Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 11:36 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Rick Perry Reaches Out To The Birthers | Election 2012
That’s not a definitive, “Yes, I believe he”—
Well, I don’t have a definitive answer, because he’s never seen my birth certificate.

But you’ve seen his.
I don’t know. Have I?
He mentions he got his information from Donald Trump. Excuse me while I burst into uncontrollable laughter.
ROFL....I guess that horse still has some life left in it afterall......

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 11:40 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,552,495 times
He said he believed Obama was born in the US.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:37 AM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
He said he believed Obama was born in the US.
no, he didn't. when originally asked he said "I have no reason to think otherwise.". when the interviewer pointed out that wasn't a definitive answer perry responded "Well, I don’t have a definitive answer,....."

...... i'm curious if perry will make a statement today saying the president was born in the US. he seems to have lost the birther vote just by saying "It’s a distractive issue.". see comments at http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=359465

Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why should they? Is there any doubt whatsoever that either of the candidates were born in the USA to American Citizens? No matter how it's spun, this wasn't entirely clear in BO's case. Hindsight 20/20 doesn't work here. Too many ties to foreign lands means show us the certificate, which he begrudgingly did 2 years later. Do the current crop of candidates suffer from the same predicament?
The state of Hawaii verified Obama's birth certificate in October of 2008. Why do birthers still have "doubts" three years later? Unless, of course, it has nothing to actually do with where the president was born and everything to do with trying to discredit him at any cost. I don't see how you could draw any other conclusion at this point.

Not that I'm getting down on birthers. To the contrary, I love those ridiculous fools. They are useful idiots who keep the GOP candidates walking a tightrope, not able to dismiss the issue outright for fear of offending their base, yet knowing it's a losing issue with the general voting public. And now Perry has stepped in it, and will find it's not easy to scrape the stench of it off his shoe and move on. Fun times!

Old 10-25-2011, 07:40 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm not a birther. I never questioned his birthright. But I believe that his extremely close ties to other countries was enough to righfully ask to see his birth certificate. Whether you are Left or Right, you should agree with me. To NOT agree is taking Partisanship at the expense of the Constitution to stratospheric levels.

If someone can prove the same circumstance exists for the current crop of candidates, i'll ask to see their BC's as well.
He showed his birth certificate during his campaign.

Birthers denied its validity.

They've been proven wrong.

I think you are "spinning" history by saying that he took 2 years to show it. He showed it before he was elected. The state of Hawaii verified it repeatedly. And birthers still denied its veracity. And many still do, today.

Which means it's not about doubts, it's not about ties to other countries, it's about not wanting THIS man in office. For whatever reason. There are people who don't want THIS man in office. And they latch on to any cause to invalidate his election, or to cast aspersions on his performance, or to put obstacles in his way as he tried to achieve his goals. For some people, it may not be personal, it may simply be partisan. For others, it is personal, as is shown by their vehemently hateful posts.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:23 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
he seems to have lost the birther vote just by saying "It’s a distractive issue."
If he was counting on the birther vote to sweep him into the White House, he was living in a fantasy world.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:36 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Rick Perry Reaches Out To The Birthers | Election 2012
That’s not a definitive, “Yes, I believe he”—
Well, I don’t have a definitive answer, because he’s never seen my birth certificate.

But you’ve seen his.
I don’t know. Have I?
He mentions he got his information from Donald Trump. Excuse me while I burst into uncontrollable laughter.
He's not Presedential which is unfortunate because I was willing to vote for him when he first came out.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:21 AM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
If he was counting on the birther vote to sweep him into the White House, he was living in a fantasy world.
i don't think perry was expecting the birther vote would secure him the win but......

the birthers have made themselves a very vocal and very aggressive faction. i don't believe they have the numbers to directly affect an election but i do believe they've attracted the ear of a larger section of the GOP base. those that proclaim "i'm not a bither but......

... if there was nothing to this there wouldn't be so many questions."

... if there was nothing to this it would have been settled long ago."

... he waited 2years and spent millions of dollars to keep his birth certificate sealed."

these are the people that, imo, a GOP candidate runs the risk of losing by angering the birthers.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:12 AM

6,161 posts, read 7,229,334 times
All the Banker's horses and all the Bilderberg's men couldn't put Perry back together again:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies