Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 07:12 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,279,292 times

Advertisements

A video from Russia Today (very credible NOT)

Quoting elanora1:

Anyone reading this thread should note the following about Sunny's sources.

1) They're often outdated. Many of her references are at least a decade old.

2) They're inaccurate. Even when a study is quoted, the study is often misrepresented.

3) The sources in question are often from people with dubious credentials. Several of the doctors Sunny finds so reliable have had their medical licenses removed.

4) They include other forms of quackery. A doctor or someone else who is anti-vax is often pro-nonsense like homeopathy or an AIDS denialist like Incao.

In short these are bad sources that no one should take seriously.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:51 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,040,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Here's some sanity, fairness and Intellectual Honesty from Dr. Tenpenny.

Vaccines - The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices [complete] - YouTube
An EXCELLENT video- well worth taking the time to watch for laymen and medical professionals.

She doesn't sound like a quack to me- not that ad hominem defenses and the shooting of messengers works for the truly concerned, curious, and thoughtful. Hear her out and disprove her sources, which are largely the vaccine inserts and legitimate stats, then come back with a cogent argument. It is well worth the time spent.

Those of you who point the finger at those who want more information about vaccines, calling them all but disease spreaders and murderers, had better be square on the FACTS so that you do not ever have to turn that finger toward yourselves.

Also, remember to follow the money and ask "who benefits"? Always a huge clue! Those who speak out against the mainstream and suffer the old slings and arrows, benefiting little, just MIGHT be worth a listen.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:56 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,875,096 times
Life before vaccines:

PKIDs | Immunization Consequences of Not Vaccinating

The end of vaccines? | Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists

Utah Valley Pediatrics Builds Upon Commitment to Quality Care Through Involvement With UPIQ (http://www.uvpediatrics.com/newsletter/2011/June/vaccines.php - broken link)

Please go away, Sunny. And take all those ugly vaccine preventable diseases with you. Your civil liberties end where our too young to get vaccinated infants begins. You have no inherent right to argue in favor of killing them with vaccine preventable diseases.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:05 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,533,368 times
Eleanora1, your arguments have failed, here in the light of much truth.

Unlike you, I don't feel threatened by the opposing viewpoint. I don't need to try to tell you to leave. I could not care less if you stay and make your failing attempts to discredit this HUGE movement of truth-seekers, or not. Stay! Stay and show your messages for what they are-UnAmerican wishes to force medical care on folks so far as to take away their rights to "Life, Liberty and their Pursuits of Freedom."

Oh my! now a Doctor is concerned about the VIALS some shots were in...."Multi-dose" vials! dig this...

H1N1 VACCINE AIDS RISK WARNS TOP INFECTIOUS DISEASE DOCTORS - YouTube

Old 11-21-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
An EXCELLENT video- well worth taking the time to watch for laymen and medical professionals.

She doesn't sound like a quack to me- not that ad hominem defenses and the shooting of messengers works for the truly concerned, curious, and thoughtful. Hear her out and disprove her sources, which are largely the vaccine inserts and legitimate stats, then come back with a cogent argument. It is well worth the time spent.

Those of you who point the finger at those who want more information about vaccines, calling them all but disease spreaders and murderers, had better be square on the FACTS so that you do not ever have to turn that finger toward yourselves.

Also, remember to follow the money and ask "who benefits"? Always a huge clue! Those who speak out against the mainstream and suffer the old slings and arrows, benefiting little, just MIGHT be worth a listen.
She is a quack. Go look at a package insert on aspirin. On that basis you'd never use it again.

There's a ton of cogent arguments here in favor of vaccines. Unlike Sunny's nonsense such sources are not based on outdated and misrepresented studies or outright lies.

The anti-vax nuts ARE disease spreaders and murderers. They directly advocate for dangerous and contagious diseases.

They're currently busy spreading measles in California and France:

Measles cases in California reach a 10-year high - Los Angeles Times

Measles Outbreak In Europe, Especially France

Most doctors are not making money from vaccines which often cost pennies to make and earn very little for manufacturers. The real money is in treatment for disease not prevention of it.

You want to follow the money? Go ahead. The people who benefit from anti-vax nonsense are the idiots who sell garbage like "Dr." Mercola and the idiot Geiers and their chelation therapy idiocy.

Stupidity is not a point of view and it sure as heck isn't welcome at any table.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Eleanora1, your arguments have failed, here in the light of much truth.

Unlike you, I don't feel threatened by the opposing viewpoint. I don't need to try to tell you to leave. I could not care less if you stay and make your failing attempts to discredit this HUGE movement of truth-seekers, or not. Stay! Stay and show your messages for what they are-UnAmerican wishes to force medical care on folks so far as to take away their rights to "Life, Liberty and their Pursuits of Freedom."

Oh my! now a Doctor is concerned about the VIALS some shots were in...."Multi-dose" vials! dig this...

H1N1 VACCINE AIDS RISK WARNS TOP INFECTIOUS DISEASE DOCTORS - YouTube
You have not posted any truth. You have posted nonsense from whale to, discredited doctors, you tube and other assorted idiots. You don't feel threatened by vaccines preventable diseases because you don't know anything about this subject. If you did the last thing you'd do is encourage people not to vaccinate. Because sadly chances are that my vaccinated kids will be protected in the event of an epidemic and yours will not. That's a horrible thing to do to them.

You do not have the inherent right to argue in favor of spreading disease. Go ahead and be the Typhoid Mary of the internet if you like. But I'll be damned if the rest of us aren't going to do our best to exile you from polite society.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,905,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Most doctors are not making money from vaccines which often cost pennies to make and earn very little for manufacturers. The real money is in treatment for disease not prevention of it.
Too true.

Vaccinations Can Be Money-Losers For Doctors : Shots - Health Blog : NPR

Old 11-21-2011, 08:58 PM

Healthcare workers that have been seriously harmed by the shots they were intimidated to take. Some of them have filed claims and won monetary judgements. Hear from kids seriously harmed, too.

The beat goes on....TRUTH...because, "facts matter."

Vaccine Dangers Exposed Part 2 Of 3 - YouTube

Old 11-21-2011, 09:02 PM

"But I'll be damned if the rest of us aren't going to do our best to exile you from polite society."

Eleanora, If anything damns you, it may most likely be your own pushing of the shots that are causing untold, and very serious human suffering that ruins the quality of life for not only individuals, but entire families.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:18 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,067,115 times
Quote:
"But I'll be damned if the rest of us aren't going to do our best to exile you from polite society."

Eleanora, If anything damns you, it may most likely be your own pushing of the shots that are causing untold, and very serious human suffering that ruins the quality of life for not only individuals, but entire families.
Wow, so shots are no longer about health...being for vaccines condemns your eternal soul to hell?

You don't just put your toe in the crazy pool, you just hop right in don't ya?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies