Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 03:46 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
nor have we seen any of the birthers demanding a LFBC from perry, rubio, cain, romney........ ( i do believe bachmann showed her birth certificate at one point but she didn't make it available to orly taitz's crack team of forensic investigators ).
ROTFL! I'd forgotten Orly; maybe she went back to being a dentist.

Little Shop of Horrors - Dentist Song - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 03:59 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
"We went over this" in other words, you went into denial.
are you having difficulty differentiating between a "hillary supporter" and the "hillary campaign"?

you keep repeating that the hillary campaign started bitherism. nowhere in your link does it state that.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:22 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
so do you believe now that obama is eligible to be POTUS.
I'm not a birther. I never questioned his birthright. But I believe that his extremely close ties to other countries was enough to righfully ask to see his birth certificate. Whether you are Left or Right, you should agree with me. To NOT agree is taking Partisanship at the expense of the Constitution to stratospheric levels.

If someone can prove the same circumstance exists for the current crop of candidates, i'll ask to see their BC's as well.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
But I believe that his extremely close ties to other countries was enough to righfully ask to see his birth certificate. Whether you are Left or Right, you should agree with me.
but we did see it and it was confirmed by the hawaiian DoH long before the election.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If someone can prove the same circumstance exists....
what exactly are the circumstances that need to be matched? that he lived in a foreign country from 6-10? that a parent wasn't a US citizen? or ???

Old 10-24-2011, 04:44 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
we went over this in the other thread. your link says nothing about the clinton campaign. yes, some of the early ( but not all ) birthers were hillary supporters. most notably phil berg. but they had no direct connection to the hillary campaign.
You're splitting hairs here. The original birther had a pretty direct connection to the campaign:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avlon
As a Democratic precinct captain in Medina County, Starr had volunteered for the Clinton campaign during the hotly contested June Lone Star State primary and served as a Clinton delegate at the state convention

Did birtherism come straight from the mouth of Hillary? No. But did it come out of the Hiillary campaign? Yes. That was its genesis. That's all I'm saying, and it's fairly well documented.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
No. But did it come out of the Hiillary campaign? Yes. That was its genesis. That's all I'm saying, and it's fairly well documented.
where is it documented that it came from hillary's campaign? from your link the closest we get is " They were a splinter group of hard-core Hillary Clinton supporters .....". not campaign workers or volunteers, just supporters. being "hard-core" doesn't mean they had any direct access/connection to the campaign, just that they were very passionate. if you do have any evidence of a direct connection i'd love to see it but....... as of right now there is no evidence i've seen linking the clinton campaign to bitherism.

edit: just saw that she was a volunteer. apologies on that front.

edit 2: interesting. i will read up on starr.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:10 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlon
Starr had volunteered for the Clinton campaign during the hotly contested June Lone Star State primary and served as a Clinton delegate at the state convention
Seems as though it came out of the Clinton campaign to me. If you prefer to label it as 'hard core Hillary Clinton supporters,' fine.

edit: saw your edit--disregard.

Last edited by wutitiz; 10-24-2011 at 05:20 PM..

Old 10-24-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Seems as though it came out of the Clinton campaign to me. If you prefer to label it as 'hard core Hillary Clinton supporters,' fine.
when i get a chance i want to look more into it. i'm not doubting that hillary supporters ( or even volunteers ) were early birthers. we know that some were and honestly i'd laugh myself silly if obama had hillary to directly thank for the birthers. it's just a big leap to think the campaign is directly responsible ( altho not an unreasonable idea ). i'm just interested to look up the known timeline on birtherism and see where things fit.

altho one fragment of the birther fiasco we know came outside of hillary. that's the "2parent/de vattel" birthers. that theory was first introduced by leo denofrio one week before the election.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:23 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
I'd like to see the birth records of all the current GOP hopefulls. I believe they must all be aliens. They sure don't think like any human being I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies