Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 07:13 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,095,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Smart thinking too bad so many don't understand that.
Thanks PDD..but you know,the truth is most Americans do not really pay attention to nor do they even care about politics in the least until election day it's self.

The coffee shops around here is the only place I hear it discussed,but when you walk out of there it is not mentioned again....I had never even thought about that till just now....nobody really cares around here unless it directly affects their life like concealed carry or the IL secretary of state raising license plate fees again for the 100th time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 07:54 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,577,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
We all have equal rights under the law already. The law applies to all.

When you create new laws in addition for someone being a different color or sexual orientation, that is extra rights.

Hate crimes are an example of extra special rights under the law.
All crime is hate anyway, why raise up a beating of a gay or Indian versus an old person who is white lets say? Absolutely retarded on every level. I'm sure you 100% agree.
actually we don't gay marriage bans violate the 14th amendment in TWO ways. also some states don't allow gay people to adopt. under what LEGAL or CONSTITUTIONAL criteria does this fall under?

single STRAIGHT PEOPLE can adopt but not SINGLE GAY PEOPLE?

Old 12-11-2011, 07:57 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,577,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
I lost lots of freinds thruogh out my life that I miss but if they were gay they would be dead to me!!
what other minority traits that they didn't choose would make them dead to you? left handed? born with a disability?

anybody who would hate someone because they're different.. ESPECIALLY not through choice probably wouldn't make a good friend in general

Old 12-11-2011, 09:45 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,952,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What about conservatives VS liberals?
Last I heard, 40% of Americans classify themselves as conservatives and 22% as liberals.
Obviously you heard incorrectly. I posted the polls. The majority of registered voters are Democrats. This is nothing new. What Republicans had working for them in the las election was voter turnout and independents, doesn't mean things will be the same for the next one.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:47 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,481,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Obviously you heard incorrectly. I posted the polls. The majority of registered voters are Democrats. This is nothing new. What Republicans had working for them in the las election was voter turnout and independents, doesn't mean things will be the same for the next one.
Nice try.

In 2010, Conservatives Still Outnumber Moderates, Liberals

Old 12-11-2011, 09:49 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,576,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
i am sure your gay friends, not that you would have ever had any, would feel exactly the same way about you.
Wait, i am sure any gay folks that would have had the misfortune to come in contact with you would be far more compassionate.
i don't spend all my time thinking about perverted sick people. Don't care what they think. Call me an islamist who care!

Old 12-11-2011, 09:57 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,576,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlarson21 View Post
what other minority traits that they didn't choose would make them dead to you? Left handed? Born with a disability?

Anybody who would hate someone because they're different.. Especially not through choice probably wouldn't make a good friend in general
the key word is choice! They have a choice and their choice is to be perverted sick! And you're right, i could not be freinds nwith people who are sexually perverted. Could you be freinds with a murderer? Who loves to murder!

Old 12-11-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
the key word is choice! They have a choice and their choice is to be perverted sick! And you're right, i could not be freinds nwith people who are sexually perverted. Could you be freinds with a murderer? Who loves to murder!
Neither I nor most other Americans think they have a "choice, nor do we think they're "perverted" or "sick" (And I'm a conservative BTW).

And, you compare gay people to murderers? Wow! It's scary to think that there are people with this mindset in 2011.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:06 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,952,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

I don't have to try. I posted polls on party affiliation yours is on ideology. The fact still stands and according to the poll on party affiliation, 27% of Americans identify as Republican, 35% as Independents, 36% as Democrats, Republicans including leaners is 41% and Democrats including leaners is 50%. This was from a Gallup poll taken in November of this year.

Party Affiliation

Identify however you want, but no matter how you try to spin it, but the majority of registered voters in this country are NOT Republicans. Lying about it isn't going to change that.

Here's another from May of this year.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147971/De...eases-May.aspx

Quote:

PRINCETON, NJ -- In May, 45% of Americans identified as Democrats or said they were independent but leaned Democratic, compared with 39% who identified as Republicans or leaned Republican. The six-percentage-point Democratic advantage represents a slight increase from the four-point advantage Gallup measured in April, which matches the 2011 average to date.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
I don't have to try. I posted polls on party affiliation yours is on ideology. The fact still stands and according to the poll on party affiliation, 27% of Americans identify as Republican, 35% as Independents, 36% as Democrats, Republicans including leaners is 41% and Democrats including leaners is 50%.

Party Affiliation
You posted that to "correct" a poster who claimed that conservatives outnumber liberals. That poster was talking about ideology, not party affiliation, as well.

Quote:
Identify however you want, but no matter how you try to spin it, but the majority of registered voters in this country are NOT Republicans.
And they're not Democrats either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies