Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 03:38 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post

Proof read before you post.
"Proofread" is one word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 08:30 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,585,553 times
Default Why don't Occupiers protest colleges and universities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Who's been raising tuitions each year to astronomical heights? And using taxpayer dollars to pay faculty big bucks with mucho perks and, if private, claiming tax-free status while living very large?

All those student loans that everyone is pissing about went into someone's pockets.

Whose, exactly?

We all know you're such courageous streetfighters, Occupiers. Too bad you haven't the nards to confront your professors with the evidence of their greed. Maybe your desire to emulate them trumps your outrage? Hmm?

Suckers...

Been out of the country lately?

This has been all over the news but somehow you missed it.

Protesters shut down UC regents' meeting

Old 12-04-2011, 01:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post

I got a kick out of this little bit of your link.

"The reason we're protesting in the first place is we want the university to be democratic and open," Lee said.

At one point in the teleconference, a UC finance staffer in San Francisco attempted to give a financial report about the state funding situation, but he was drowned out by chanting activists.

Do you see that the boy said he wanted the school run democratically and open? Maybe the Board of Regents should just call out all the staff members and allow the kids to run the place since they would be so much more democratic in spending taxpayers money.

I hope the kid wouldn't call forcing the moving of the meeting because of those democratic students drowning out the business.

Somehow I just can't see how people call what those students were doing as democratic. Do you think it is that?

Old 12-04-2011, 01:21 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
Quote:
Who's been raising tuitions each year to astronomical heights? And using taxpayer dollars to pay faculty big bucks with mucho perks and, if private, claiming tax-free status while living very large?

All those student loans that everyone is pissing about went into someone's pockets.

Whose, exactly?

We all know you're such courageous streetfighters, Occupiers. Too bad you haven't the nards to confront your professors with the evidence of their greed. Maybe your desire to emulate them trumps your outrage? Hmm?

Suckers...
Their professors haven't told them to do this yet.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:29 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
We've heard about little else. Ad nauseum.

To summarize this momentous event: a fake cop sprayed a bunch of fake students. Talk about collective incompetence -- the mind boggles: he had no business in a uniform, they had no business hanging around a university and playing hooky -- both on the taxpayers' dime. From what I saw of the incident, there were more people taking cellphone videos than anything else. Not exactly the cossacks cutting down the bolsheviks in the snow in 1917...
Your original OP acted as though you did not know about the protests and now you say that you have heard little else. This a thread fail of epic proportions.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:59 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,996,400 times
Occupiers protesting themselves? That will be the day.

I'm still waiting for them to march on Washington where the other half of the elite 1% reside.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:00 PM

101 posts, read 86,820 times
Because universities are liberal dominated for the most part. It's their own liberal masters who are the ones just eating up the tuition rates due to all the student loan money available which allows them to raise tuition.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Your original OP acted as though you did not know about the protests and now you say that you have heard little else. This a thread fail of epic proportions.
"Acted as if". Key phrase. Absurd on its face: how does a post act?

Read a little deeper. My reference to the trivial incident being blown up into a meaningful protest speaks for itself. I stand by my contention that the real issues -- namely the greed of the educational institutions whose largesse they enjoy, remain unaddressed by the "protestors", whose demands amount to little more than making themselves the chiefs of their own asylum.

Epic fail, indeed...

Last edited by Yeledaf; 12-04-2011 at 04:37 PM..

Old 12-04-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post

Actually, I'm out of the country right now. Being away from the current lukewarm rerun of 1968 is one of the few blessings I enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies