Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 05:08 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Wow. Stereotype much? Most gay men I know and am friends with are extremely masculine and you'd never know they were gay unless somebody told you.

That said, I'm very good at picking out gay people. Here's a way - pay attention to whom others pay attention to. Straight men tend to check out women - gay men tend to check out guys. That's just where our eyes go. It's funny - every time I'm out with my friends (most of my friends are straight guys) eventually someone says something like "Whoa, did you see that girl. Check out those ****." I never notice, and usually I don't really even see the random women near me unless they're pointed out. If you notice a guy primarily look at (and even more so "check out") random guys in his environment rather than random girls, it's a pretty good indication he's gay.
So you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 05:11 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
99.9% of the time, yes, I can tell if someone is gay or lesbian.
I can guarantee you that you know a lot more gays and lesbians than you think you do. You just assume they are straight.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i was hit on by a gay man a couple years ago, and have not felt comfortable around them since, which is why i bring this up. at that time i was naive and had no idea about the signs that give many gays away.

if he would've told me straight up he was gay i would've said no and it would've been the end of it.

thats why i said quit with the games and out yourselves so we know who you are and so those like myself who arnt interested can stay clear of any awkward situations like the one i just described.
Awkward situations where you get unwelcome attention?

Imagine what it's like being a woman.....

Old 10-28-2011, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
So you think.
Yes he does think. Don't you think?

Old 10-28-2011, 06:21 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,740,033 times
Gay men tend to be more feminine, but the gay accent is a dead giveaway.

For women, the are usually just nasty and tend to act very manly. The feminine lesbians are usually loud and annoying and often show affection in pubic places.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:04 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Nope, can't pick out a gay man these days especially in a crowd of urban white collar male workers who have their manicured nails buffed and/or polished, wear an earring, have sissy shoes with tassels on them, wear girly sheer socks, smell like they fell into the perfume bottle (I don't care what you call it, it's perfume), have some kind of crap on their hair and some even dye it, wear girly underwear and/or bathing suits, drink wussy coffee drinks and drive girly cars. I don't even want to bring up that some still live with mom and dad well into their 20s. They're all gay in the stereotypical sense of the word. In fact, some actual gay men are more masculine/manly than they are.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:10 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Gay men tend to be more feminine, but the gay accent is a dead giveaway.

For women, the are usually just nasty and tend to act very manly. The feminine lesbians are usually loud and annoying and often show affection in pubic places.
Are you being serious here? A "gay accent"?

Old 10-28-2011, 07:48 AM

6,158 posts, read 7,226,364 times
Some cases you can tell but most cases you cant. Thats because there are probably a lot more masculine gay men than flamboyant. The masculine gay men are those who are more in the closet and you could never tell they are gay. Because of this, the gay population is much larger than estimated. Then there are bisexual men and straight men who are curious. Some straight men have homosexual thoughts but the idea of actually engaging in same sex contact is disturbing to them. Homosexuality is like a gray scale. Its not always either 100% gay or 100% straight. But feminine qualities don't always mean a man is gay. There are some straight men that act gay.

this article is interesting and it helps back up the belief that being gay is not a choice and its something that people are likely born with.

What the Gay Brain Looks Like - TIME

Old 10-28-2011, 07:50 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,740,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Are you being serious here? A "gay accent"?
Yes very serious. A lot of gay guy do have the gay accent. If you want examples try Jay Manuel, prezez hilton, mrs jay alexander for extremes. Subtle gay accents are just as bad but not as extreme. For butch lesbian accents ellen and rosie o donnel have gay accents as well.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:55 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
If you have gaydar you can tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies