Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 12:57 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,005,305 times

Advertisements

...via Islamic immigration.

Pope Spoke of "Slow Suicide of Europe Through Muslim immigration"
An upcoming autobiography from press baron Conrad Black reveals that Pope Benedict lamented the 'slow suicide of Europe' because of Muslim immigration. Buried away on page 48 of the former press proprietor Conrad Black’s superb, soon-to-be-published autobiography, A Matter of Principle, is the answer to a burning question that very many people have been asking for several years: What does the pope really think about Islamic immigration into Europe?

… Lord Black’s authoritative and highly readable new memoir (full disclosure: I’m a dedicatee) reveals that at a small dinner party given at the home of Cardinal Gerald Emmett Carter, the then–cardinal archbishop of Toronto, in 1990, the then-cardinal Joseph Ratzinger—now Pope Benedict—"lamented 'the slow suicide of Europe:' its population was aging and shrinking, and the unborn were being partly replaced by unassimilable immigrants. He thought that Europe would awake from its torpor, but that there were difficult days head."

The Roots of Europe's Cultural Masochism
How did Europe come to lose confidence in its own civilization?

Europe's Cultural Suicide.
As the native populations are slowly replaced by immigrant populations, the native culture of the various countries is also slowly being diluted – more so by the natives than by the immigrants. The process is slow and sporadic enough that most people don’t see it. It’s there, however, for anyone able and willing to step back and look at the broader currents of events.

Europe's Cultural Suicide: The Norway Shootings.
The bombing and massacre in Norway, like most such cases, are triggering an attempt to understand what lay behind them. Sometimes nothing more than sheer insanity is the explanation. But in this instance, Anders Behrin Breivik, who has confessed to the bombing of government offices and shootings, apparently left behind a manifesto decrying the "cultural suicide" of Europe. Apparently he also saw the writings of the Unabomber as an inspiration.

Europe's cultural suicide
When Hitler began to re-arm five years later, the British were unwilling to react, to stand up for their values. Once again, we seem to be suffering the same fate: the tragedy is that England isn’t done for yet, but do its people believe in it and all it stands for any more?

Cultural suicide by Europe and the Democrats
Have the leaders of the Democratic Party joined the 'Suicide of the West'?
This essay asks two questions: Are Europeans in the throes of passive cultural and political suicide as they ignore the threat of fanatical Muslims in their communities? And if so, have the leaders of the Democratic Party in America joined the Europeans in sleepwalking towards a precipice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 01:21 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,866,158 times
Interestingly enough, it was Hitler who didn't have kind words to say about the USA and its immigration policies in Mein Kampf, that the USA was destined to self-destruct owing to its "openness". He did change his tune after the Immigration Act of 1924 and segregation which he demonstrated in his sequel to Mein Kampf (Zweites Buch), when he actually praise America for getting it right.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:29 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,792,518 times
I never understand those discussions. I have lived here in Europe most of my life, I simply don't see such a suicide.
The current pope is a senile idiot, always has been...
Islam is really not the most urgent problems we have here...

It seems to me many Americans project their own attitude towards Hispanics onto Europeans...

Old 10-31-2011, 01:31 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,545,927 times
cant speak for all of europe but france has made some big mistakes. they thought they would convert islam with some good french wine and some pretty women and good food. they didnt.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:37 PM

As much as I dislike Islam, in France the bigger problem is the poverty of many Muslims and other immigrants due to their lack of education and qualifications. They live in ghetto-like conditions around Paris and a few other big cities, without perspective. That is a dangerous climate...

Old 10-31-2011, 03:25 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,113,614 times
Civilizations come and go, its all part of god's intelligent design.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:39 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,395,731 times
excellent post, renault. Thank you.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:50 PM

487 posts, read 383,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I never understand those discussions. I have lived here in Europe most of my life, I simply don't see such a suicide.
The current pope is a senile idiot, always has been...
Islam is really not the most urgent problems we have here...

It seems to me many Americans project their own attitude towards Hispanics onto Europeans...
Whether you agree or disagree with the Pope's comments, muslim immigration and demographic shifts in Europe are very real issues. I lived in Paris for a few months and can tell you that it's suburbs are largely composed of a muslim majority. Furthermore, in 2011 the ethnic makeup of Amsterdam was 49.7% Dutch and 50.3% foreigners.

The fact is Europe is becoming more racially/ethnically diverse due to immigration and declining birth rates. Europeans better get used to it...

Old 10-31-2011, 04:16 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,877,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Civilizations come and go, its all part of god's intelligent design.
When Muslim extremists blow each other up is that also part of God's "intelligent design"?

Old 10-31-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
Whether you agree or disagree with the Pope's comments, muslim immigration and demographic shifts in Europe are very real issues. I lived in Paris for a few months and can tell you that it's suburbs are largely composed of a muslim majority. Furthermore, in 2011 the ethnic makeup of Amsterdam was 49.7% Dutch and 50.3% foreigners.

The fact is Europe is becoming more racially/ethnically diverse due to immigration and declining birth rates. Europeans better get used to it...
Immigration is very low these days. There are more Turks leaving Germany than moving there.
I visited Amsterdam, it is colorful, in a positive way, I liked it there

Most Europeans have been getting used to the changing demographics for quite some time now. I think the Old World is much more flexible than you think
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies