Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 10:12 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,349,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post

Ok. And I encourage you to live by God's Law as long as you want to. But you shouldn't want to place God's law on people who don't believe God's law is the right thing. Just like you wouldn't want Sharia law, non-Christians don't want to live by Christian law.

And besides, if we did implement God's law you'd be in jail. As would I and everyone else. Unless you've never sinned before, which I find doubtful.

God's Law was given to God's People to administer God's Justice in their society.

In a secular society moral/legal decisions are based on the whim of everchanging popular opinion [which can be manipulated by evil men.]

Btw... unlike secular injustice, under God's Law there are no prison punishments where men are caged and raped repeatedly.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:14 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post
There are alot of people that are ok with alot of sin. That is true. Not sure why that makes it ok. Let us all do what we feel is ok? I asked this question earlier and did not get an answer. Are all gays atheists? If not, then you can at least admit that homosexuality is sinful, right?
As long as they are not harming anybody why not let people do what they want to do...what they feel is okay.

Speaking for myself...no, I do not admit that homosexuality is sinful.

I live my life according to my conscience...and let other people live their lives according to the dictates of their consciences.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:14 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Exactly.

Which is why the founders stated that a free government requires a moral and virtuous people in order for it to survive. You can not achieve such when morality is based on subjective whim as there is no defining standard to what is right and what is wrong as it can be manipulated to serve whoever has the majority of control.

It is also why you can not debate morality to one who is immoral. They makeup their own rules and since they are the creator of their values, they also contain the power to adjust them to their benefit.
Exactly how does one debate morals with someone who hasn't any?

Old 08-02-2012, 10:15 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
It absolutely is, because of what the politicians in Boston and Chicago and San Francisco said.
I take it back, they made it a freedom of speech issue.

Before they stepped in with their stupidity, however, it wasn't a freedom of speech issue.

The entire boycott surrounded the owner giving profits to groups that actively seek to discriminate against homosexuals.

Nothing more, nothing less.

1,466 posts, read 1,229,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Exactly.

Which is why the founders stated that a free government requires a moral and virtuous people in order for it to survive. You can not achieve such when morality is based on subjective whim as there is no defining standard to what is right and what is wrong as it can be manipulated to serve whoever has the majority of control.

It is also why you can not debate morality to one who is immoral. They makeup their own rules and since they are the creator of their values, they also contain the power to adjust them to their benefit.
Hi. I'm an atheist and I like to think I live by pretty good morals. Basically the same ones Christians live by (or some 'Sunday Christians' CLAIM to live by), barring a few things.

Also, morality was around before the Bible and the 10 commandments were.

1,851 posts, read 2,154,109 times
You have to hand it to Don Cathy. He knows his customer base and he couldn't have come up with a better publicity stunt, to sucker the Sockpuppets into a frenzy and spending money in his franchises, LMAO!

Hoooook .....Line and Sinker. Swallow it down.

The Lemmings can always be counted upon to follow.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:17 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Hi. I'm an atheist and I like to think I live by pretty good morals. Basically the same ones Christians live by (or some 'Sunday Christians' CLAIM to live by), barring a few things.

Also, morality was around before the Bible and the 10 commandments were.
Which some people seem to just plain ignore.

Morals are not a religious thing. They're a societal thing that evolves into a personal thing. Christian morals? Only stuck around due to society, and many of those are going by the wayside due to society evolving. Morality is relative, anyone who believes otherwise is just fooling themselves.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:17 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
I take it back, they made it a freedom of speech issue.

Before they stepped in with their stupidity, however, it wasn't a freedom of speech issue.

The entire boycott surrounded the owner giving profits to groups that actively seek to discriminate against homosexuals.

Nothing more, nothing less.
Basically agree.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:18 AM

270 posts, read 522,633 times
Quote:
"Not sure why that makes it ok."

Well I'm not entirely sure it does it make it "ok". As a random example, I don't think parents should spoil their children. But I also don't think it should be illegal. And, to be honest, parents spoiling their children harms a lot more people than homosexuals marrying does.

"Let us all do what we feel is ok?"

Not necessarily. Generally I feel more civil rights = better. But obviously if someone feels that murdering people is ok, that isn't grounds for making it illegal. In general I believe a victimless crime should not be a crime, but there are exceptions.

"All are gays atheists?"

No, of course not.

"If not, then you can at least admit that homosexuality is sinful, right?"

No, I don't agree with that statement. I agree that the Bible says it's wrong, yes. But the Bible says women aren't allowed to even speak in church, and yet Christianity has allowed that. Why? Because people didn't see the harm in letting women speak anymore. And some people used certain passages in the Bible to say interracial marriage was sinful. But now *most* people think it's silly to think interracial marriage or women talking in church is sinful. And my guess would be that in a decade or two gay marriage will be the same.
You believe a victimless crime should not be a crime. And you set your own rules, so there is no point in this discussion. You have decided what should be. And by the way, no sin is victimless.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:18 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
No, idiot mayors are saying that.

I don't agree with disallowing CFA stores to open in cities.

Which is willful ignorance of what's actually been said:

We don't think you're a bigot if you disagree with our lifestyle. We think you're a bigot if you actively seek to denigrate and discriminate against our lifestyle, which is what actively giving money to groups who seek to put down homosexuals does.

And yet you complain about people calling this man a bigot.

I don't really care.

ALl I care about is that a company is actively discriminating against homosexuals in the way they donate their money, therefore they will not get my personal money.

If you continue to support CFA, by all means, do so. We're not telling you to quit going there, we're not trying to say that all CFAs need to be closed down, we're just saying that we cannot support the man who will willingly try to harm us.
you dont have to care. you can say the other side is willfully ignorant. It doesnt matter. youve hurt your argument.

and the "idiot mayors" are on your side. they speak for you all day long weither or not you like it. and giving money to organizations that are working on a political issue is NOT biggotry. It is NOT discrimination. Discrimination would be not hiring gay people or putting up signs that say "gays cant eat here"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies