Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 12:23 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,033,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Did anyone else ever notice that if you don't watch any of this crap, you miss absolutely nothing? Both right and left wing television seem to find issues to harp on just to fill the airwaves. If you don't see any of it, they just aren't issues of any consequence which matter in one's life.

And no, i am not talking about burying one's head in the sand with regard to important news that should be weighed by all of us. Just saying that most of these left and right wing shows are 'just entertainment' designed to feed the trolls from either side...no different that catering to history buffs, sports enthusiasts, or folks who watch sit coms.

Agree 1000% Anytime I turn one of these channels on the first thing that comes to mind is, electricity is expensive no need to waste it and I turn the TV off. There are much better places to get your news besides these channels. But I have noticed this forum is filled with people who watch these channels religiously and believe everything they tell them. That's why I come to this forum to see what the sheep are up to. Kind of entertainment for me. Have other blogs or forums I regularly visit with intelligent people who laugh at these channels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 12:30 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,241,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
The kind of people who agree ideologically with msnbc tend to have better things to do than watch cable news all evening. Plus, msnbc sucks, as the thread title says.

Fox News kills in the ratings because it's the default channel in nursing homes and car dealer service department waiting rooms. At any rate ratings are a relative thing. Reruns of Spongebob and wrestling get double their numbers in viewership.
That is hilariuos. I just abotu fell out of my chair laughing.
Those who watch MSNBC have better things to do like OWS.....lol

Fox kills in the ratings becasue nursing homes turn it on.....lol

Old 10-25-2011, 12:42 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,436,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Morning joe, is a bunch of stuck-up puds, compared to Fox & Friends.
You mean those three who don't remember 9/11?

Old 10-25-2011, 12:53 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,436,940 times
Sean Hannity also forgot about 9/11. Perhaps he was too busy playing with his little girly football

Dana Perino: 'We Did Not Have a Terrorist Attack on Our Country During President Bush's Term' - YouTube

Old 10-25-2011, 02:05 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,411,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You said it thanks. MSNBC is a soap opera on steroids. The worse, if you can put up with the bunch.
Maddox just needs to go soon. Fair and balanced my ---!
Fair and balanced
So much for MSNBC being the liberal Fox News | Media Matters for America

Old 10-25-2011, 04:14 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,200,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Yeah they needle Obama on actual substantive matters on occasion but they always fall in line when push comes to shove. Maddow got a little too snippy abut DADT until she was invited to a couple White House dinners then she backed off. Olbermann railed on Bill O'Reilly a little too much until O'Reilly started talking about GE selling nuclear reactor parts to Iran then Roger Ailes and Phil Immelt had a sit-down to get Olbermann to back off. And then there's the whole Cenk Uygur episode where he was explicitly told he was to back off his criticism of the Obama administration before being offered a weekend morning show to get him out of the way.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:20 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,970,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
You lost me when you used the codeword "diversity" Im ready to dump Communistcast and go underground where you wont get another freaking dime for your perceived "entitlements"....
There are plenty of good reasons to dump Comcast. This is not one of them.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:26 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,101,737 times
Communistcast along with Government Electric own MSNBC...

Old 10-25-2011, 05:15 PM

22,679 posts, read 24,673,472 times
I watch and listen to them all.......left, right, whatever.

The people on MSNBC, wow............Mr Maddow and Mathews.....just cannot stomach their know-it-all smarminess..

Old 10-25-2011, 05:48 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,274,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post

Mr Maddow .....just cannot stomach their know-it-all smarminess..
I can't stomach bigots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies