Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 07:08 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,908,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Why don't we require that patients have to watch a surgery the same as theirs before they undergo the procedure?

Because it could cause undue stress and is not necessary, THAT is why.

Why should women undergoing the abortion procedure be treated any different?

Because people like you want to coerce, guilt and browbeat women.....THAT is why.
How could this coerce,guilt or browbeat a woman?

Are women so easily swayed about such an important decision?

You seem to think women are basically too dumb and shouldn't be given more information on what is happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Will those 1.2 million be missed?

In case you haven't noticed.....this country cannot provide jobs and a decent living for the ones that are already here.

Why bring more life into the world.......life that is not even wanted by its own parents? Life is hard enough as it is when you have parents that actually want you..........and even then......many of those children end up abused and neglected......and you want to force parenthood?
Eugenics????

Old 10-26-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Exactly. Copulation could wind up in conception is a fact.
Discovering she's pregnant, finding herself with a difficult decision and then being made to look at an ultrasound of the fetus? That's playing on emotion.

The woman knows what's going on inside her without an ultrasound.
Then what is the problem,she already knows what is going on...

Old 10-26-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Most woman don't need to see a sonogram to know whats going on. Some have already had children and are intimately familiar with the whole process. I don't see the point unless someone is on the fence and wants to have one before deciding. That's fine. But to assume everyone has to have one is beyond logical and I think the folks supporting this know it...which is why we get the "are you afraid they will change their minds?" type of arguments. The only possible reaction to knowing you are wrong is being stupid on top of it.
It appears those who do not want more information available fear the patient might actually change their mind....and somehow that is seen as a bad thing.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:16 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,981,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Ultrasound viewing part of NC abortion law blocked - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

This was nothing but an attempt at state level to make getting a safe and LEGAL abortion even more difficult for women. I am so glad this judge took this stand.

I actually have no problem with the waiting period. I think a short waiting period is appropriate for all elective surgical procedures.

I have been so worried about these state restrictions which are just a subtle "back door" attempt to make abortions unattainable. I am very happy that there are some judges willing to do what's right.
Excellent News Cinebar, thanks for posting it
I have not read through the replies but I am sure the same old genetic regressives hee will attack you for posting the news. A BIG win for ALL American Women. Now on to Texas to put a stop to Perrys game there.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Wow. Just wow. Ignorance abounds.
You are correct,it appears many proponents of abortion have no idea of the history of Planned Parenthood,have no idea of the reasons for the majority of abortions in this country but DO know that seeing an ultrasound might change the mind of someone so fragile but so much in control that she can make that decision...

So women are too easily swayed by a picture or sound of a heartbeat,but are also totally in control and logical about making the decision...

Old 10-26-2011, 07:24 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,858,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You also think very little about women and aren't quite as pro-choice as you say you are.

How about when you get pregnant, you make those decisions for yourself. Until then, leave the rest of us alone to make our own choices.
Do not tell me how I think about women from one snippet of a minor detail. This is thinking about the other life being affected and has little bearing on taking someones choice away. A person can be pro-choice and still be somewhat reluctant due to the heavy decision. A little reverence never hurt anyone.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:31 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,451,754 times
Quote:
Oh please! Are you saying you could pick your fetus out of a "line up"? LMAO!

Accountability = terminating a pregnancy you do not want......for whatever reason.

It's not a pregnancy which is terminated.

It's a child.

Why is it I can never discuss the abortion issue with an abortion supporter (sorry..."abortion rights supporter") without all the benign sounding special words and phrases being used to downplay what is really being discussed?

"Glob of tissues"

"Terminate the pregnancy"

"Pro choice"

"Choice"

And the classic, "I don't support abortion but I respect the right of a woman to choose."

To choose what?

Who talks like this when the subject isn't abortion?

You people act as though you're actually keeping what an abortion is a secret.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:47 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,451,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
No, they will say would you like to see your kidney stones or your gallbladder, and then you can say...Yes, yes I would like to, or No, I would prefer not to and I waive my right to see them. That handles the malpractice. In this case you are saying would you like to see an ultrasound...No? That's too bad, the state says otherwise.

Who decided that an abortion did not involve the intentional killing of an innocent third party?

Abortion is not like other surgeries.

Even Roe acknowledges as much, but Roe simply asserts that the mother has a right to kill her child because it's no one else's business if she does.

The USSC got around the whole homicide issue by declaring the fetus a non-person. They did this in much the same way they decided African slaves were non-persons. This made the issue of slavery nothing more than one of property rights. Convenient then and convenient now.

Maybe someday we will come to realize we should never give people the power to declare other people non-persons. The whole Bill of Rights becomes mute if government may freely decide who is or is not a person such that all rights are denied at will.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:58 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,279,332 times
The bottom line is that a judge has ruled that a woman terminating a pregnancy should not have something forced on her as a condition of her getting the procedure.

For all you "less government" people, this should be a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies