Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 12:31 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,774,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
You miss what could have been, the expectations, the dreamed of. while I was pregnant, my babies did things that were unique to them. (tho' i'm sure others have had similar things ) My oldest had hiccups, and would kick in response to taps on the belly. Both my kids had a certain way of laying. My oldest was a preemie and ultra sound photos show him laying exactly the same way he did for many nights after he was born. He had would hold his ear, like he was a afraid of losing it. It was too cute.
I don't find the photos, naming, ceremony odd at all. I may not have chosen to go public with them , but to each his own.
I've had a miscarriage, so I know the pain. I am also a twin, or would have been, but my twin died in utero. My mom says I knew, or sensed, even before they told me, that I should have had an "other half"
What you describe applies probably to 95% of fetuses.
Anyway, I guess it makes a difference if you have just one or two kids or reproduce like rabbits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 12:34 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,056,145 times
Most people would likely grieve these things on a personal level, so it becomes a WTF moment for me. But, I don't see anything wrong with them posting this online. I think Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar are a couple of socially dysfunctional people, and this looks like just another brick in that wall. They do seem to enjoy the spotlight!

Old 12-19-2011, 12:43 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,615,828 times
lmfao... OP the left is upset??? who cares about a reality trash tv show.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:44 PM

298 posts, read 390,116 times
The left is upset because they aren't on welfare, which is quite rare for such a large family.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:48 PM

7 posts, read 23,600 times
Lenin's body lay in state, " All dressed up and no place to go"

Old 12-19-2011, 12:49 PM

802 posts, read 564,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
The left is upset because they aren't on welfare, which is quite rare for such a large family.
A most astute observation. Excellent point.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:49 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,269,129 times
"the left" isn't anything. Man you posters sure show your ignorance.

This is just a weird situation. Reality TV is treading into waters most people have never had to deal with before. Being voyeurs into others lives, and having people WANT to live their lives with everyone watching. It's beyond entertainment, it's like The Truman Show or something.

I don't care about the Duggars or how they want to handle the miscarriage but it is annoying to see them splashed across everything I come across. I wish privacy would come back in vogue.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:51 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,774,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
I read most of their huge home has been built by volunteers, sponsored by Discovery Communications. That doesn't hurt I suppose

In my opinion, those who are pissed are not pissed by those photos, but by the family as such, which stands for everything progressive people don't like.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:53 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,269,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I read most of their huge home has been built by volunteers, sponsored by Discovery Communications. That doesn't hurt I suppose

In my opinion, those who are pissed are not pissed by those photos, but by the family as such, which stands for everything progressive people don't like.
In my opinion, those who are pissed are not pissed by those photos, but by the family as such, which stands for everything intelligent people don't like.

That's how I would have worded it. They branded their family like the Kardashians, and I don't think we are going down a good road with any of this.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:55 PM

568 posts, read 963,195 times
uh-oh - trolls are taking over this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies