Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 12:36 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Contradiction #4: Pro-Darwinian Evolution vs. Anti-Human Domination
Most liberals believe in Darwinian evolution, as opposed to special Creation by God. They believe that all species arose naturally through a concept known as “survival of the fittest.” The weak die out and the strong survive. Yet, Liberals spend so much time (and other people’s money) fighting to protect endangered species, rare ecosystems, wet lands, etc. Isn’t this incredibly inconsistent? After all, evolutionists believe many species died out over millions of years because of natural selection. As consistent evolutionists, shouldn’t they be happy that humans are now dominating the planet and all sub-species? Incidentally, as a Christian, I believe God requires us to be good stewards of the environment (not tree huggers). But I can hold my position consistently.
Evolution by natural selection =/= Social Darwinism. Two different things people. One is an is, the other is an ought, for starters. People never get tired of repeating this inane point. At no point in time had Darwin ever claimed that one species was superior or had more of a right to existence.

And the point about saving endangered species being counter to natural selection is equally as inane in that it ignores the fact that human activity leading to habitat destruction and alteration has been the leading driver of present day extinctions. On that there is no debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 02:15 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
The car companies that could survive the normal bankruptcy process would still be here and be stronger than they are now because they wouldn't be answering to the Obama administration and making electric cars that don't sell.
Yeph, and they could be the ones to answer this question:

[SIZE=3]Who Killed the Electric Car?[/SIZE]

Old 12-12-2011, 02:18 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Both conservatives and liberals can be hypocritical but I cannot understand the Anti-War Liberals that did nothing but b*tch during the Bush years (rightfully so) but have now fallen silent because a Democrat is in office. If you had a backbone, you'd be voting for Ron Paul.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:52 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,289,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Both conservatives and liberals can be hypocritical but I cannot understand the Anti-War Liberals that did nothing but b*tch during the Bush years (rightfully so) but have now fallen silent because a Democrat is in office. If you had a backbone, you'd be voting for Ron Paul.
I have a backbone, and I think that Ron Paul's position on policing the world is exactly right. Unfortunately, a lot of his other ideas are beyond goofy.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:53 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,844,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I am. Obama has done nothing but expand war powers and executive power further.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:57 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
I have a backbone, and I think that Ron Paul's position on policing the world is exactly right. Unfortunately, a lot of his other ideas are beyond goofy.
Well, that I can understand even though I may not agree.

But remember, President's control foreign policy. Many of Ron Paul's ideas that you call "goofy" won't even make their way to the discussion board because of Congress.
Foreign Policy, however, is one aspect a President CAN control.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 12-12-2011 at 03:15 PM..

Old 12-12-2011, 03:15 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You are losing it W, you have diverted so far off topic I am not sure you are on the same website as the rest of us.
I see personal insults is once again your MO

Old 12-12-2011, 03:22 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,507 times
Default "LOONS" ..... Most Accurate Indeed !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I just saw this list and couldn't help getting help from liberals in debunking some or all of them. It may be very interesting seeing them attack the messenger, either me or the source without saying anything toward the debunking. Did I spell that favorite word of liberals right?

Top 10 Liberal Hypocrisies | Conservative Byte
roysoldboy !!! ... Good One !

Watch that thar spellin roy ! ..... It should always be spelled out in two words .............. "Liberal Loons" !!! Get it right will ya !

Cheers ... Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 12-12-2011, 05:57 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Over a week ago when I posted this thread there was one that purportedly listed all the hypocrisies of conservatives. Maybe you could find that one if you looked.

You are so right about both parties being equally bad but some left leaner had taken care of the part you mention, or so I thought.
You don't need a list of the hypocrisies of the cons. Their entire lives are one example after another of, I believe in what Is best for ME. ME. ME.

How about the example of Bachmann? Against the stimulus 100%, unless of course it's money for her district and than she is not only 100% in favour of it she presses hard to get every penny. She is against government subsidies unless of course they are for her FARM. What a putz.

Newt???? LOL I don't even need to go there. The only thing the man believes in is Newt. oh Oh forgot, The pope too since He's now a RC.

How about the GOP the Family values party??? Ha, ha, Who's family??? My old Tom cat's???

How about Palin not that she matters any more but to many she is the statement of what a conservative is. Dumb as a bag of wet nails, now that is not hypocracy but I just like to remind anyone that's a fact. Anyways, here she is a woman that wants to be a pargon of conservativism. How about her record? She has a big mouth about government spending and while she was Mayor of Wassila she spent the town into near bankruptcy.
She actuall ran out on her vows as the governer because of the ethics complaints that were about to crush her. Everything she says dies and thinks is about Her. She must be a narcissist to the millionth degree just like the rest of he species.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
You don't need a list of the hypocrisies of the cons. Their entire lives are one example after another of, I believe in what Is best for ME. ME. ME.

How about the example of Bachmann? Against the stimulus 100%, unless of course it's money for her district and than she is not only 100% in favour of it she presses hard to get every penny. She is against government subsidies unless of course they are for her FARM. What a putz.

Newt???? LOL I don't even need to go there. The only thing the man believes in is Newt. oh Oh forgot, The pope too since He's now a RC.

How about the GOP the Family values party??? Ha, ha, Who's family??? My old Tom cat's???

How about Palin not that she matters any more but to many she is the statement of what a conservative is. Dumb as a bag of wet nails, now that is not hypocracy but I just like to remind anyone that's a fact. Anyways, here she is a woman that wants to be a pargon of conservativism. How about her record? She has a big mouth about government spending and while she was Mayor of Wassila she spent the town into near bankruptcy.
She actuall ran out on her vows as the governer because of the ethics complaints that were about to crush her. Everything she says dies and thinks is about Her. She must be a narcissist to the millionth degree just like the rest of he species.
I see that you have read many of those piles of Pelosi that were put on that thread that I tried to pattern after. Do you really believe that smashing Palin like that is anything other than liberal hypocrisy? Great post with so much of the liberal rant that it is obvious what you had in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies