Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 07:30 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

I grew up poor an lived in a trailer. I worked my butt off from the time I was eight years old. I always had "straight As" in elementary school, junior high, high school, college, and med school. I knew no one would take care of me, except for myself. My father gave me $100 for college. I did not take a dime from the federal government and worked my way through school. Today, I am worth over $20 million. Screw the hippies camping out and protesting AMERICA. I am a "a 1% ter'. To hell with the lazy bums who did not sacrifice and work as hard as I did. Choices in life have consequences- go to hell.

I did not become successful by camping out with dirtbags who are supported by daddy's money and complaining. You should have made better decisions in life, particularly when you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. You are the dregs of the US and an embarrassment to the principles of a work ethic. Get a job, you bums.

Signed- A "1% ter" who did not have nearly the opportunities you lazy and ingracious dead beats had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 07:31 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I grew up poor an lived in a trailer. I worked my butt off from the time I was eight years old. I always had "straight As" in elementary school, junior high, high school, college, and med school. I knew no one would take care of my, except for myself. My father gave me $100 for college. I did not take a dime from the federal government and worked my way through school. Today, I am worth over $20 million. Screw the hippies camping out and protesting AMERICA. I am a "a !% ter'. To hell with the lazy bums who did not sacrifice and work as hard as I did. Choices in life have consequences- go to hell.
It does not matter they want a part of your pie!

Old 11-04-2011, 07:32 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Seriously, hawk? You're worth $20 million? Grew up in a trailer? Got $100 for college from the old man? hmmmm....

Old 11-04-2011, 07:35 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Seriously, hawk? You're worth $20 million? Grew up in a trailer? Got $100 for college from the old man? hmmmm....
What not possible?

Hard work gets you everywhere! Problem is when you have leaders like Pelosi saying quit your jobs and we will take care of you. Spread the wealth crap you get what obama is calling "we have gone soft" Haha it is because of their views of giving to people who have to nothing more to do than fill out some paperwork and cash a check.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:36 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,394,304 times
Quote:
I grew up poor an lived in a trailer. I worked my butt off from the time I was eight years old. I always had "straight As" in elementary school, junior high, high school, college, and med school. I knew no one would take care of my, except for myself. My father gave me $100 for college. I did not take a dime from the federal government and worked my way through school. Today, I am worth over $20 million. Screw the hippies camping out and protesting AMERICA. I am a "a 1% ter'. To hell with the lazy bums who did not sacrifice and work as hard as I did. Choices in life have consequences- go to hell.
But seriously, hard work is part of it and these young kids all want it right now.

Still, I'd never begrudge a kid that literally didn't know or was never taught the value of hard work.
Like my favorite attending once said, "Before you yell at someone for not knowing something, make sure you didn't forget to teach it to them."

Last edited by GreyDay; 11-04-2011 at 07:50 PM..

Old 11-04-2011, 07:39 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,364 times
Quote:
I grew up poor an lived in a trailer. I worked my butt off from the time I was eight years old. I always had "straight As" in elementary school, junior high, high school, college, and med school. I knew no one would take care of my, except for myself. My father gave me $100 for college. I did not take a dime from the federal government and worked my way through school. Today, I am worth over $20 million. Screw the hippies camping out and protesting AMERICA. I am a "a 1% ter'. To hell with the lazy bums who did not sacrifice and work as hard as I did. Choices in life have consequences- go to hell.
My husband was raised on a poor farm in a poor farming community and has worked from raising pigs to picking almonds, not a dime for his collge, not only worked his way thru school, but GAVE to the fed governement by fighting in Vietnam. Never stopped working since he was 6 years old and expected to raise, vet, and sell those pigs. Been an executive since his first job out of the army and his whole working life....but He's NOT worth even close to thinking about that much. Its not choices you made, nor hard work....its simply dumb freakin luck....but then I doubt you would spend as you do on this site, if you were 20 mil rich. You would have WAY to many other things to do! Or should have.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
What not possible?

Hard work gets you everywhere! Problem is when you have leaders like Pelosi saying quit your jobs and we will take care of you. Spread the wealth crap you get what obama is calling "we have gone soft" Haha it is because of their views of giving to people who have to nothing more to do than fill out some paperwork and cash a check.
Look, Miborn... of course it's possible. Is it likely? Um no. Hard work will still get you everywhere. You don't have to invent an imaginary $20 million to make a point. I was born poor. (not in trailer ... that's just a bit too much rhetorical flourish for my tastes) I wasn't given anything for college ... not even a poetic $100. I'm a college educated bona fide member of the middle class. Hard work. I'm also a Democrat because I believe in hands up, not hand outs.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:41 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Umm... the top 1% earn $343,000 per year...

Old 11-04-2011, 07:43 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:

Yep.

That is the 100% God's honest truth. That is why I DESPISE these people that say they cannot make it in America. I worked very hard. I cleaned dairy barns in high school and college and came home covered in liquid sh*t for four summers in a row. I smelled like cow sh*t in college for two months until the smell removed itself from the fat in my skin. I sold pot to spoiled brats for income in high school and college- partly for money and partly to take down spoiled brats who were blowing thier golden opportunity. I have no tolerance for bums and am infuriated by these well heeled jerks who are sitting there on daddy's money. You know what would have happened to me in a similar circumstance? I would have starved, as I had no one to support my food or shelter, except for me. These burgoise "communists" (who are just spoiled brats) can go to hell. Working people cannot afford to do this idiotic stuff. This is the luxury of spoiled rich brats. Let them freeze- they will go home to daddy soon enough. I did not have that luxury.

Life can be very good for those who work hard and look on the bright side.

PS- I am lying. I checked my Vanguard account today and the total value of my Brazilian assets and it about $25 million, not $ 20 million.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Umm... the top 1% earn $343,000 per year...
Yeah, you're point? I'm addressing hawk's cool $20 mil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies