Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 09:02 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,954,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
If you do it for decades and decades, yes.

But McDonalds and soda, unlike marijuana (or alcohol), don't alter your mental state.

No, it shouldn't be "their choice." They're teenagers.

so why don't we ban alcohol as well? hmmm??

unlike pot, alcohol is an addictive drug that does far more damage to your health
and kills thousands every year in drunk driving and hit and run accidents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 09:03 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,728 times
I'm 16, so I know a little something about teenagers. The reason that they do drugs in the first place is because they are under the dilusion that they're live's are worse than everyone else's. The reason that they can even get away with doing it, especialy in the suberbs, is because they're parents are under this illusion, "Oh my baby would never do that. They are so smart, and know better than to throw their lives away like that. I trust my child." this is why those teenagers suffer. Either their parents forget what they did when they were teens, or they were just never subjected to the kind of things that my generation are subjected to on a daily basis. Not only is the teenage brain not fully developed, but we are rageing with hormones. They have the brain of a 13-18 year old, but the judgement of a 3-6 year old which is, I want to do it and I want to do it now. I don't group myselves with these teenagers because I have never done drugs, and I have the sence not to. My parents are the ones who remember exactly what they did when they were teens, well almost exactly. lol. My parents have one rule, never trust anyone 12-22 not even they're own kids. Yes, most of the time I hate it, but it shows that they want me to do better than they did. I and my parents are perfectly fine with people over 18 doing pot, because once you are 18 you are at the age of doing what you want, when you want and face the consequences. I also think that they should lower the age of legal consuption from 21 to 18. You can fight for your country, but you can't have a drink while doing it? I have friends who are borderline drunks, definet pot heads, and one thats pregnate, and they all smoke, all of them are between the ages of 16-18. The parents are the cause and solution of ALL of this! Stop trusting you kids to do the right thing, because 8 times out of 10 they won't. Don't trust their friends, and establish the rule that anyone who brings anything illegal into the house will be leaving with the police, if they bring cigs into the house and are under 18 they will be leaving with their parents. My parents make it a point to let any teenager know that before they even cross the treshold for the first time.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:32 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
If that is in fact true, Gingrich is an idiot.
Judge Napolitano was reporting on it, he wasn't happy. The problem, Newt has smoked it himself!! LOL

Old 12-14-2011, 09:34 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Over 90% of all drugs imported to the United States make it to market.

The drug war is a complete and utter failure, and one of the worst things we've ever spent tax payer money on.
Our government, doesn't let anything just get through. There's rewards being given to someone and it's not Americans.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:42 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Do you feel that teenagers should be allowed to drink and smoke pot?
"Allowed" indicates someone in authority is giving them permission so no, I don't think they should be allowed. But their parents are the authority and if anyone is going to stop them it probably going to be them. I favor the same rules for pot as there is for alcohol, knowing damn well that many will do it anyway.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:29 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,553,096 times
At least you don't get a hangover.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:44 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,213,079 times
It's so hilarious people think pot is this "HORRIBLE" drug. Good god - I'd way rather see my kids smoking pot with friends than every going out and getting drunk.

I'll never know why pot has such a stigma. Alcohol causes way more problems.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:58 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,697,329 times
I'd rather see weed legal and alcohol illegal. Seen way more people make stupid decisions (myself included) while drunk than while high.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:45 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The teen brain is in full development until the age of 19 and 20.

This is a side effect of the drug war. Instead of actually teaching people the truth about drugs like marijuana, we make up crap and then no one knows what to believe.

Also, drug dealers don't ID, liquor store clerks do most of the time.

Teens shouldn't use drugs because their brains are developing and it changes that chemistry that shouldn't be tampered with, but until we tell people the truth about these substances, how are they supposed to tell whats real and fake?
The bolded is what has been done regarding sex over the last 10 to 15 yrs which explains why everyone is so clueless about sex now

Same goes for pot regarding misinformation. Mostly harmless, yet the war continues with no success

Old 12-15-2011, 01:43 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,292,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
It's so hilarious people think pot is this "HORRIBLE" drug. Good god - I'd way rather see my kids smoking pot with friends than every going out and getting drunk.

I'll never know why pot has such a stigma. Alcohol causes way more problems.
I do not know how far back you are looking, but a large part is because it was thought to be able to rival paper from trees.

Why is Marijuana Illegal? « Drug WarRant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies