Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 02:03 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
1. Who caused the Israelis to fight back? Don't be ignorant.

Like two children in the back seat of a Buick, both screaming, mommy... daddy... they started it...Why not just go back to when the Talmud was being written and say it started then

2. I posted a youtube clip in response to a poster who said the Pals did not celebrate 9/11.

I could care less if your response was to some kook claiming the world was hollow, to take pleasure from the death of another human being is very disturbing.

3. You would prefer a permanent American presence in the Middle East over using the Israelis as are proxies? .
I would prefer NO U.S. presence in the Middle East. Israel did just fine on her own and during her various wars she survived without help (or much help)from the United States. Why do people always insist that we MUST have this strange and insufferable attachment to this tiny and dubious nation as though this alliance is above question?

Please explain to me how 30 BILLION additional dollars will benefit the United States or my fellow loyal citizens?

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-30-2007 at 11:13 PM.. Reason: orphaned content
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 02:11 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I would prefer NO U.S. presence in the Middle East. Israel did just fine on her own and during her various wars she survived without help (or much help)from the United States. Why do people always insist that we MUST have this strange and insufferable attachment to this tiny and dubious nation as though this alliance is above question?

Please explain to me how 30 BILLION additional dollars will benefit the United States or my fellow loyal citizens?
Are you talking about the 30 billion paid to Egypt, or to Israel? Do a little research...

What is either "strange" or "insufferable" about supporting a democratic ally, to anyone except you?

Is the fact that Israel is "tiny" somehow germane? Ask the billion arabs who have tried to wipe her out how small she is!

How is Israel "dubious"?

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-30-2007 at 11:15 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 08-30-2007, 02:41 PM

But since I've got you on the line, what is "sophomoric" or "anti-gentile" about the UN mandate that created Israel?

And (laughing here), do you seriously believe that Israel cannot defend herself? Please remember who took out Iraq's nuclear capability, and will do the same to Iran...

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-30-2007 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: orphaned content

Old 08-30-2007, 02:52 PM

564 posts, read 1,727,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
This war began in 1948 when the UN established the state of Israel, and the collective Arab armies were defeated in their attempt to destroy the new nation and murder all of its citizens. That you would support those who continue to try to destroy a legitimate democratic nation says a lot, both about your judgement and about your commitment to peace -- and what it says is not flattering.
This war did indeed begin in 1948, when Israel came in and took over Palestine. How would YOU like it if I came into your house and took over 3/4 of it simply because I believe I should live in it.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
This war did indeed begin in 1948, when Israel came in and took over Palestine. How would YOU like it if I came into your house and took over 3/4 of it simply because I believe I should live in it.
Israel (under the United Nations partition) "took over" part of a desert with a few scattered nomads, and populated it with the few survivors of the Holocaust, who had NO PLACE ELSE TO GO. The Israelis proceeded to offer full citizenship to all indigneous people, who replied by not only rejecting the UN partition, but by joining the forces of the invaders in murdering Israeli families, and thus forfeiting their rights. The surrounding Arab countries, instead of welcoming the nomads into their populations (most were Jordanians, as you know), locked them up in camps, to be used as tools to conduct further acts of aggression against Israel.

But you know all this. You also know that arabs living in Israel enjoy full rights of citizenship, including freedom of religion and the right to serve in parliament. Why not tell us how many Jews live in arab countries, and what rights THEY enjoy?

Old 08-30-2007, 03:32 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
As people can be witness to what happens when one disagrees with Israeli policies or wishes to divest support from it. Instead of getting a debate on the pros and cons of supporting it, you are equated as a blood thirsty Muslim terrorist who is bent on the wholesale slaughter of every Jew.

This type of tactic is quite effective at quashing debate on this subject, as Noam Chomsky and Israel Shahak knew all too well. Hopefully someday in my lifetime we will be able to disagree about this without such hate filled minds issuing forth contempt for those they see as a threat.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:06 PM

564 posts, read 1,727,141 times
Quote:
Israel (under the United Nations partition) "took over" part of a desert with a few scattered nomads, and populated it with the few survivors of the Holocaust, who had NO PLACE ELSE TO GO.
So they took over parts of a country without permission from it's residents. That's class. Regardless of what their situation was, it's still taking over parts of a country that eventually became taking over the majority of the country.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:40 PM

488 posts, read 1,176,875 times
Here's your religion of peace

TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Verses of Violence

Old 08-30-2007, 08:50 PM

488 posts, read 1,176,875 times
Because these are the people who want to kill us all Americans.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:12 PM

131 posts, read 577,623 times
Because these are the people you are defending. Does it really matter whether it's Hezbollah or Hamas? Is there a good terrorist organization vs. a bad one? Why on earth would you have a problem with posting the sura's if they don't represent what Islam is all about? Can you explain why you have a problem posting this when it explains what is behind the entire Israeli/palistinian conflict? You can't possibly believe it's about realestate! If it was we wouldn't be hearing Ahmajinidad carry on about wiping out the "monkeys and apes" and the "great satan". Yes, I know........he's not a Palistinian. But he is on your side now, isn't he?

Now to address your comment about Lakerat being a "stereotyipacal prick"............you have just confirmed my belief that telling a liberal the truth is like throwing holy water on a vampire. Good Job!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies