. He's got a bounty on his head!!!!!
You left out the part of the email that asked for donations to the Sherrif Joe re-election fund.

The last thing he needed, LOL! He's probably going to try to run for a statewide or national office, and wants some publicity.

BTW, wasn't Joe elected to represent a constituency, too?

Old 10-28-2011, 07:42 AM

89,124 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
and the birthers have been 100% wrong since their appearance.
I'll issue the same challenge to you, Arus...

If you have any other direct primary source for the inclusion of the NBC clause for Presidential eligibility in the Constitution besides Jay's letter to Washington, post it.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:31 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,476,577 times
Quote:
I just got this email.
as katrina said, you got hit up for a campaign contribution. i'm curious, was it affective?

Quote:
As you can see, the last thing he needed was this task of investigating Obama's eligibility.
remember it's still the cold case posse doing the work at this point. joe has yet to do anything.

Quote:
It's a sad state of affairs that we must ask this of a sheriff, and can't trust those elected to represent us.
joe is an elected official.

Quote:
He's got a bounty on his head!!!!!
ok, this i found interesting. the original threat is from back in july/aug but....... it didn't seem to be of concern to joe then and it doesn't appear to be of concern to him now. was his appearance at the tea-party with orly an announced event? it would seem odd if you were in fear for your life from a cut-throat drug cartel to announce you'll be at an exact spot at an exact time ( and from the looks of the video without anything close to security ).
joe's comment at the time of the original threat was "I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing. It doesn’t matter to me," ( Joe Arpaio probes report of Mexican cartel’s $1M bounty on his head - BostonHerald.com (http://news.bostonherald.com/news/national/southwest/view/20100803joe_arpaio_probes_report_of_mexican_cartel s_1m_bounty_on_his_head/srvc=home&position=recent - broken link) ). nor did he ask for assistance from the FBI ( "We will assist the Sheriff’s Department if asked. They have not at this time," ).

so........ as crazy as it is it doesn't seem to be a factor affecting arpaio's job performance ( but it does sound dramatic when soliciting campaign contributions ).

Old 10-28-2011, 04:35 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,579,618 times
I don't understand why conservatives would even care about the birther issue with Obama anymore. After all, he's going to get creamed in 2012. Right? Right?

Old 10-28-2011, 05:48 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,577,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You left out the part of the email that asked for donations to the Sherrif Joe re-election fund.

The last thing he needed, LOL! He's probably going to try to run for a statewide or national office, and wants some publicity.

BTW, wasn't Joe elected to represent a constituency, too?
Yes, he's not only fighting this gov't, our judicial dept, a drug cartel bounty, and a recall, he needs to get re-elected. Are you aware that this gov't is trying to prosecute border agents for being too rough on illegals? With no evidence of rough treatment other than testimony from the illegal. That's in Texas. Arizona videotapes all their arrests, cya against this tyrannical govt. Anyway, all this takes money.

Joes constituents requested this inquiry into Obama, he is representing them.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
as katrina said, you got hit up for a campaign contribution. i'm curious, was it affective?

remember it's still the cold case posse doing the work at this point. joe has yet to do anything.

joe is an elected official.

ok, this i found interesting. the original threat is from back in july/aug but....... it didn't seem to be of concern to joe then and it doesn't appear to be of concern to him now. was his appearance at the tea-party with orly an announced event? it would seem odd if you were in fear for your life from a cut-throat drug cartel to announce you'll be at an exact spot at an exact time ( and from the looks of the video without anything close to security ).
joe's comment at the time of the original threat was "I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing. It doesn’t matter to me," ( Joe Arpaio probes report of Mexican cartel’s $1M bounty on his head - BostonHerald.com (http://news.bostonherald.com/news/national/southwest/view/20100803joe_arpaio_probes_report_of_mexican_cartel s_1m_bounty_on_his_head/srvc=home&position=recent - broken link) ). nor did he ask for assistance from the FBI ( "We will assist the Sheriff’s Department if asked. They have not at this time," ).

so........ as crazy as it is it doesn't seem to be a factor affecting arpaio's job performance ( but it does sound dramatic when soliciting campaign contributions ).
It appeared to me that he was surrounded by security. They may have some kind of check of your person before entering the room. I don't know. Just because he says the threats won't deter him, doesn't mean he doesn't take them seriously. I'm sure he does.
We need Arpaio, I would be honored to help him.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:24 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,476,577 times
Quote:
It appeared to me that he was surrounded by security.
who? the guy working the camera or the older gentleman in the dark blue shirt and white slacks? he has his back to the door/audience and is facing arpaio the entire time. not a great position if you're trying to protect someone from an assassination.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
who? the guy working the camera or the older gentleman in the dark blue shirt and white slacks? he has his back to the door/audience and is facing arpaio the entire time. not a great position if you're trying to protect someone from an assassination.
If I didn't know better, I might think you're worried about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies