Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 09:24 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,956,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
For all? You mean, unless they are gay, female, black, latino, or poor.
Are you saying the Conservative party has none of these people??? Guess what the party even has gays!!! As for the poor.........kind of goes with the Proverb............Give a Man A Fish He Eats for One Day, Teach A Man to Fish He Eats For Life.

Conservatives are not against the poor, they just rather encourage a little get off you butt and help yourself. Nothing wrong with getting it for yourself. A hard days work makes you appreciate a day off. Much more rewarding, than waiting for that check in the mail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 09:25 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,837,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Interesting provocative use of the word conservative... when it should have said Muslims.

nice try i see what your saying time and time again when its applied to liberals its perfectly fine huh

Old 12-13-2011, 09:25 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,140,701 times
I always cast a skeptical eye at these sorcery convictions.

As if any real sorcerer would be so easily caught.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:26 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,772,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You really need to educate yourself.

Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally, liberals support ideas such as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, and freedom of religion.

Liberalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nothing about state control or the antithesis of Freedom.
Lol, ya didn't read the link did you? The describe Mises as a liberal. They are lumping "classical liberals" (conservatives) and modern liberals together.

for your edification, from your link.

"Classical liberals, who broadly emphasized the importance of free markets and civil liberties, dominated liberal history for a century after the French Revolution. The onset of the First World War and the Great Depression, however, accelerated the trends begun in late 19th century Britain towards a "new liberalism" (social liberalism) that emphasized a greater role for the state in ameliorating societal ills. By the beginning of the 21st century, liberal democracies and their fundamental characteristics—support for constitutions, civil rights and individual liberties, pluralistic society, and the welfare state—were widespread in most regions around the world."

Not a word about war mongering or oppression!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:30 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,818,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, ya didn't read the link did you? The describe Mises as a liberal. They are lumping "classical liberals" (conservatives) and modern liberals together.

Not a word about war mongering or oppression!
I tried to point out the same thing about classical liberalism in post #50 but it went right over the head of the poster I was replying to.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:34 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,567,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Are you saying the Conservative party has none of these people??? Guess what the party even has gays!!! As for the poor.........kind of goes with the Proverb............Give a Man A Fish He Eats for One Day, Teach A Man to Fish He Eats For Life.

Conservatives are not against the poor, they just rather encourage a little get off you butt and help yourself. Nothing wrong with getting it for yourself. A hard days work makes you appreciate a day off. Much more rewarding, than waiting for that check in the mail.
The last time I watched the Republican debates, all I saw was a sea of white; no signs of minorities anywhere in the audience. For a moment, I thought I was watching a United Russia rally.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:34 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,140,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I tried to point out the same thing about classical liberalism in post #50 but it went right over the head of the poster I was replying to.
The problem is you are slinging poo and it's getting on the classic liberals.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:38 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,772,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
They will never get it, they are spinning so furiously. It's pretty funny!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:41 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,818,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
The problem is you are slinging poo and it's getting on the classic liberals.
I doubt that since classical liberals are conservatives.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:43 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,567,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
They will never get it, they are spinning so furiously. It's pretty funny!
You guys are the ones spinning. You can't have it both ways... on the one hand trying to make the word liberal a bad word and then on the other hand backtracking and calling it "classical liberalism" when it doesn't soot your agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies