Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 09:20 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
WOW, do you hear yourself? Such a sad testament to character.
Based on your multiple rambling replies in this thread alone I'm not really concerned about your opinions of my character. I've never engaged in illegal activity at a Tea Party even, I've never been in involved in bigoted or racist activities at a Tea Party event, I've never been involved in violent activities at any Tea Party event.

That's a much better testament to my character than the opinions of some loony OWS nut jobs.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:00 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Right, like 30 tons of garbage left behind in Los Angeles by OWS.
Millions of dollars in damage and they never paid a nickel for fees to be there all unlike the Tea Party.

The Tea Party were the adults and OWS were the adolescents.
Nah. garbage is a moot point. En masse any people in a group will cause this.

Heres what Bristol Tennessee goes through every single year from NASCAR tailgate parties.

What you should know about Bristol Motor Speedway

Old 12-07-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Nah. garbage is a moot point. En masse any people in a group will cause this.

Heres what Bristol Tennessee goes through every single year from NASCAR tailgate parties.

What you should know about Bristol Motor Speedway
NASCAR is a private, for-profit racing event that brings in hundreds of thousands of paid attendees and hundreds of vendors. What does that have to do with OWS or the Tea Party?

The point is that en masse only 1 of the 2 groups being talked about in this thread caused a trash problem and it wasn't the Tea Party.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:46 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Overall I have only seen pics of TP from the news, so I will reserve my comment. And I havent been to a rally for them, BUT OWS in Vermont was peaceful and self-contained.

And alot cleaner than any NASCAR race event I've driven past on Bristol Hwy.jmo.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:59 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,520,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Based on your multiple rambling replies in this thread alone I'm not really concerned about your opinions of my character. I've never engaged in illegal activity at a Tea Party even, I've never been in involved in bigoted or racist activities at a Tea Party event, I've never been involved in violent activities at any Tea Party event.

That's a much better testament to my character than the opinions of some loony OWS nut jobs.

You may or may not be concerned with how I view your character but you know what? When you can stand anywhere...online, in person or talking with a family member and express the disdain that you have for another person, resorted to the name calling that you have it IS a testament of your character.

You may not like the messengers of OWS or how they present the message but the message itself is very valid and one that needs and must be addressed not to mention that the American people deserve for it to be addressed.

This is not about violent activities, this about basic human values and if you can to sit on this message board and in real life (as you claim) and spew the vitriol, filth and hate that you have for another human being...myself and countless others will leave you to your hate party. I would clearly rather align myself with someone/people who are trying to make a difference because there IS a problem (depsite their color, faith, side of the aisle, how they dress) that weren't so nasty and vile than to stand with someone who was fake, phony and a self-serving liar filled with hate, as I would know that there was a common goal and that goal was not a contest to see who could drag the other down the quickest. My mother always said..."people will drag others down, to lift themselves up".
Your words are full of bigotry, hate and yes racism. So perhaps the education that you want to toss-around didn't serve you so well, since you can't even see that.

Based on what you say here, it is no wonder that the tp IS bought and paid for, just like the rest and their relevance is done.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:29 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,291,070 times
Quote:
That's just ignorant. With my masters in EE, even in this kind of economy, I've got my choice of jobs if and when I choose to leave my current employer. I've got no reason to leave, I'm treated great and I'm worth something unlike an OWS protestor with a degree in anthropology or any other throw away degree. The only thing funnier would be a degree from an online "university". I'm also far from a kid but I sure wish I could go back to that time.
You're talking about ignorance as you don't understand the value of certain degrees?

Old 12-07-2011, 02:36 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times
Quote:
. I've never engaged in illegal activity at a Tea Party .
Don't know what to make of that statement.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Don't know what to make of that statement.
That during any of the many Tea Party events I've been to I've never seen or been part of any illegal activities. We never had trouble with the police, nobody was ever pepper sprayed and we never disrespected the facilities we used.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:31 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,520,038 times
Quote:
That during any of the many Tea Party events I've been to I've never seen or been part of any illegal activities. We never had trouble with the police, nobody was ever pepper sprayed and we never respected the facilities we used.

OH the irony!!! LOL!!!!!

Old 12-07-2011, 03:32 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,291,070 times
Quote:
That during any of the many Tea Party events I've been to I've never seen or been part of any illegal activities. We never had trouble with the police, nobody was ever pepper sprayed and we never respected the facilities we used.
That doesn't make sense, but okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies