Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2011, 12:35 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,386,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Not the way I would enjoy my 50 million dollars, but hey, to each his own.
The longer this thread gets, the more our net worth gets inflated. I believe the original estimate was $20 million, soon growing to $25 million. A few days of percolating and we are now at $50million. Perhaps posting on CD is an investment strategy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 12:40 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,402,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
The longer this thread gets, the more our net worth gets inflated. I believe the original estimate was $20 million, soon growing to $25 million. A few days of percolating and we are now at $50million. Perhaps posting on CD is an investment strategy.
You may be right.

The OP has not been on CD since 11-4-11.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:42 PM
GLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
.................Recent research shows that around 60 percent of the top 0.1 percent either are executives in nonfinancial companies or make their money in finance, i.e., Wall Street broadly defined.
....... It's a good bet that if you are in the top 0.1% you are a CEO of a large firm or work on Wall Street.
Crap! Before you, I was a contented 1%ter.
Now I am a bottom "99.9%ter".

Old 11-07-2011, 12:50 PM
GLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
I'm a 1% too, and I am king of Mars with my army of squirrels!.......
I see you are from Portland, Oregon. I believe your story.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:08 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,529,239 times
Redistribute your money or we'll redistribute your blood.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:13 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,374,846 times
I found $5.00 today, I was going to share it with everyone but the Double Quarter pounder meal was $5.00 so I invested in it.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:00 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,134,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
I'm surprised that someone with that much intelligence would write such an ignorant post.

This is 2011, not 1950. The opportunities available for young people to work their way through school are a lot smaller. Also, getting into college is far more competitive than when it was when you went through. Yes, people can still make it through, but the odds are a lot smaller.

It's great that you were born with an aptitude for school and a family that was supportive. That said, it would be a lot harder for you to do what you did today and who is to say that you can do it.

Care to make a comparison on the costs of college now vs what they were before?
There really is a disconnect between some posters here between their own preconceived political and the reality our current economy. They are still in the denial phase.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:55 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,045,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I grew up poor an lived in a trailer. I worked my butt off from the time I was eight years old. I always had "straight As" in elementary school, junior high, high school, college, and med school. I knew no one would take care of me, except for myself. My father gave me $100 for college. I did not take a dime from the federal government and worked my way through school. Today, I am worth over $20 million. Screw the hippies camping out and protesting AMERICA. I am a "a 1% ter'. To hell with the lazy bums who did not sacrifice and work as hard as I did. Choices in life have consequences- go to hell.

I did not become successful by camping out with dirtbags who are supported by daddy's money and complaining. You should have made better decisions in life, particularly when you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. You are the dregs of the US and an embarrassment to the principles of a work ethic. Get a job, you bums.

Signed- A "1% ter" who did not have nearly the opportunities you lazy and ingracious dead beats had.

Haha wow you are so full of crap it's pathetic. First off I'd like to know how old you are.............I'd also like to know exactly what you did to become worth $20 million. Straight A's all throughout school? LOL...well yeah so what............if you lived in a trailer you probably were surrounded by other kids that lived in trailers as well. Doesn't mean you were smarter or more intelligent than anyone else. Meaning your K-12 education probably wasn't that competitive or that stringent.

I love guys like you. They always say how hard they worked and give just enough information to make their story believable but when it comes to actually telling people exactly how they made their money they never divulge. Did you break any laws to make your money? So you're another "investor" that makes all his money off the backs of Brazillian third world workers. Wow you're so smart. Do you own your own business? How do you give back to your country because after all unless you went to a private college, drive on private roads, enjoy private bridges, etc. you are part of a society that you have most definitely profited from in some way or another. So to say you did everything on your own is BS and just makes you look like another uppity elitist fool. Growing up in a trailer park.........LOL...........Your mom and dad or someone along your family tree probably sucked off the government big time in one way or the other.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:13 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,050,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Haha wow you are so full of crap it's pathetic. First off I'd like to know how old you are.............I'd also like to know exactly what you did to become worth $20 million. Straight A's all throughout school? LOL...well yeah so what............if you lived in a trailer you probably were surrounded by other kids that lived in trailers as well. Doesn't mean you were smarter or more intelligent than anyone else. Meaning your K-12 education probably wasn't that competitive or that stringent.

I love guys like you. They always say how hard they worked and give just enough information to make their story believable but when it comes to actually telling people exactly how they made their money they never divulge. Did you break any laws to make your money? So you're another "investor" that makes all his money off the backs of Brazillian third world workers. Wow you're so smart. Do you own your own business? How do you give back to your country because after all unless you went to a private college, drive on private roads, enjoy private bridges, etc. you are part of a society that you have most definitely profited from in some way or another. So to say you did everything on your own is BS and just makes you look like another uppity elitist fool. Growing up in a trailer park.........LOL...........Your mom and dad or someone along your family tree probably sucked off the government big time in one way or the other.

You probably came to this thread late & missed the part where the OP "boasted" that he sold illegal drugs to children. That answer the bolded question you asked? Yes, a wonderful example to set for the next generation.

And again - what happened to the OP?

Old 11-07-2011, 03:40 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,519,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I found $5.00 today, I was going to share it with everyone but the Double Quarter pounder meal was $5.00 so I invested in it.

That wasn't a very smart thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies