Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 PM

431 posts, read 474,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Since you seem to be an expert on the wages of sin being death, can you tell me why babies die who haven't lived long enough to have sinned? Is there a Bible passage to cover them?
they cant answer that and wont how about those * poor souls *who living in foreigh lands were never told what sin was how could they not sin if they didnt know it existed, all those who died before the words sin were entered into the bible
as the great george carlin once said ..how could i know what the 7 words are if you dont tell me
George Carlin - The Seven Words - YouTube

Old 08-08-2012, 10:22 PM

431 posts, read 474,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Several people have posted them several times in this thread. Try searching for them.
I'm tired of posting the same information repeatedly.
one more time post #4929

Old 08-09-2012, 01:53 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Oy! Absolutely no one on this thread is trying to keep this man from doing/saying what he wants. We're simply responding to it in ways that are also protected as forms of free speech (That's right. It isn't just people on your side of the issue that have freedom. I know that kills you, but it's the truth.)
Oh, no. No one wants Mr. Cathy silenced. They just want his business bankrupted, his customers hassled, and his defenders figuratively hung in the village square.

And I concede that you do indeed have the right to act like a damn fool in public. Which you do, regularly.

Quote:
Incorrect, homosexual couples are being denied the right to marry and adopt.
1. Unless you want the definition of marriage changed, they most certainly are not. They can marry anyone of the other sex whom they wish. You and Wanda Sykes, for example, would make a lovely couple, once she ditched that stick she's stuck with. 2. This is not a right, but a privilege. And the legislatures and voters of many states want normal families for adopted children.

Quote:
Lol, didn't say I disagreed. Just pointed out how you made a claim you couldn't provide evidence to support. Typical of your side of this issue, though...
Sorry, Bruce. I'm the teacher here and you're very much the neophyte. Typical of your side is the inability to do anything more profound than pretend that you don't Google 24/7. Oh, that's right. You'd call it "research".

Quote:
Lookit, here's a workable compromise: Nobody hates anybody. The reason "Christians" are picking on the gays more than any other group of "sinners" that generally do absolutely no harm to anyone, is not because they hate them; it's because they LIKE them, actually. They're flirting with them. Yes yes?
I have no idea what motivates Christians, though I assume it is the Biblical injunctions against homosexual behavior, promulgated at a time when they witnessed firsthand the decay and decline of the Greek and Roman empires which were riddled with homosexual perversion and uncontrolled epidemics of venereal disease, which metamorphosed over time to continue to lague mankind today. You know, like HIV. And the death wishes. Self-loathing. All those things that make "gay" in the postmodern sense such an oxymoron.

Lookit, here's a scenario: the kind of things the Mayo Clinic identified as so much more prevalent among gays than straights in the link I gave you pages and pages ago, which if you reflected on it at all made you ask yourself what in the heck you were doing with your life, since you were causing both yourself and your family such pain, and trying to justify your way of life with, and seeking the approval of, people who find both your behavior and your attitude insulting --- the fact that you keep on ignoring the facts and having your teeth rhetorically kicked in --- shows that you like the whippings you're taking. That it turns you on. That you're a masochist. That you are, if fact, much more of a Yogi Berra than a Whitey Ford.

Yes yes?

Old 08-09-2012, 04:25 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Oh, no. No one wants Mr. Cathy silenced. They just want his business bankrupted, his customers hassled, and his defenders figuratively hung in the village square.
So you think we oughta feel sorry for this guy. This guy who, in addition to being rich and from just being born has legal rights that homosexuals have to fight so hard for, makes the public statement essentially that gays shouldn't be getting married? Whatever, dude. Moving on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
And I concede that you do indeed have the right to act like a damn fool in public. Which you do, regularly.
"Moving on" x2. I refuse to argue with a 5-year old

Old 08-09-2012, 05:03 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
So you think we oughta feel sorry for this guy. This guy who, in addition to being rich and from just being born has legal rights that homosexuals have to fight so hard for, makes the public statement essentially that gays shouldn't be getting married? Whatever, dude. Moving on.
I don't feel sorry for him, he's a rich guy with a penchant for pomposity. I feel sorry for you. You're a nobody with the same affliction.

Quote:
"Moving on" x2. I refuse to argue with a 5-year old
Give it a try. You might have better luck.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:28 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
So I have to prove my faith or what? I am merely having conversations and sharing my faith and opinion.
No - thats the problem.

Your faith is only relevant to you. If you want to use "faith" as evidence, it is smoke and mirrors. You may think it is something substantial, but anyone debating with you won't find it relevant.

You can share your faith, but you won't convince anyone of anything. . other than you have an opinion.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:52 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA151 View Post
B/S I didnt get married in a church my marriage was legal and authorized by the local govt who issued the license . no man in the sky was needed
we have been happy for 30 years ....
marriage is a man made law saying its god ordained dont make it so

amen to that, you are 10000000 percent correct.

man made it up, man can change it.

BTW, I never even heard fo this chick fil thing, where are they, I will throw a rock thru the window,

just sayin

Old 08-09-2012, 10:59 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
[/color]

amen to that, you are 10000000 percent correct.

man made it up, man can change it.

BTW, I never even heard fo this chick fil thing, where are they, I will throw a rock thru the window,

just sayin
So you have never heard about this but would throw a rock through their window although not one of their franchises have anything to do with what the CEO said? OK good for you.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:04 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Arrest made in Chick-fil-A vandalism case.

Artist Arrested For Vandalizing Torrance ‘Chick-fil-A’ « CBS Los Angeles

Calif Man Arrested for Message on Chick-Fil-A

Old 08-09-2012, 03:09 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Maybe the good folks at CFA and their good "christian forgiveness" will refuse to press charges for this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies